PDA

View Full Version : Brownie Recipe

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GYMGIRL
Tue, May-28-02, 03:24
Can someone please tell me a low carb brownie receipe or a low carb cake receipe I live in New Zealand & we do not have the Atkins bake mix avaliable what else can I use?? :confused:

Bonnie
Tue, May-28-02, 04:39
Gymgirl... here is a link to a LC recipe called Gourmet Fudge Brownies... goood luck :thup:

http://www.lowcarbcafe.com/ckbk/sefer.cgi?display:963960361-4966.txt

chbbybnny
Mon, Jun-24-02, 14:40
Has anyone tried this? They sound sooooo yummy!! :yum:

But where would I find ground almonds? Could I use something in place of it? :)

Bonnie
Mon, Jun-24-02, 15:11
Ground almonds are exactly what they are :) you can either grind your own (for finely ground as in almond flour Karen suggests using a coffee grinder)...a food processor will also do the trick (but not as fine)...or if you have a Bulk Barn handy they should sell almond flour along with other flours such as hazelnut, walnut etc...

Bonnie

tamarian
Mon, Jun-24-02, 16:34
Check my recipe, I've had great reviews on it :)

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37076

Wa'il

chbbybnny
Mon, Jun-24-02, 17:08
Thank you, Tam those sound so yummy, I am making them tonight :)

LadyBelle
Sun, Sep-26-04, 15:43
I have found alot of recipes contianing oat flour, but I can't seeem to find the stuff locally. Is there any substatutions that work or is it a unique thing?

tofi
Sun, Sep-26-04, 16:07
Again, you could grind your own from rolled oats. Get the kind that need long cooking (20-40 minutes or in that area), not the "quick" kind that only need 5 minutes. Use a food processor or coffee grinder and turn them into flour.

LadyBelle
Sun, Sep-26-04, 16:58
I'll have to try that, thanks :) Only trouble is even those kind of oats require an hour drive to colorado