PDA

View Full Version : Just another newee...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

littabitta
Sun, Feb-09-14, 07:13
HI ...FIRST TIME ON ADKINS... its not bad. 6 days already. Last night I bought a Atkins bar the box said 3 gram after I ate one I saw the package said 19 grams. Can anyone explain this? Thanks...see u in the forum :) :wave:

LorelaiS
Sun, Feb-09-14, 07:57
There are probably many sugar alcohol carbs. You take the number of total carbs minus the amount of fiber and for some people you can subtract the amount of sugar alcohols because they are not supposed to affect blood sugar levels. And then you get a number called net effective carbs which is the number they advertise on the front of the box.

scousewife
Sun, Feb-09-14, 14:48
I'm new at this, but why do you say "for some people" you can subtract the amount of sugar alcohols? Who can and who can't? I'd appreciate if you could shed light on my dim brain :)

Bonnie OFS
Sun, Feb-09-14, 17:56
Some of us get cravings, a rise in blood sugar, and/or diarrhea. Not fun. :(