PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dracarys
Wed, Feb-12-14, 18:54
Hello everyone. I'm happy to be here on the forums.

I have always loved refined sugar and fat. I would prefer to eat that more than anything. I'm that person that wants 2 cups of pasta and only 1 meatball. Only half of my cookies end up being baked, because I eat half of the dough. White rice, chicken broth and butter is a midnight snack. But I'm 41 now, and I'm starting to feel the consequences: Heartburn, stiff neck and tension, hearing my own pulse, among others. Deep down, I knew it was because of all of the sugar in my diet. If I don't do something about it now, at 51, I will be a diabetic. So this is my motivation for low carbing. It's to clean up my insides. The weight loss is important, too. I've gotten so heavy I can no longer jump, and I walk with a limp because I have all this weight on a joint I injured in my youth.

This isn't my first time trying low carb. I did Protein Power years ago, but I didn't manage well. So this round, I'm striking out and doing a plan of my own making, combining everything I've learned over the years and tempering it with a different attitude this time: this isn't a diet for me like before. This is how I plan to eat for the rest of my life.

Today is day 4, and I already feel better. The heartburn is gone. So is the neck stiffness. I can't hear my pulse now. I do have "induction headaches," but I know those will go away.

Wish me luck!

Elizellen
Thu, Feb-13-14, 06:18
Welcome to the board :wave:

It looks as if your plan is agreeing with your body to get such changes so quickly! Keep up the good work! :thup:

JEY100
Thu, Feb-13-14, 06:30
Welcome! This a great forum for information to help you craft a low carb diet that works for you...many plans are embraced here. Since you tried LCHF last time, there has been an explosion in the Paleo world, plans that focus on a healthy lifestyle long-term with real foods. Check out the Paleolithic forum, and the Diabetes one too. A short explanation:http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

The New Atkins book suggests more salt to help with the initial side-effects, a cup of salted broth both mid-morning and afternoon really helps. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=8626210#post8626210
Great that you are feeling better already! All the best,

erinleigh
Thu, Feb-13-14, 12:39
HI! :wave:

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on getting the inductions flu! That alone means you are going in the right direction! :)

Make a journal...stay awhile! :wiggle:

I've been coming here for over 10 years and its been the best support system for this WOL!