PDA

View Full Version : First Post

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

swn345
Tue, Nov-05-13, 18:58
Hey everybody , thought it would be good for me to join the forum . I am constantly having questions and issues with this diet . Best i get answers from people with the know .
Been stuck at 252 for about 2 weeks , still in induction mode but the pounds stopped coming off . Whats up ?

TwentyFour
Tue, Nov-05-13, 20:47
I'm sure someone could help you but I think you need to give out more information.

Like what's your diet like? Maybe you're eating something that can be stalling you. Also, some people don't really consider 2 weeks a stall. Maybe about 4 weeks it would be. Are you sure you're stalling? Maybe you just stopped showing pounds lost on the scale, but you're still losing inches. There's a really good thread somewhere that I think was called "How the Scale Can Lie" or something. Also, you should measure how many inches you are and compare if your clothes are getting looser or tighter. And you said you have had many questions and issues, such as? I hope everything gets better for you. :wave:

JEY100
Wed, Nov-06-13, 06:04
Here is the Scale weight article from the Best Of forum:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=365499

Read around the Newbie question threads...you may find your answers. Or the Stickies at top http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110
or do a Search (always use "Advanced Search" instead of the default box.)

You would have to give more info as to what you are eating and what questions you have. But 23 pounds lost when your goal is only 27 pounds away means you are near 50% of goal in less than two months...seems good weight loss to me!

FaithLeigh
Thu, Nov-07-13, 20:51
Hi :wave: and welcome to the forums.

Have you read any literature concerning the Atkins diet? Which Atkins plan are you on? (ie, '72, DANDR, etc).

I have found that if I have questions, I can always find the answers when I go back to the basics of the plan I follow.

I also agree that you may want to post a daily menu and that would be more helpful.

Good luck to you and happy LCing!

inflammabl
Thu, Nov-07-13, 23:40
Hey everybody , thought it would be good for me to join the forum . I am constantly having questions and issues with this diet . Best i get answers from people with the know .
Been stuck at 252 for about 2 weeks , still in induction mode but the pounds stopped coming off . Whats up ?

As others have said, water weight can easily go up or down by 1% from the mean. That's up five pound from a dehydrated state to water laden state for you. So if you're losing two pounds of fat a week, you can actually gain a pound on the scale over two weeks. Give it some time. After four weeks re-reexamine what you are eating and post it here. You'll get lots of ideas when you do.

How long have you been on Atkins?