PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SlickBlitz
Fri, Nov-29-13, 14:58
hi I'm new here and i have to say i'm glad i found this forum.big fan of the low carb life style.i dont like the word 'Diet' because it implies a temporary path of change.I like the word 'life style' better.You make just a couple of changes and they can be life changing,lasting the rest of your life.How many people do you know have been on one diet for 5 years or even 1 year?

I've struggled with weight for a very long time.I'm about 30 pounds over weight.Some of you probably don't think thats a lot but i've been trying to get rid of it for about 7 years.I'm going to go back on the low carb "Life Style" next week,stick with it & go for it.Does any one have any tips? I did find the My P.L.A.N tracker app which i already started using.that's pretty sweet. :)

Thanks

livinright
Fri, Nov-29-13, 15:10
Welcome :)
A diet is just how a person eats. Most people follow the Standard American diet for their entire life. lol

Tips:
Don't cheat
Eat only minimally processed, real foods
keep your fat intake high

SlickBlitz
Fri, Nov-29-13, 15:31
"Most people follow the Standard American diet for their entire life. lol"

yeah I know exactly what you mean.thats what most of my family does.I am gonna to start going back to the gym too.that is definitely gonna help with the weight loss.

thanks for those tips :thup:.when you say keep my fat intake intake high,should it come from meat?

livinright
Fri, Nov-29-13, 15:34
Whatever natural fats float your boat. lol Meat, meat drippings (I love bacon grease), butter, coconut oil, olive oil, and my personal favorite....mayo(ok, it's not natural, but it makes food tasty)

SlickBlitz
Fri, Nov-29-13, 15:55
thanks alot i'll keep those in mind

Jones
Fri, Nov-29-13, 18:49
I am gonna to start going back to the gym too.that is definitely gonna help with the weight loss.
Actually, in my opinion, no. You will feel better and look better (tighter), but, in terms of weight loss, it is all about diet. One other thing you may find is that it increases your appetite. This doesn't happen to everyone, but some. I do think exercise promotes a healthier attitude about oneself. That is surely a good thing.

when you say keep my fat intake intake high,should it come from meat?
Like Christina said, pick your fat, any fat. I'm a huge ribeye steak, fatty meat eater. I recently increased my fat intake to 70% and it's been very effective, only been a few days, though. However, in reviewing my history, it was clear that I lost best when fat was highest. So, there's that. I also eat a lot of cheese, which works well for me, although some people have trouble with dairy. I'm just not one of them.

You'll have to find what works best for your body. My best advice is to eat real food, keep it simple, focus on fat and don't cheat.

Best of luck to you for success.

SlickBlitz
Wed, Dec-11-13, 18:27
well i'll have to get used to eating more fat.not used to that but i will try it!