PDA

View Full Version : Lynn is turning in to a Butterfly.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

l_knierim
Sun, May-26-02, 21:03
Well today is the first day of my workout log. I did great today I got in my UBWO. It may not of happened untill late but it did happen. I feel great, I will let you know how sore Iam in the morning. I listed my WO in my journal. I will start putting it here on MOn. Till then, Lynn :wave:

l_knierim
Mon, May-27-02, 15:41
I got to sleep in today. I got up around 9:30 or so and did my LBWO, on an empty tummy. Here is what I did, 30 reps w/weights unless othrewise noted.

30 inner thigh squats
30 reg squats
30 calf raise
30 crunches n/w
30 crossover crunches n/w
30 reverse chrunch n/w
40 jummpin jacks

I also mowed the back yard and Baged the grass. I did not feel sore untill I had to push the mower. My arms a little sore from Sun. UBWO. I think I will add lunges back in to my LBWO, but they really hurt my knees Iam not comfortable with them yet. I will do some research and see how to do them the correct way.

Well off to cook dinner. Till later. Lynn

l_knierim
Tue, May-28-02, 07:27
I got up at 5:40 am and did 1/2 hr of cardio. I did my Tae-Bo tape.Then I did my UBWO. here is what I did all where 30 reps w/ 3lb weights unless other wise noted.

Incline press
pec squeeze
incline fly
side lat
front raise
bent lat
sim. curl
ham. curl
con. curl
10 one arm ext.

I still need to do my kickbacks and cross face ext and then the bent-over row and upright row. I could not do these with the right form, my arm where jello. I think I will be adding 5 pushups soon.
Till later, Lynn

l_knierim
Tue, May-28-02, 15:22
Instead of doing my tris and rows, I scrubed muddy doggie and kiddy foot prints out of my carpet. I still did not get them all, but most are gone.NOW that is a arm work out and I guess it works for chest and shoulders aswell. I did do 5 reg, pushups and 5 pushups with my hands closer together( narrow pushups)
well That is all for today. Off to do the laundry. Till later Lynn :o

adnil53
Tue, May-28-02, 22:08
I know I couldn't do those, not yet anyway. I will though, given time. You are just doing so awesome...Keep it up! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

l_knierim
Wed, May-29-02, 06:33
Well I got up at 5;45am and did 30 mins Tb and 30 mins LBWO. Here is what I did, 30 reps and 3lb weights unless noted.

10 modified lunge
30 inner thigh squats
30 reg squats
30 calf raise
30 crunches

cardio was hard today, I think Iam tired got to bed late. It will be better on Thurs. till later Lynn

l_knierim
Thu, May-30-02, 07:22
I did not do a WO today i do not feel good> i went to bed with a headache and woke up with an even worse one. Well off to find some food. Till later Lynn

judy130
Thu, May-30-02, 07:41
Hi Lynn
Hope you are feeling better. What are inner thigh squats? They sound good!!
Judy

l_knierim
Thu, May-30-02, 08:24
Thank you for posting. I am starting to feel better, oh knows I may be able to get a Wo out in yet.

Inner thigh squats,i think they are also called pile squats too. Here is how you do them.Take the squat postion but point your toes out more, then you go down and then up as a normal squat. The fact that you have your toes pointed out it will work your inner thigh more. I love them, not sure if they are working yet, I have only been doing the WO for about 1 week. Post as often as you like. Well Im off for now.
Lynn :wave:

AngelaR
Fri, May-31-02, 17:32
Hi Lynn,

Sounds like you are doing great! And yup, those inner thigh squats sure sound like the plie squats that are on my Weightlifting for Dummies video. They aren't as hard on the knees as lunges.

I can relate to the workout required to get kitty stuff out of the carpet. Now there's a way to work up a sweat. That and scrubbing a floor by hand!

This exercise stuff feels great doesn't it?!!!! :p

l_knierim
Mon, Jun-03-02, 17:45
Well today was the first day of my new Wo schedule, and it was Back/chest day. Iam shaking just trying to type this out.Here is what I did

BACK
Bent over row 40~5lbs
upright Row 40~5 lbs
Shrugs 40~ 5lbs

CHEST
Incline press 20~ 5lbs , 10~3lbs
Pec squeeze 20~5lbs, 10 ~ 3lbs
incline flye 20~5lbs, 10~ 3 lbs
pushups 10 ( the girlie ones)

Wow Iam tired and shakey but it feels great. Till later Lynn

adnil53
Wed, Jun-19-02, 11:18
Hey girl, haven't seen you here as of late... just checking on you.
MOM :D

l_knierim
Wed, Jun-19-02, 17:54
Well today I did do a little cardio. My daughter and I went for two bike rides today. The first was to the park about 6 blocks each way then we went on a long ride I would guess 20 blocks or so. So at least I got out there. well off to do some ABS. Till later Lynn

l_knierim
Mon, Aug-12-02, 16:29
I will start my Wo again on Tues 8/13/02 not sure if Iam going to do Body Rx or just stick with the firm, but I will be doing something in the morn. Till then Lynn

adnil53
Mon, Aug-12-02, 18:39
So glad to see you here again! Good job! Sart and don't stop! teehee... take care, love you, MOM

l_knierim
Mon, Aug-19-02, 22:45
Well everyone I did it. I made it back, I knwo I have been gone for sometime. I started Body Rx cycle 1 So how would today and I think I will like it.
I know I need to up my weight I started w/ 3lbs and I had not problems doing 4 sets 6 reps each. Well here is what I did all w/ 3 lbs weight

4X6 chest press
4X6 incline press
4X6 flyes
4X6 dumbell curles
4X6 preacher curles
I think I did them a little wrong. It says to do a 3 min rest between sets, so that would mean I do 6 reps of the chest press then 6 reps of the incline press then take my 3 min right? Well if that is the case then I did not do it I did not do a rest. So how important is the rest time?So how would this work out then to get 3-4 woking sets I need to do the 5 diffrent excersise twice? Iam so lost I think I will reread that chapter again. Oh yeah my calves are burning so much. The kids and I went and walked up and dowm 200 steps on Sunday, WOW is all I have to say.I think I will walk up that again it will be great for my legs, and they need all the help they can get, LOL Well off to bed if I can sleep I did my Wo to late but it is done. Till later Lynn

Natrushka
Tue, Aug-20-02, 07:56
Lynn, with Body Rx you do your first set of chest presses (6 reps at whatever weight) and then you rest for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes you do your next set of 6 reps and wait another 3 minutes. Etc, Etc, You end up doing 5 exercises (the ones you listed) for 4 sets of 6 reps, with 3 minutes of rest inbetween every set

This is the strength building set - you lift few reps and you lift as heavy as you can. By resting for 3 minutes in between sets you let your muscles recover to lift heavy again. That last rep of that last set for every exercise should be next to impossible to complete - if it is not, you need to increase the weight.

