PDA

View Full Version : Hello, finally found a site for low carbers x

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rachiecase
Tue, Jan-21-14, 14:16
Hiya,

My name is Rachel, I'm doing the Dr Charles Clarke diet, this will be my 3rd time now. Its worked everytime, I lost 5stone first time, 4 stone the second. I follow a gluten/wheat free diet anyway as I suffer with IBS and wheat really upsets me. I put all that weight on before with my children I had problem pregnancies and was unable to walk, I had to inject myself with hormones which piled the pounds on, plus I was bored, could surprisingly eat bread, cakes etc without it upsetting me so I totally enjoyed myself haa.

Feb 2013 I had a hysterectomy and my weight has been up and down since, and craving sugar, tired all the time, I feel like I need to get a hold of it before I pile it all back on again and need some support and advice.

Thank you xx

erinleigh
Tue, Jan-21-14, 14:37
Hi! Welcome!!! :)

Mrs Plaia
Tue, Jan-21-14, 15:09
Feb 2013 I had a hysterectomy and my weight has been up and down since, and craving sugar, tired all the time, I feel like I need to get a hold of it before I pile it all back on again and need some support and advice.

Thank you xx

Wow hysterectomy at 38!!!! No real point asking why, cos it's done already.

My thoughts are the following:
The hysterectomy obviously put you in instant premature menopause.
Have you been prescribed any hormone supplementation such as artificial HRT?
If so did you research what was happening and make the decision with your doctor that you felt was best for you or did you just say doctor knows best, take the prescription and fill it?

A low carb diet followed to the letter will help you lose weight, but your underlying issues are constant fatigue (your body is trying to tell you something) and craving sugar/constant hunger ( your body is trying to tell you something) I think it's important you address the underlying issues first.

Welcome here and good luck.

rachiecase
Tue, Jan-21-14, 15:22
Hiya, Thank you for your reply, Ive had blood tests, I've been prescribed vitamin D, slightly dehydrated (thats probably due to my job) so Im drinking more and my white blood cells are low. So I've had another blood test and waiting for the results. Sugars were ok as with everything else. I do lead quite a busy life style. Recovering from the operation took a long time and Im on HRT, the best one from the consultant. Even though Im following low carb, Im eating certain veg and salad, but no sugar or sweeteners. Ive not slept well since the hysterectomy which apparently is all normal. I had really bad problems which lead to the big op, it was unavoidable. xx

Mrs Plaia
Tue, Jan-21-14, 16:11
Well I hope the new blood tests help shed some light on what the problem is. In the meantime happy low carbing :wave:

rachiecase
Tue, Jan-21-14, 17:17
Thank you, Im loving all the new recipes and information on here x