PDA

View Full Version : Happy Days! Great Blood Work Results!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cat Lady
Tue, May-28-02, 19:37
I'm so excited! I've gotten the results of my latest labwork back and my numbers are the best they've been in five years!!!! My bad cholesterol has finally dropped into the normal range (a drop of 57 points since starting Atkins), and my other blood levels are all improved.

I've been following this WOL for two & a half months now and while I knew I felt better physically and emotionally, seeing those lab numbers was very satisfying and uplifting. My doctor wants me to continue Atkins because of the improvements in my weight and my health. :-)

Thanks to everyone in these wonderful forums for their great ideas and support! It can only get better from this point on. :-)

Phyllis (aka Cat Lady)

Ruth
Tue, May-28-02, 20:08
Phyllis,

Congratulations on the good test results. All your determination and hard work has paid off. Isn't it wonderful that your doc is supportive of your LC WOL? You should be feeling very proud of yourself, because YOU made it happen.

Cheers,

TeriDoodle
Tue, May-28-02, 21:16
Way to go, Catlady!!! :thup: Isn't that just the GREATEST news? Keep it going.... you'll only keep feeling better and better!! :D

Doodle
Wed, May-29-02, 01:49
Phillys... Thanks so much for posting that great news... It is so encouraging to read. :thup:
Doods.

Bonnie
Wed, May-29-02, 03:24
I also can say a big thank you and a sigh of relief to this WOL in the fact that hubby has been Lipitor free for quite some time now..the next time someone asks if this diet works...point them to this thread... :D kudos to you Phyllis :clap: :clap:

Bonnie

vbrowne
Wed, May-29-02, 07:39
I have been taking Lipitor for over a year now and Losec (for gastric ulcer) for close to 15 years, i'm hoping that my upcoming blood work will allow me to at least stop Lipitor and wean me off of the Losec. Thanks for the posts, it's really encouraging.

Cinderella
Wed, May-29-02, 08:14
I love to read posts like this!!

Great work Phyllis!

tink
Wed, May-29-02, 12:13
it's so encouraging to read posts like these...

congratulations...........

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Lisa N
Wed, May-29-02, 16:57
way to go on those numbers, Phyllis! I know it feels great to see what you always knew to be true validated by the lab results. I'm also very happy to hear that your doctor is supporting you in what you are doing. Keep up the good work!

PineSlayer
Wed, May-29-02, 17:34
Congratulations, Phyllis!!!

gracie-poo
Wed, May-29-02, 17:38
Whoo hoo, way to go!!

A healthy body is the best reward!!!

:cool: