PDA

View Full Version : Newcomers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kitty May
Mon, May-27-02, 11:26
I've just joined. I started Atkins 2 weeks ago, lasted 4 days then ate "normally" for 2 days then binged badly for 1. I started again last Monday and lost 5 pounds then yesterday (Sunday) I ate French bread, pasta, banana bread and a cookie. I've started again today though. I guess this has to be a "just for today" thing because I can't imagine the rest of my life without breads, pastas and sweets.

Talon
Mon, May-27-02, 11:32
You might want to take the quiz in the upper right hand corner that says "Which low-carb plan is right for me?". You might do better on a plan that is more liberal with the carbs than Atkins.

Eating high fat and high carbs could be dangerous to your health! Be sure to read the book of the plan you choose.

Good luck!

PineSlayer
Mon, May-27-02, 11:36
Welcome Kitty!

I had the same problems you did when I tried low carb for the first time in 1995, so I know how you are feeling. :rose:

I know now it was because I was not taking the right supplements. This time around, I am not having cravings. :yay:

I have been back on the low carb WOL since late April and have only oops 1 day and only for an hour, so there is hope.

Take it one day at a time and it will happen.

Good luck to you.