PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Area, LowCarb Store Tour Jun 22nd

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

IslandGirl
Sun, May-26-02, 21:28
Greetings, Victorians, near-Victorians and members from "The Islands"! This is mainly addressed to the newly-formed LowCarb Lunch Club of Greater Victoria and the Lower Vancouver Island, LCLC for short :lol: but we're happy to take on a few more members to our tiny little group!

I'm working on setting up a LowCarb Store tour, right here in the Greater Victoria area, may well be at the Lifestyles Market on Douglas Street (but I've yet to finish my scouting and set-up).

Saturday June 15th or possibly June 22nd is up for discussion, and we're working on collecting your votes for one of these two days.

Soooooooooooooo, if you're interested, place your vote and send a note letting us know who you are!

dizzyd
Wed, May-29-02, 11:51
Hey girlfriends! :wave:

I have voted for both days, because I can always work my oh-so-busy social life around whatever the majority votes.

Let see some more replies people!!! Where are the LCLC ladies?????

:q:

jamnut
Thu, May-30-02, 21:20
I'm busy on the 15th but 22 works well for me. Hope to see Lifestyles & a "regular" store (maybe one June & one July??)

IslandGirl
Fri, May-31-02, 15:45
If things go well, maybe we can do this as a regular thing...

Let's get through June, eh? :lol:

Esther T
Sat, Jun-08-02, 21:09
Either day is good for me. I voted for both days as well. I'm looking forward to it!
Esther

IslandGirl
Fri, Jun-14-02, 14:54
Ok, group(ies) :D

It's going to be Saturday June 22nd, at 4pm, at Lifestyles Market on Douglas Street in Victoria, BC , barring disaster, technical difficulties or acts of deities unnamed :devil:

Specifics about where and when to meet will be posted no later than Thursday June 20th, here and by email to all those who indicated an interest!

Esther T
Fri, Jun-14-02, 17:30
thank you so much for setting this up! I can imagine small mountains had to be moved!
I'll do my very best to be there!
Esther

jamnut
Fri, Jun-14-02, 17:56
Looking forward to it!!

IslandGirl
Fri, Jun-21-02, 09:13
Okay, let's meet at or just after 3:45pm, at Lifestyles Market on Douglas Street in Victoria, BC, Saturday June 22nd. There's a wee coffee bar just inside and we'll wait there for THESE fine people:

CSDrake
EstherT
JamNut - and me of course !
DizzyD
SuzQ

We start at 4 pm , see you there! This should be very interesting, indeed.

I hope we don't create TOO much of a ruckus running down the aisles!

Esther T
Fri, Jun-21-02, 15:00
I'll be there!
Esther

lilwannabe
Fri, Jun-21-02, 22:08
Can I come too?? Where on Douglas??

jamnut
Fri, Jun-21-02, 22:18
I'm sure Judi would say it's o.k. - the more the merrier! It will be great to meet you! Lifestyle Markets is at 2950 Douglas St. - across from Canadian Tire - just south of Mayfair Mall.

See you there!

Kara
Sat, Jun-22-02, 20:01
:confused:

is there going to be another one soon?
is there a club I can join?
I am interested in local support / buddyship.
check out my profile, i just signed on today.
:)
K in James Bay

jamnut
Sat, Jun-22-02, 22:06
Kara:

Sorry you missed the tour! It was really interesting and I learned alot (thanks Judi!!). It was great to meet you, Esther & Anita!

We try to get together monthly - I think we are going to do an evening picnic get-together in July - what nobody else knows about this??? Well, Donna, Shelley & I were talking about it in Lifestyles parking lot & we thought it was a good idea.

Check out our thread at Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Support Groups > Canada > Hello from another Victorian. We haven't been very talkative lately but I promise to post every few days from now on!

Jamnut (aka Janet) :wave:

dizzyd
Sat, Jun-22-02, 23:47
I'm sorry you missed it too! Bummer... but like Janet said, we have been getting together about once a month or so, and the more the merrier!

I definately think that an evening picnic is in order. What a nice summer thing! So come along to that!

Thanks Judi for an amazing tour! I couldn't believe it was two hours, it didn't feel like it. It was awesome, and I appreciate all the hard work you put into it. I may be trying the slaw recipie tomorrow, so I'll let you know how that goes!

It was great to see everyone again! Lets keep in touch!

:bhug:

Esther T
Sun, Jun-23-02, 00:15
Welcome Kara
Too bad you missed the tour. It was terrific!
Thank you Judi! I learned a lot! I appreciate the time you took to prepare as well. (looking forward to the catsup recipe)
I am so glad I got to meet you all and I'm looking forward to the next get together!
Esther

lilwannabe
Sun, Jun-23-02, 10:06
Next time Kara :D

Thank you very much Judy. I think the tour was great too! Very informative. I learned a lot. Wish I could have stayed until the end. It sure didn't seem like it took that long. It was so nice to meet you all. You all seem so upbeat. It helps with motivating me. I am definately looking forward to the picinic.

jamnut
Sun, Jun-23-02, 10:44
Kara: once you have posted 25 times, you are able to use the "pm" (personal message) feature. When you hit that mark, could you please pm me your e-mail addy. I'll send it out to the others - we have made our own little e-mail group so we can send info to the others as a group - some post here & some don't so this way everybody is "in the loop". Janet

Kara
Sun, Jun-23-02, 11:15
I am definately up for an evening picnic...not avail JULY AUG pm's for MON-TUES-THU, all other pm's ok for me... LMK, OK? I am a pretty darn good cook, and I have all these new recipes (lo-carb, natch) to try--- I married a very good professional cook too, feel sorry for me, ok? -Ha ha *wink* Anyhoo, thank you for the local support, it's been less than 24 hrs on this site, and I fell a bit better already.

The hardest part for me so far has been trying to eat 3x/day. I didnt realize how, since I'm not at an elementary school right now (was on practicum for the past year & half), how my eating habits have gone downhill. I rarely remember to eat, and thankfully I have to eat with Metformin, so now that I am at 2 tabs a day, I at leats get 2 complete meals. I am working very hard to get myself used to a 3rd meal, and it has only been 2 weeks since diagnosis, and it is hard. The low carb thing is hard. I have to look up carrots, my fave veg snack, and check out the #'s. With my luck, they're full o'carbs, right?

I have to go enjoy this beautiful day now!
SMILE! :wave: Kara