Nat

adnil53
Fri, Aug-23-02, 14:26
SOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOL Lynn! I don't know how your program works... but I'm sure you are going to do fine! Keep up the good work! Bet you pass me up soon! :D

Love ya girl... MOM

P.S. I think I get it! You do 6 reps then rest for 3 minutes, do 6 more then rest 3 minutes, [each time you do 6 reps that is one set] continuing until you have done 4 sets each of the 5 exercises, making a total of 24 reps for each exercise?

l_knierim
Fri, Aug-23-02, 21:30
I did my day 2 WO tonight and it was great. It was back and triceps day. Here is what I did

Bent over Row
2 set 6 reps each w/ 4.5 lb
1 set 6 reps w/6.5lbs
1set 6 reps w/ 9.5 lbs(I did not reach failure)

Shrugs
4 set 6 reps w/9.5 lbs (did not reach failure)

tri kick backs
4 set 6 reps w/9.5lbs( left failure on 5 of last rep, no failure on right)

2 arm extension
4 sets 6 reps w/9.5 lbs(failure on last rep of last set)

I need to up my weight again but I do not have any more dumb bells.
I loved doing the extensions those felt so good. I am still a bit shakey. I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I did do the 3 min rest between sets that is a long 3 mins. I bet once I get the weight to where it needs to be it will not feel so long. Well off to the tub. Till later Lynn

adnil53
Fri, Aug-23-02, 23:55
Looking good girl! That was some w/o... keep it up! :D

l_knierim
Tue, Aug-27-02, 10:12
Well hello everyone. Sorry I have been away we lost our internet so I just got rehooked up today. My Hubby was laughing he was saying are you haveing with drawls. YES I WAS>LOL. BUt iam back.
While I was gone I did my day 3 adn 4 of Body RX and my legs are still so so so so so sore.I di my Wo on Suna nd I did them back to back with no rest, I was short on time. They where tough but I made it through.Here is what I did.

day 3 legs
lunges 3 sets ~6reps w/ 6.5lbs
squats 3 sets ~6reps w/ body weight
pile squats 3 sets ~ 6reps w/ BW
calf raises 3 sets ~6 reps w/ BW

Day 4 Shoulder and abs
shoulder press 3 sets ~ 6reps w,6.5 lbs
upright rows 3 sets ~ 6 reps w/ 6.5 lbs
side raise 3 sets ~6 reps w/6.5 lbs
reg crunch 3 sets ~6Reps w/ BW
reverse crunch 3 set ~ 6 reps w/ Bw

Iam still sore in the legs. I will do day 1and 2 tonight. till later Lynn

adnil53
Tue, Aug-27-02, 10:19
WAY TO GO LYNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up! I am proud of you... MOM

l_knierim
Tue, Aug-27-02, 10:27
Thanks mom Iam PROUD OF ME TOOO. I did it I really did it even though I did not want too, I did anyway. Love you too. Lynn

l_knierim
Tue, Aug-27-02, 20:34
Well it is 10:30pm here and I just got done doing my chest& bi's (day 1)and back &Tri's(day 2) and Iam so shakey right now. I think ,my whole body will hurt in the morn. My legs are still sore and now my arms will be too. I LOVE IT!!!!
Here is what I did All are 3 set ~6 reps w/ 6.5lbs

day 1 chest and bi's
chest press
incline press
flys
db curl
preacher curl

day 2 back and Tri's
kick backs
bent over row
shrugs
one arm extention

I reached failure on the last rep of the last set. I will waite till later in the week to do my legs since they are still so so sore. Till later Lynn

l_knierim
Sat, Aug-31-02, 19:40
Well I did my day 3 and 4 tonight, LEGS and Shoulders and abs.
My legs where burning the whole time, WOW. my arms where not as bad but still could feel them working. And my abs I got through the reg crunch(barely) but on the reverse crunch I made it to set 3 rep 3 and that was all I could do. Here is what I did.

all legs where done with Body Weight and 3 sets at 6 reps each

lunges
reg squats
pile squats
side raises
calf rasies

my shoulders where done with 6.5lb at 3sets and 6 reps each

shoulder press
upright row
side raises

abs where done with body weight all 3 sets
crunch(finsihed all3set at 6 reps each)
rev. crunch ( failure on last set rep 3)

I feel so pumped time for a bath and then some TV.
Till later Lynn( I hope I can walk in the morn.,LOL)

adnil53
Sun, Sep-01-02, 12:24
Oh Lynn, you are just doing so well! And I am soooooooooo proud of you, for more than just the exercises... Your sticking to this WOEing, getting your health in order the best you can. Taking good care of those beautiful grandkids of mine...

The crunches are hard huh... When I first started doing them, I could feel I was doing something, but you know if someone was watching they would of thought I was just grunting and groaning while I just laid on the floor because it didn't LOOK like I was doing anything much at all! Now my shoulders come way up off the floor as I do them... so keep at it and it will get better! I'm looking forward to the day that all the world can see what I see. It will happen too, for me AND for you!

You take care Lynnie... I love you so much! :bhug: MOM

l_knierim
Fri, Nov-08-02, 21:12
Today I was trying to get used to how my total gym worked, and I can feel it in my abs. I was only on there for about 5mins. It is soooooo fun. Well I hope to be posting alot more soon. I have been feeling yucky since i have went back to high carb food. Well off to bed, my sister will be her at about 3pm on sat. I can not wait. Well good night all. Till later Lynn

adnil53
Sat, Nov-09-02, 20:35
GREAT! to see you posting again Lynn... And I do hope you write more in here... really is a good motivator! Love ya girl... MOM :bhug:

l_knierim
Thu, Nov-14-02, 20:37
I did 40 squats
15 each leg hamstring pull
upright rows
bi curls

I think that may of been it, i was getting used to my total gym, it is sooooooooooooooooooo fun to use. I will be glade we I get all the stuff down about it. Well off to bed. Till later Lynn

adnil53
Tue, Nov-19-02, 23:20
Lynn... you can do it! Hey remember that Hottie thing... and then of course there is your sister moving your way in 7 months! :cry: ;) Anyway... you'll do great! I just know you will! Love ya girl... MOM

l_knierim
Sat, Nov-23-02, 21:18
I wanted to do BodyRX, but do not have the stuff. I do have a total gym. I think I can use the reps and rest time and the weight from the Body RX plan to use the TG.
Here is how I have it planed out. I will be doing cycle1, weekd 1-6 3working sets,4-6 resp each, 3 min. rest.

Day1 chest and Biceps
Seated Bench press
Butterflys, low and high
Seated curls
Laying curls
Preacher curls

Day 2 Back and Triceps
Kneeling kickbacks
Tricep extension
Shrugs
Seated high Pull

Day 3 Legs (done with only body weight for 6 wks)
Lungs
Squats(reg)
pile squats
Calf raises
kick ups

Day 4 Shoulder and Abs
Behind the head press
Front press
seated high pull
iron cross
Crunch
reverse crunch

I will do this work out for the next 6 weeks then move on to cycle 2 for 6 wks and so on. I will update what the weight will be later this week. Till later, Lynn

l_knierim
Sun, Nov-24-02, 20:55
I did 2 hrs of raking leaves. I feel it in my back. I think that was a good work out for today. I will start my mod. Body Rx on Mon. Till later, Lynn

l_knierim
Mon, Nov-25-02, 12:37
WOW, that is how I feel. I still feel the raking leaves in my back even more today. I did my first BodyRx work out today. It was great, a little cold(I work out in my garage) but I made it throgh. I do not like the 3 min rest I think I may work abs or something during that time. I need to stay focused during the time down.
Here is what I did.:
all is 3 sets 6 reps and 53lbs unless noted

seated bench press( 6sets,6reps,53lbs)
low butter fly
high butter fly
seated curls
preacher curls

Iam not sure if I need to up my weight, I can barley do the last two reps, I make myself do them. I can really feel it in my abs, since on the total gym you have to use your abs to stabelize your self. BRING ON THE DOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well off to fitday. Till later Lynn.

adnil53
Mon, Nov-25-02, 17:36
I know you are doing a different w/o than myself, but for my program I do only 15 sec rest periods, maybe that is something you could think about doing... it creates a very good w/o gets your heart up there to. And then if you don't want to do that, maybe just think about cutting down on the rest period to a point that makes it a little less boring to wait... just some suggestions... You are doing WONDERFULL!!!! Proud of you girl! Love ya... MOM

P.S. Did you mean you used 53 lbs for your w/o??? :confused: or was that a typo?

l_knierim
Tue, Nov-26-02, 12:45
Iam lifting 53lbs for each rep and set.Like you use 5lbs weights Iam doing 53lbs. W

Well for cycle 1 it is a strength building cycle, I think that is why is the rest is so long.

Well I dii not do day 2 today I was way to sore from the raking and Mon. work out. But I will do day 2 on Wed.

Need to go post in my journal then back to work. Till later Lynn

l_knierim
Sat, Nov-30-02, 19:52
Day 2 BACK AND TRICEPS

Triceps extentions, 1 set w/ 53lbs 2 sets w/ 42lbs all w/ 6 reps each

kneeling tri. extention 3 sets, 6reps each, 42 lbs
long pll, 3sets, 6 reps each, 42lbs
iron cross, 3sets, 6reps each, 42lbs
shrugs, 3sets, 6reps each, 42lbs

Day 3 LEGS
lunges
squats(reg)
pile squats
All 3sets, 6 reps each, with body weight.

I reached failure on the last 2 reps of each set. I made my self do the last 2 reps. I am soooooooooooo sore already. BRING ON THE DOMS. I love this. Till later , Lynn

l_knierim
Mon, Dec-02-02, 19:29
I have not done my Wo yet Iam too sore to do anything. Even walking is hard, but I will be back at it on Tuesday. Till later, Lynn

adnil53
Mon, Dec-02-02, 19:30
Gee... keep it up! Your doing GREAT!

Natrushka
Mon, Dec-02-02, 20:03
Lynn, just to let you know I moved your post from my gym log to the Nutrition / Supplements forum and replied to the best of my ability (which wasn't much ;) )

Nat

l_knierim
Mon, Dec-09-02, 18:39
Hubby and I went to half price books and I got my Body RX hard cover for $9.98. Now I will have to read up on all the excersie stuff. Well off to do some heavy reading. Till later, Lynn

adnil53
Fri, Dec-13-02, 22:46
Hi Lynn... hows the book coming along... I was thinking about you... hope everything is fine... Love you girl!

l_knierim
Wed, Jan-08-03, 19:33
I just got done doing my WO. It feelt great. You know it is funny, I felt kinda blah before my WO now I feel GREAT!!!!!

Here is what I did.
Iam going to be do the BODYRX plan.
Today I did not do the rest time, I did not have the time.

all with 6 lbs weight and 6 reps and 4 working sets

chest press
incline press
flys
dumb bell curl
preacher curls(these really worked my bis, I squeased at the top)

I will do my day 2 On thursday night.
till later, Lynn

adnil53
Wed, Jan-08-03, 20:57
Good going Lynn! Keep it up! :thup:

l_knierim
Mon, Jan-13-03, 05:03
Today is the first day of my first 6 week challenge. Iam doing the BodyRX plan for working out.

Day 1 Chest and Bi's 6reps each set w/ 3 min rest

Bench Press 1set 23lbs 6 reps each set w/ 33 min rest
2 sets 28lbs

Incline Bench Press 3 sets 28lbs 6 reps each set w/ 3 min rest

Flys 3 sets 33lbs 6 reps w/ 3 min rest

Bi curls w/ easy bar 3 sets 23 lbs 6reps no rest

preacher curls w/ easy bar 3 sets 23lbs 6 reps no rest

Iam not sure as to the days I will work out. I do know I will do day 3 on thurs or fri. since it is leg day and I know it will be hard to get around for a few days. I also know That I need to up my weights on all but the preacher curl . The other sets where to easy for me to finsh the first 6 reps. And if I understood the book It is supposed to be really hard for me to finish the last few reps. I will work on that this first week and see what I come up with. Well off to find some food. Till later Lynn

l_knierim
Tue, Jan-14-03, 15:37
Now for BodyRX the idea is to lift the weight as heavy as you can for the 6 reps with out bad form. Is that right? I know I do 6 reps 3 sets and 3 min rest. Now do I need to lift the heavist I can? And if you do lift that heavy is that the reason for the 3 min rest? Any help would be great. Till later, Lynn

p.s I hope you can understand what I am asking.

adnil53
Tue, Jan-14-03, 17:05
Hey Lynn...
What I get is, you use the amount of weight that makes the last 6 reps impossible to do... this is what I got from the downloadable forms, beginners level (don't remember if that is what it was called...lol)

2 warmup sets
3 working sets
4-6 reps each set
You should not be able to finish 6 reps on the final set. If you do, advance weight by 10%
2-3 minutes rest between sets
For abs, since you don’t use weights, do reps of each exercise until exhaustion. Record the number of reps your achieved in your last set in the box.

Don't know if this will help or not...

I wish you success! Mom

Natrushka
Tue, Jan-14-03, 19:07
Lynn, your mom is right with her advice. If you're doing cycle 1 of BRx the goal is strength gain, and that is the reason for the 3 minutes between sets and the lower reps. You want to recover as much as possible to be able to lift heavy. When the length of time between sets is shorter and the number of reps is greater (and the weight is necessarily lighter) you're working more aerobically and it's geared more for fat burning than for strength gains.

HTH
Nat

l_knierim
Tue, Jan-14-03, 19:51
Thank you both. You have made it clearer to me. Now I just need to play with the weight to see what will work. Thanks again. Till later, Lynn

l_knierim
Thu, Jan-23-03, 19:55
Well I got off my BUTT and did my Work Out. I did not take the 3 min rest. It is about 5 degrees out and since I work out in the garage it is just toooo COLD to be out there for that long. I di work up a sweat though.Here is what I did. Iam still shakey and I was done about an hr ago.

day 1 Chest and Bi's
chest press 39 lbs 3 sets 6 reps 15 sec rest
incline chest press same se chest press
flys 35 lbs 3 sets 6 reps and 15 kin rest
barbell curl 23 lbs 3 sets 6 reps 15 min rest
preacher curls same as barbell curl

day 2 back and tri's
tri kickbacks 6.5 lbs 3 sets 6 reps 10 sec rest
double arm ext. 12 lbs 3sets 6 resps and 10 sec rest
bent over row 39 lbs 3sets 6 reps and 15 sec rest
shrugs 39 lbs and 3sets 6 reps and 15 sec rest

WOW, it was great I can tell I am going to be sooooo sore.But that is fine with me. Well off to hit the shower. Till later, Lynn

l_knierim
Fri, Jan-24-03, 19:56
LEGS

reg squats 3 sets 6 reps 39 lbs
pile squats same as reg squats
lunges same as above
calf rasies body weight 3 sets 6 reps
kick ups same as calf

i did 10 sec rest between sets and 3 min rest between each new excersise.

Iam really tired, I think I will head for a hot bath and some sleep. Till later, Lynn

l_knierim
Mon, Jan-27-03, 17:18
This was done on 1/26/03 but could not get on the fourm...

Here is what I did.
day 4 Shoulders and Abs
shoulder press 1 set 6reps 39lbs 2 sets 6 reps 23 lbs(the 39 was too heavy)

upright row, 3 sets 6 reps 23 lbs

side raises 3 sets 6 reps 6.5lbs (these are killers)

reg crunch 55 reps

rev. crunch with legs straight up, 20 reps ( I find these hard to do)

It was like 0 outside so I did only 15 sec rest between sets.
I will work on doing it by the book these next 3 weeks. Well off to get the kids and the homework done. Till later, Lynn

l_knierim
Tue, Feb-04-03, 17:48
I only got one work out in last week. Everyone has been so sick here these last few weeks. I have not been able to work out with working and taking care of sick kids. I was even off all week 2 weeks ago. I will get back at it once the kids are all better. I will start right where I left off. I think I will do the cycle 1 again after my 6 weeks is up. Only 2 weeks to go. I started week 4 this week. I know I have not made any progress, but the next cycle 1 I WILL. I will take my measurments anyway, who knows I may suprise myself. Well Iam off to put the kids to bed. Till later, lYnn

l_knierim
Wed, Feb-19-03, 19:23
Today was my first day back at the BodyRX plan. I started cycle one today aswell. Here is what i did.

chest press 55lbs 3sets 6reps each(i was really shakey on the last one of the last set)

Incline press 55lbs 1set 6 rps 1set 5reps 1 set 4 rep( wow these where hard)

flys 27lbs 3sets 6 reps

dumbell curl 23lbs 3sets 6 reps

preacher curl(love these) 23lbs 3 sets 6 reps

I only did 2 min rest and I really felt the chest burn on the flyes. I feel this was the best work out so far. I will feel the DOMS soon.

I ate 2 brats and 2oz cream cheese after.

well off for now, till Thurs, Lynn

l_knierim
Sat, Feb-22-03, 19:58
Well today was 2 workouts in one. I was short on time. I did back and triceps and did my legs during my 3 min rest.I played around with some new exercises and liked some and hated some. Here is the break down for ya.

BACk and Tri

Ez Curl seated tri extenstion 23lbs 6 reps 3 sets ( need to up , did not feel much, only in elbows :eek: )

tri kickback 13 lbs 6reps 3 sets(need to up, but do not have anymore dumbbells)

Bent over row 77lbs 6 reps 1 set (too heavy) 56lbs 6 reps 2 sets(need to up just little)

goodmorning 23lbs 6 reps 1 set (DO NOT LIKE THESE)

Straight leg dead lift 56lbs 6 reps 2 sets (need to up just little)

LEGS

Lunges
pile squats
squats
calf raises off of ledge for stretch
all at body weight and 6reps 3 sets each,(I will add weight next week)

This was a very hard work out, I feel tired but awake all at the same time.

I will not talk about my food for the last 2days not good, but I did get my work outs in and iwll do one more on Sunday.

Well till sun, Lynn

l_knierim
Sat, Feb-22-03, 20:04
Here are my mesurments for the first cycle. I will take them again at the end.

Weight 208lbs

Belly Button 37"
mommy pouch 48"
pubic bone 46.5"
full hips 48"
under bust 37"
Underarms 38"
R.Thigh 30"
L.Thigh 29"
L. Arm 15"
R.Arm 15"

total 343.5

Well I will update in 6 weeks. I hope to see some improvements by then. I do love this work out program.

lpioch
Sun, Feb-23-03, 13:05
Hey Lynn!

Good to see you're back in the swing of things! ( by the way...my middle name is Lynn :-) )

You asked:
"SO which exercises do you like best?"

I'm so LOVING the weight training. But there are definitely some more favorites than others.
Any presses (machines) I'm liking.
Love the lat pulldowns too.
Hating the rowing (but part of it is I need some protection on my hands...need to look into those glove things).

Legs are so so.
I think I'm going to trade the 2nd and 3rd leg exercises for squat machine.
I'll do the squat machine first, then the leg press. At least for cycle 1 trying to build. Then maybe for toning, I'll go back to the book. Trying to hit more general / greater target areas...don't need to do as many isolated exercises. We'll see.

I have always loved weight lifting. Just never had much time/$$ to do it. But the 6am thing IS working, so hopefully I can keep that up.

Gotta enter in my Day 4 from yesterday. HOpe you're having a great weekend!
(We're all rain...and snow-flooding...here in New England!)
-- Loretta

l_knierim
Sun, Feb-23-03, 19:48
shoulders and abs

shoulder press 44lbs 6 reps 3 sets
full barbell front row 23 lbs 6reps 2sets 4reps 1set
side raises 9.5 lbs 6reps 2sets 4reps 1set

crunch 50,50,50
rev. crunch 12,8,10 (ouchies)

I did not want to do my work out tonight, but now that I have I am glade.

Loretta and Mom, thanks for stopping by. I love visitors. Well off to finish the house work(does it never end) Lynn

adnil53
Sun, Feb-23-03, 20:15
;) you are welcome Lynn. Well off to finish the house work(does it never end) NOPE!!! LOL

l_knierim
Mon, Feb-24-03, 12:25
today was chest and bi's. Love this day.
here is what I did

Bench Press 67lbs 6reps 3 sets, only 4 reps on last set

incline press 56 lbs 6reps 3 sets, did all reps need to up

flys 30lbs 6reps 3sets, did all reps need to up again

ez curl barbell curls 28lbs 6reps 3 sets, i really need to up this one did not feel like I was working hard enough at all

ez curl preacher curl 28lbs 6reps 3sets, need to up this one too.

I need to up all my weight again next week. I did up them this week aswell.

Well today was a good work out, But I felt as if I could have worked my bi's harder so I will next time out. Will off to eat my can tuna with mayo and protein powder and water. Till later, lynn

adnil53
Mon, Feb-24-03, 12:46
It looks like you are really getting the hang of the program. Good for you! :) I’m really proud of you sticking to this! Go Lynn GO!!!

lpioch
Mon, Feb-24-03, 19:42
Ugh! Those reverse crunches kill me too. I couldn't believe how few reps I could do - or thought I should be able to do? yikes they are burners!

I did chest and bis today as well.
I'm thinking of taking a 1day break between DAY 1 and DAY 2 since they are both upper body.

