PDA

View Full Version : Reactive Hypoglycemia

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

merrymutts
Sat, May-25-02, 07:01
I just got done reading about reactive hypoglycemia in Rachel and Richard's book and this sounds exactly like what I go through when I eat things with too much sugar/carbs.

My doctors call something like this " dumping syndrome" so I guess it's the same thing but under a different name.

The Carb Addicts site is down and has been since yesterday so I can't ask the Hellers directly.

I do admit that since I have been reducing the carbs in my diet that where I once was having this happen at least every day now I rarely have it at all...except last night I felt a real hankering (craving ) for an ice cream cone and about 90 minutes afterwards got that woozy, shaky feeling :( and had to eat some protien to counteract the symptoms.

All fo you have a happy and safe holiday weekend. :wave: