PDA

View Full Version : Atkins - brand new for me...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LuLu_86
Wed, Nov-06-13, 11:02
Hi All,

I have just joined this forum as I am doing the whole low carb thing alone and this looks brilliant! :)

I am on the third day of induction and, prior to that, I was low carbing but have never ever eaten so much fat. It really feels like I am being naughty?

My food diary is below. I wondered if anyone can advise if I am doing all correctly?

Day 1:

Breakfast - Baby Spinach (1 cup), Smoked Salmon (120g), Fried Egg (in butter!), quarter cucumber and olive oil (extra virgin)

Lunch -was full so snacked on celery (1 cup) filled with full fat cream cheese and 5 black olives

Dinner - Can of tuna, 2oz Goats cheese (soft type), more spinach (same amount), Rocket Salad (1 cup) and olive oil (ex virgin)

Day 2:

Breakfast - Half avocado

Lunch - 5 small chicken drumsticks baked, 1 cup rocket salad, half cucumber, Hellmans Mayo (sooooo nice to have this) and ex virgin oil

Dinner - Baked aubergine (whole) stuffed with beef mince, aubergine flesh, and topped with cheddar and ex v oil. Had spinach (1 cup) and mayo on side

Today:

Breakfast - 3 HECK sausages (nitrate, gluten free), 2 rashers nitrate free bacon

Lunch - Red bell pepper (whole) stuffed with 5 fine green beans, 1/2 cup spinach, goats cheese 2oz, extra virgin oil and some tesco finest pesto (ts)

Snack - 5 black olives

I am sorry for the essay but I realllllllllllllly want to lose weight and am trying hard so thought I would ask the experts... YOU :wave:

JEY100
Thu, Nov-07-13, 06:56
:wave: Welcome LuLu

Looks good to me! Yum, all real food, no diet sodas or much processed food, I am sure you will do well. Lots of tips on the Newbie question forum...be sure to get enough salt and drink fluids in the first days of transitioning to low carb to avoid the "flu".

150 bettie
Thu, Nov-07-13, 15:42
Wow, on my 4th induction day, lost 5lbs! Like to thank each of you for the encouragement. Facing a challenge in about an hour; going to a fundraiser where heavy appetizers will be offered.