So I'll be heading to the gym Wednesday morning.
Later!
-- Loretta

l_knierim
Wed, Feb-26-03, 19:08
Well I did my back and tri's today. I did not do the 3 min rest only 15 sec. Today was first full day of TOM and did not feel like working out at all but knew it needed to be done. SO I did it. Here is what I did.

Seated tri Press 28lbs 6reps 2sets 5reps 1sets

2 Arm dumbbell extention 19lbs 6reps 2sets 5reps 1set

Bent over rows 72lbs 6reps 1set 5reps 2sets

deadlifts 72lbs 6reps 2sets 5reps 1set

I do feel, better now That the work out is done. Well day 3 on thur. LEGS Love them.

Till later Lynn

l_knierim
Thu, Feb-27-03, 19:07
Today was LEGS day. I love working the legs. Here is what I did.

Squats 56lbs 6reps 3sets 15 sec rest

Leg Ext. 50lbs 6 reps 3sets 3min rest, need to up

Leg Curl 50lbs 6 reps 3sets 3 mins rest, need to up

standing calf raise, 6reps 3sets, body weight , 15 sec rest to feel burn(it worked)

sitting calf raise, 50lbs 6 reps 3sets, need to up.

My legs are shakey, the calfs are hard to go to failure. Will have to try other things to do that. Well Firday is the end of week 2. Till later, Lynn

adnil53
Fri, Feb-28-03, 19:12
Ok, end of week two, so will you take a break and start on week three or just go to it right away?

It is funny, you said you love to work your legs... I HATE working my lower body! I really enjoy working my abs and upper body.

Your doing great Lynn... Love ya

l_knierim
Fri, Feb-28-03, 20:13
Well no day 4 workout tonight. I have the worst headache that I have had in a long time. So I will do it Sat night.

I will go straight into week 3. I can belive that I have made it to week 3 with out missing any work outs. I think Iam hooked. Till later, Lynn

lpioch
Sat, Mar-01-03, 18:01
Hey Lynn,

You wrote:
Your work outs are looking strong. Iam glade that there is someone else in the same week as me. Iam not lifting as heavy as you, I do mine with free weights so I think it is harder to get to the heavier weight. I will get there.
I'm glad there's someone else with me too...before starting I was a little bummed that there were more BFLers than BRXers. But having you along side me helps!

And I cannot imagine doing it with free weights! I feel so not confident with the free weights. At the gym, I (almost) always choose the machine-equivalent because I feel like I don't have to worry about form quite as intensely.

I'm sure you're doing great too! I'm here just for a couple seconds to record my DAY 4 that I finished yesterday morning.

And I agree with Mom...stay away from the scales! :-)
From the research I've seen, it may not be until CYCLE 3 that the scale moves in the direction you want it to go! That's over 12 weeks away!

-- Loretta

l_knierim
Sun, Mar-02-03, 19:44
I finished week 2 today. I am so glad that I made it(I knew I would). Well here is what I did.

Shoulder and Abs

Shoulder press 50lbs 6reps 2 sets 5 reps 1set

Upright Row 50lbs 6reps 2 sets 5reps 1set

full bb front row, 32 lbs 1reps 28lbs 3reps could not do these, will look for alt.

crunches 55,55,55

rev. crunches 25,15,12

I am so relived, this is the most consistant amount of time I have ever worked out.

Lpioch----12 weeks till the scale showes anythingWOW. That will be hard to deal with. I can do it.

Well off to the tub. Till Mon. Lynn

adnil53
Sun, Mar-02-03, 20:08
I am so relived, this is the most consistant amount of time I have ever worked out. Your doing GREAT! As Tony the tiger would say ;)

lpioch
Mon, Mar-03-03, 08:42
Hey Lynn!

Went to the gym this morning for Day 1 of week 3.
I can't believe I actually made it consistantly thus far.
I think it's the 6am thing that has me surprised more than anything else (sorry for misspells...the sun is right on my screen, so I'm not really seeing what I'm typing).

Anyway, I feel great.
Don't think much has moved in the way of scale or measure yet, but I do really feel stronger than ever. And I'm more awake than usual. :-)
But I agree 12 to 18 weeks to wait for change is really tough, but I figure...WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
At least we'll be looking pretty slick come summertime. :-)

Hope your getting into Week 3 well.
Talk to you soon!
-0- Loretta

lpioch
Mon, Mar-03-03, 13:58
You wrote:
I love the preacher curl. Can you do just 35 instead of 40. I know on my free weights I have 2.5lbs weights so I can go up 5lbs at a time if I need to.

Ugh... Really don't care for them. What I've been doing is using pre-made weights on a rack. They have then in 10 pound increments. But today I noticed how to put individual pounds on another bar set, so I think I'll try that next time. Have to. 30 is too light and 40 is too much.

From today's workout, I really like the Chest PRess and the Incline Press. I really admire that you can do these with free weights! I think I'm too chicken!
:-)

-- Loretta

l_knierim
Mon, Mar-03-03, 15:54
Nice to "see" you. I like the avatar. Talk with ya after my work out. Lynn

l_knierim
Mon, Mar-03-03, 20:18
Yes Iam on week 3. Iam so so so glade to be here. Here is what I did.

Chest and Bi's

chest press 72lbs 6reps 3sets
incline press 61lbs 6reps 3sets
flys 38.5 6 reps 1set 33 6reps 2sets(had to move it down to heavy)

BB Curls 33lbs 6reps 1set 38lbs 6reps 2sets(had to up to light)
Preacher curls 33lbs 6reps 2sets 5reps 1set, could not do all of them

Well Iam feeling stronger everyday. I also am feeling more confident with my work outs. I think my form is good. Well off to eat more food. Right after my work out I ate 1 can tuna with mayo and a protein shake. got in lots of protein. Well till later, Lynn

adnil53
Tue, Mar-04-03, 14:37
Cool Lynnie! Keep it up!

l_knierim
Tue, Mar-04-03, 20:22
Wednesday will be my day 2 of cycle 1 week 3. I had to find some new tri exercises to do. I did and I printed them out.

Well that is all for now..Lynn

l_knierim
Wed, Mar-05-03, 20:03
Back and Tri's

close grip incline bench press started at 45 for 6 reps 1set....had to up it to 56 for 6 reps 2 sets....will up again

bb tri extention 34lbs 6 reps 3 sets.. I think I will leave here for one more week, really really felt them.

bent over row 78lbs 6reps 3 sets...will leave same?

deadlifts 78lbs 6reps 3 sets...will leave same?

not sure if I will up the back or not they where hard, but I did get all 6 reps done.

I did do 4 bench dips, I will add these next week. Well that is all for now. Till later, Lynn

adnil53
Wed, Mar-05-03, 20:41
Lynn I looked at those exercies you asked me to, 'The Matthews Method' They look HARD! But I can see were you think they look a bit like Pilates... I agree. You going to try them?

l_knierim
Thu, Mar-06-03, 20:07
Legs

Squats 66lbs 6reps 3sets 15 sec rest
leg ext. 77lbs 6reps 3sets 3 min rest
leg curl 77lbs 6reps 3sets 3 min rest
calf raise 6reps 3sets 15 sec rest
seated calf raise 77lbs 6reps 3sets 15sec rest

It was a great work out. I know I will feel it in the morn. Well off to the shower. Later, Lynn

l_knierim
Sun, Mar-09-03, 20:13
Well week 3 comes to a end. I love it. Here is what I did.

