PDA

View Full Version : confused

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

momhmschl2
Sat, May-25-02, 16:48
Could someone please give me some advice on what diet plan is best for treating Candidiasis? I have been following Atkins since mid March. I just took the questionaire by Dr. William Crook this morning and scored a 307 with a score of 180 being certain of having yeast-connected health problems. Is there a specific diet for treating this or are my only options just modifying a certain lc diet plan? I apologize if this question has been asked before. This seems so overwhelming to me.

Karen
Sat, May-25-02, 17:52
There is and it's called the Anti-Candida Diet. From what I've gathered, it's very similar to LC with the elimination of anything fermented - like vinegar and soy sauce - ripened cheeses and a few other things. There are books on it and if you do a Google search, you'll come up with a lot of hits.

I can't recall if there are any members following it specifically, but if there are, I'm sure they'll swing by to give you a hand.

Karen

momhmschl2
Sat, May-25-02, 18:00
Thanks Karen,
I did a search and found one caled candida diet. There is a web site by that name. It didn't exactly seem low carb to me and I was hoping someone using a certain diet plan could steer me in the right direction. I would hate to try something like the one I mentioned and have a lot of trouble reintroducing foods I have already eliminated. Maybe someone could suggest a good book. I would be willing to try a different lc plan. I didn't want to have to give that up, however it just seems SO restrictive to follow Akins' advice on the subject. Maybe not for some people. Anyone on Atkins might be able to shed more light on the subject.

momhmschl2
Sat, May-25-02, 19:01
After tons of research I have found a good list. I am going to concentrate on getting this under control instead of weight loss. Since the weight loss isn't that much it is more important that I feel better.

Karen
Sat, May-25-02, 19:12
I just checked the new edition of DANDR and there are two separate entries on yeast overgrowth. It may be able to help you out.

Karen