Shoulder and abs

shoulder press 56lbs 6reps 3sets
upright row 56lb 6reps 3sets
side raise 9.5lbs 6reps 3sets

rev. crunch 12,10,10
crunch 10,12,10, squeezed butt togther and they where harder to do.
I will start the mathews method on Mon.

Well Ready for week4. Till later, Lynn

l_knierim
Tue, Mar-11-03, 19:16
Well the work outs are going good. I think I will look into this leptin thing. I went on a carb weekend, with out any real reason to do so. Maybe leptin levels low??????????? HUMMMMm......

well her is what I did. I mixed things up just a little, got to keep the ol' bod guessing.

Chest press 78lbs 65 reps 3sets(this was hard, will leave same for next week need to work on form at that weight)

incline press 67lbs 6reps 3 sets (will up a little)

flat flys 35.5 6 reps 1set then changes to incline flys 35.5 lbs 6reps 2sets( I like these alot)

bb curls 45lbs 6reps 3sets

preacher curl 33lbs 6reps,4reps,0reps these where really really hard this time out, but felt good.

Well Iam looking into doing the mathews method for abs.Well off to the shower. Till later lynn

l_knierim
Thu, Mar-13-03, 19:19
Well today was a good day work out and food wise. Here is what I did.

Back and Tri's

Close grip bench press 61lbs 6reps 3sets....need to up again

bb tri extention 34lbs 6reps 3 sets... need to up???????

bench dip body weight 6reps 3sets, felt this in my legs aswell, think I will look to make sure Iam doing the right form

bb upright row 83lbs 3sets 5,4,3 reps hard will leave weight same next week

deadlifts 83lbs 6reps 3sets...

I ate hamburger with blue cheese dressing and 2 cups green beans and 1 atkins blueberry muffin right after work out.

Well off to shower then vegg time in front of tv. CSI is on tonight. Lynn

l_knierim
Sat, Mar-15-03, 18:36
Did not have time to set up weights so did legs with body weight. I feel like I got a better work out on legs today. Here is what I did.

each was 6reps 3sets 15sec rest(since I was not using weights)

squats
lunges
standing calf raise

Well off to start a fire in the outdoor fire place. it is really nice here today.

I( also did a lot of walking today so that should count too.
Well till Sunday when I finish week 4. Lynn

l_knierim
Sun, Mar-16-03, 18:49
Well today ends week 4. WOW I have been working out regularly for 4 weeks, That feels soooo good. Today was shoulders and abs. I did not do my normal work out. Today was about 65 degrees or so, so we where out side doing yard work from 10am till 5pm. I raked and baged 13 bags of wet, nasty leaves. and cleaned the yard and so on. iam useing today has my work out Iam sore from head to toe, I feel every inch of my body was worked.

Well for week 5, i can not wait. Till later,Lynn

l_knierim
Tue, Mar-18-03, 20:11
Well today was the start of my week 5. Today was chest and bi's.

here is what I did.

chest press 78lbs 6reps 3sets(better form)

incline press 72lbs 2sets 3reps,2reps ( i could not even do these at this weight, I need to lower it)

incline flys 38lbs 4reps 33lbs 6reps 2sets(had to lower)

standing bb curls 50lbs 6reps 3sets

preacher curls 28lbs 6reps 2sets 5reps last set ( i had to lower these from last week, i was not exstending my arm down enough)

I started the Matthews method abs

scarletto'hara 2reps 20sec hold
spasitc butterfly 2reps
I really need to work on these, I do not think I did them right. I could not seem to hold in my abs to do the movement. I kept letting it out. I will start slow with these.

well Iam off of here.LYnn

l_knierim
Thu, Mar-20-03, 19:22
Well I printed out all my exercises the other day to make a book. I found out that I was doing some of them wrong :eek: :rolleyes: .So I have fixed them as of today. Today was Back and Tri's. It was a great work out. I have changed a few things around. Here is what I did.

Incline close grip press 66lbs 3sets 5,5,4. Will leave the same next week

bb tri ext. 33lbs 3sets 6reps each

Bench dips 3sets 6reps each body weight

Bent over row 89lbs 3sets 6,6,3 will leave the same(WOW)

Deadlifts 89lbs 3sets 6,6,5 will leave the same.

I ate 2 cans of Tuna w/mayo and 1 cup green beans

Well off to post in Fitday. Lynn

adnil53
Sat, Mar-22-03, 00:48
I'm soooo very proud of you Lynn... I have I told you that? Your doing wonderful... keep it up girl! :thup: :bhug:

l_knierim
Sat, Mar-22-03, 18:33
Well today was legs. I have dedided that I like doing the lunges and squats. I will do that for the last 2 weeks of this cycle then I will put the leg extentions and leg curls back in. Here is what I did

lunges
pile squats
standing calf raises

each was 6reps 3sets with body weight.

Mom, thanks for the nice words. Love ya Lynn

adnil53
Sat, Mar-22-03, 18:38
Oh, that is sooo cool... I just hate lunges! LOL

l_knierim
Tue, Mar-25-03, 19:40
I forgot to post my day 4 that I did on Mon the 24th. I did shoulders and abs

Shoulder press 61lbs 3sets 5,5,4, leave the same

upright row 56lbs 3sets 5,5,6 leave same

side raises 9.5lbs 3sets 6reps

scarlet o'hara 1 20sec hold

spastic butterfly 1 35sec
Iam feeling better about doing them. Well I will do my day 1 ofweek6onWed. My daugther was in a musical at school tonight. Well till Wed. Lynn

l_knierim
Wed, Mar-26-03, 18:25
Well today was day 1 of week 6. Iam almost done with my first cycle. Today was chest and bi's. HEre is what I did.

chest press 78lbs 6,5,4
incline press 72lbs 4, 67lbs 4,4
incline fly 33lbs 6,2,4
bb curl 56lbs 5,5,4
preacher curl 23lbs 6,6,3

It was a short work out. I only took 30 sec rest between sets.Well that is all for today.

l_knierim
Wed, Mar-26-03, 18:32
Well first off Iam going to add cardio. Iam looking into HIIT. I think that will be good to add with all the weight training.

Iam giving up soda all together
Iam giving up sweetners
Iam giving up even my LC bread.
I will drink 6 liters of water a day.
Get 60 grams of fiber a day
200 protein a day.

Now for my work out

I will change the order in which I do them. SO that way my body has the shock factor. I will also do my Matthews Method abs every other day.IN cycle 1 I think I tried to raise my weight to fast. So cycle 2 I will concentrate on Form more then I did in C1. Iam looking forward to cycle 2. I will take my weight and measurments on day 1. then again 3weeks into then the last week. Iam hopeing to see some real change in this Cycle. Well off to eat. Lynn

adnil53
Wed, Mar-26-03, 19:25
Lynn, I am so looking forward to following you in this! I wish you success!

l_knierim
Sat, Mar-29-03, 20:00
WOW I was tired, but did it. It was hard, I felt really really tired, but i did get through it.

Here is what I did.

Tri and Back

close grip bench press 67lbs 6,6,5
bb tri ext. 33lbs 6,6,6

Bent over row 89lbs 4,4,1
Deadlifts 89lbs,4,4,4

LEGS
Lunges body weight 6,6,6
squats all body weight 6,6,6

I will do abs and shoulders on sun. Lynn

l_knierim
Sun, Mar-30-03, 12:11
2/16/03................................................3/30/03
weight 208lbs.....................................216lbs
BF% 44................................................44%
Body fat 92lbs.....................................95lbs
LBM 116lbs.........................................121lbs

Belly Button...37"----------------------------37"
3" below BB...48"----------------------------44.5"
hip bone.....46.5"---------------------------45.5"
Full hips.....48"-------------------------------48.25"
under breast..37"----------------------------36"
under arms....38'-------------------------------36.5"
r.thigh............30"---------------------------------30.5"
l.thigh.............29"----------------------------------29"
t.arm ..............15"-----------------------------------14.75"
l.arm................15"-----------------------------------14.25

so that shows a loss of 7.25 inches for 6 weeks, not sure about if I like that but I will have to take it. Well off for now.
Hey can I really gain 3lbs fat and 5lbs LBM all at the same time???

Till later, lynn

'

l_knierim
Tue, Apr-01-03, 16:03
I will be doing Matthews Method (http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/meriam/) for my abs. For the cardio I will be doing the Crunch Fat Blaster Plus tape. It uses power bursts with lower intesity. I will use that till I get HIIT planed out better.

Today is my last day of soda, so be prepared for me to Whine about my withdrawl headache for the next day or so.
Well off to feed the kids. Lynn

l_knierim
Tue, Apr-01-03, 18:55
ABS

The scarlet o'hara 3X 20sec, these I find hard to keep abs in.

Spasitc butterfly 3X to failure,

Basment Crunch 3X each side, did not feel like work.

superman sling, 5X, this one felt good

Dead Bug 5X each leg, very hard to keep back on floor

The Piston, 5X each leg, really hard to keep back on floor.

I find these hard to do. The ones where you need to keep your back on the floor, they are hard for me. I know over time I will get stronger. Well off to bed. I will let you know how my abs feel in the morn. Lynn

adnil53
Tue, Apr-01-03, 20:08
Wow Lynn! That is some plan you have planned! But I know you will do it! I'm challenging each of you to post a measurable goal for the month of April. Measurable meaning you can track it.... (ie. # km on my bike, # days you will work out... # of inches you wanna lose.. etc).. That was posted in the challenge... sounds like a good idea! Mine was... 'One is to stay with this exercise program and not skip ANY days and give it all I've got, two is to reduce my belly by at least one inch and three is to NOT cheat on my WOE.' I wish you success Lynn... Love ya girl, Mom

l_knierim
Mon, Apr-07-03, 18:01
Well I started my cycle 2 today. I have decided to add in cardio 3X week for the next 2 cycles.

Today I Did HIIT style cardio. walk/jog for 20 mins. Boywas I wiped out. I feel great now. I will stay with this style untill I can jog all of it them change it up some. On the days that is rains I will do my tape.

Here is how my cycle 2 is planed out:
M,W,F Cardio/abs
T,TH,Sat. weights

Sun I will be a couch potato, LOL

Well off to get the dishes done then to bed. I will see you Tues night. Lynn

DarkLotus
Mon, Apr-07-03, 18:18
Hi Lynn! I have been thinking about looking into BodyRx in the future, your results sure are impressive! Congrats on your success! :wave:

l_knierim
Mon, Apr-07-03, 18:44
Thanks for the visit. I think I have seen you over on ABC, Right? I joined but have not posted yet. I love ot read about the work outs. I really am intrested in the cut one, I think it is 12 or 13 weeks. Hummm not sure yet. Well anyway thank you for the visit. Lynn

adnil53
Mon, Apr-07-03, 21:34
Hi ya Lynn... doing great!!!!

lkonzelman
Tue, Apr-08-03, 07:03
Hiya!!! Besides the cardio we are doing very similar routines. How are you feeling???

l_knierim
Tue, Apr-08-03, 17:29
Thanks for the visit. I love it. Well the cardio Iam getting used too(I hope), The weights I love. I will do my day 1 of weights for the week on Wed. I will take what should be 4 days and make it 3 days. I will do my back/tri's and legs all on 1 day.

Well need to get the kids to bed. Ttyl, Lynn

DarkLotus
Tue, Apr-08-03, 18:07
Yeah, I go to ABC all the time :) I've been thinking about giving that a try too....the 13 weeks to hardcore fat burning, it looks hard!

l_knierim
Wed, Apr-09-03, 18:44
Wow, I did not think that adding a few sets and reps would make it harder. I does and it feels so good. Here is what I did.

Chest 4 sets

Incline fly 33lbs, 10,10,8,8 leave for next week

Incline press 67Lbs, 3 had to lower to 56lbs, 8,7,6 leave for next week

Chest press 56lbs 8,8,8,6 leave for next week

Bi's 5sets

Preacher curl 17lbs,10,10,10,10,10 need to up

BB Curl 28lbs, 10,10,10,10,10 need to up.

I feel like Iam back in the groove again. Love it. Lynn

lkonzelman
Thu, Apr-10-03, 07:13
Great workout!

adnil53
Thu, Apr-10-03, 08:30
I feel like Iam back in the groove again. Thats great! You were feeling so down about this not long ago, I am so glad you are really into it again... doing great girl! Love ya... Mom

l_knierim
Thu, Apr-10-03, 15:08
Thank you so much for the visit. I love to have visitors. Well tonight I will do my Back and Tri's. I can not wait. Well off to finish dinner for the kids. TTYL, lynn

l_knierim
Thu, Apr-10-03, 18:06
Well back and tri;s are done.boy can I feel them too.

Here is what I did;

4sets
Back
Deadlift 56lbs,10,10,8,8 leave for next week

bent over row 56lbs,8,8,8,8 leave for next week

Tri's 5sets
BB tri extention 23lbs,10,10,8,8,7 leave for next week

Close grip press 56lbs,8,6,8,8,6 Leave for next week

I really felt everyone of them too. Well off to eat. Lynn

l_knierim
Thu, Apr-10-03, 19:13
Well I did my ab work Iam not sure Iam doing these right. Are you supposed to feel it while you are doing them. Lisa any help? Well here is what I did.

Scarlett O'Hara 3x
Spastic butterfly 3x To failure
Basment Crunch 6X
Superman Sling 5X
Dead Bug 10X
The Piston 10X

I wish I knew if I was doing these right, but I think practice will make perfect. Well at least I hope so. Lynn

l_knierim
Fri, Apr-11-03, 10:38
Well I did my leg work out. I had planned on doing shoulders too, but was wore out after legs and a few abs. So here is what I did.

LEGS 5 sets unless noted 1.5 min rest

Leg ext. 66lbs 10 X5 need to up 5lbs

Leg curl 44lbs 10X5 need to up 5-10lbs

Squats 50lbs 10X4 will leave the same, still working on form

Standing calf raise 18at 50lbs, then could not balance so 30at BW off of stair for strech

Seated calf raise 66lb 10X5 no rest between, these burned

ABS
Scarlett O'hara 2x

Spastic butterfly 3X

The Piston 5X each leg, this was harder this time, I think I found what I was doing wrong.

Well I need to eat and hit the shower before i go get the kids from school.
Talk soon, lynn

lkonzelman
Fri, Apr-11-03, 13:06
You go girl!!!

adnil53
Tue, Apr-15-03, 18:44
Not seen you in here either for 4 days? Come out come out wherever you are... lol. Love ya...

lkonzelman
Mon, Apr-28-03, 08:21
H...e...l...l...o.... out there (echo echo)...

l_knierim
Mon, May-12-03, 18:02
what I thougth was like 2 weeks away is more like 4 weeks. Humph not so good. Iam back at my work outs as of today.

c1w2d1 BRX

chest/bi's

chest press 56lbs, 10,8,7,7 will leave

incline press 56lbs, 4 too hard.... 44lbs,8,7,7, will leave

Incline fly, 30lbs,8,7,7,6 will leave

BB curl 34lbs,10,10,8,8,, not sure if I will raise\

Preacher curl 20lbs,10,10,10,10, need to raise

WOW am I wore out. I forgot how good it felt to work out. Iam hopeing with the new eating and starting to work out that there will be a diffrence in my before pic. If not by the end of June then soon after I have faith in me again. Well off tobed. Lynn

luddybell
Sat, May-17-03, 00:04
ok i must confess i have been a lurker in your journal for quite sometime now .......... just wanted to tell you how much you inspire me to stay on track :)

l_knierim
Sat, May-17-03, 08:18
Wow a new person in my gym log. I love it. thanks for saying I keep you going. I need to keep myself going too,LOL

Thanks for stopping by. Talk soon and take care,Lynn

l_knierim
Sun, May-18-03, 21:40
I told Kim that I would do ab work with her. Well I did. I will do them everyday. That is what the Matthews method says to do. I will do it for 4 weeks and see how they look.

Here is what I did:

Scarlet o'hara 3X

Spastic Butterfly 3X

basment crunch 3X

Superman sling 3X (love this one)

dead Bug 6X

Piston 7X

Open book 6X ( this one is my fav)

I did to many today. It say only to do 2-3 per day and rotate the ones you do. I will start that on Mon.

it feels good to be doing something. Talk soon,Lynn

l_knierim
Mon, May-19-03, 21:02
Well today I did abs and a very small work out, Here is what I did;

Abs
the piston,16x

open book, 5x (my fav)

spastic butterfly, 3x to failure

then I did
push ups(girlie) 5

Bench dips, 6

Side leg raise, 12 each leg

butt blaster, 12 each leg

I had to do the sissy push ups. My back is not strong enough to do the real ones. I will do them Till I can do the real ones. Off ot bed. Talk soon ,Lynn

l_knierim
Mon, Jun-09-03, 15:45
Well I did my first work out of BRX. IT was great. I think I need to push a little more thou. Or it could just feel that way since there is a 3 min rest wich kills ya. Here is what I did:

c1w1d1

Chest and Bi's

bench press 57lbs 6r 3s
incline press 57lbs 6r 3 s
flys 30lbs 6r 3s
bb curl 57lbs 5,6,6
preacher curl 30lbs 6r 3s

I feel I need to up everything a little I could do all the reps some where hard to finish but I could do them. WEll that is it for today. Lynn

l_knierim
Wed, Jun-11-03, 17:05
Well today was my fist 5:30am . work out. I loved it it was so great to work out with out the phone and everyone up. I will do them in the Am for now on. Here is what I did.

Back and Tri's

Bent over row, 57lbs...6r...3s

straight leg deadlift,79lbs...6r...3s

Close grip bench press, 57lbs,6r.....3s

Tri kickbacks,21lbs,6r....3s

I will up them all next time out. I also will add a few more need to look them up first. Talk later,Lynn

adnil53
Wed, Jun-11-03, 18:12
Good going Lynn! I too am going to do mine in the morning before it gets hot AND everyone is up... :D I will do my first tomorrow morning... Love you!

l_knierim
Thu, Jun-12-03, 06:01
Well today was legs day. I love legs day. I moved more weight today then normal. I know I could move more if I could go to the gym, but not in the finances for awhile so home will do.

Here is what I did:

Legs

Squats,57lbs....6r...3s

leg ext.,74lbs...6r...3s

leg curl,74lbs.....6r.....3s(this is the most I have done)

seated calf raise,74lbs....6r.....3s no rest

I need to up all my weights.

That all for today. Lynn

l_knierim
Sun, Jun-15-03, 18:39
Today is the end of my first week. YEAH Iam done with one week, Only 35 more too go.

Here is what I did.

Shoulders/Abs

shoulder press,57lbs,6r....3s

upright row,57lbs,6r....3s

side raises,15lbs,5r..1s,11lbs,6r...2s

seated bent over raises,11lbs,6r...3s

reg crunches, 20,16,14

rev.crunches,10,8,6

Need to up all. Iam very sore already...Thats all for today,Lynn

l_knierim
Wed, Jun-18-03, 04:41
Well here it is 6:30am and Iam eating my eggs a posting my work out . Today was Chest and Bi's, I have to admit that I like doing my chest and bi's.WEll here is what I did do.

Chest and Bi's

Chest press,62lbs,6r....3s

Incline chest press,62lbs,6r....3s(last rep of last set was shakey)

Flys,31lbs,6r....3s

BB Curls,62lbs,6r...2s....5r...1s(wow)

Preacher curls,30lbs,6r...2s

I need to up all but my BB curls those I will leave the same. It is funny I did not really feel like I worked out at one point then it was time to stop for my rest. I was sweating up a storm, so guess Iam doing something anyway,LOL Well now to start my day.Lynn

l_knierim
Wed, Oct-29-03, 17:13
I joined the Y earlier this month, and now I am taking advatage of what they give to the members.

You can get you BF% tested and they also will help you put a 12 weeks plan together. I met with them today to set up my plan.
Today we did 5 out of 36 exercises on the Schwinn sets. It is cool I get a pin number and the computer will keep track of reps and weight and also what position I need my seat to be in.

Here is what we did today, not much but a start.

Leg press 10reps 84b, 10 reps 96lbs

leg curls 10reps 48lbs, 10 reps 48lbs

leg ext. 10 reps 24 lbs, 10 reps 24lbs(these I could really feel in my thighs)

lat pulldown 10reps 48lbs, 10 reps 60lbs

I did not get to do much cause the daycare closed at 1:30p and I got there at 1pm. I will be going earlier from now on.

on 10/28/03 I did cardio only
10 mins on treadmill for warm up
20 mins on the eplical( found out how to set it right today)

I will do cardio 5X a week and the schwinn system 3X a week.

Iam so pumped. I will do my cardio again in the morning.

Talk soon and take care,
Lynn