PDA

View Full Version : First Time Cutting Carbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lagartixa
Thu, Sep-19-13, 11:29
Hello Everyone,

I've been interested in nutrition for a while now, back when I started capoeira in 2001. That interest expanded when I became a personal trainer in 2007. Personal training didn't work out (!), but I didn't lose my interest in nutrition. At some point I found Michael Pollan and devoured (!) his work. Still, there was something missing that I could quite put my finger on. I joined CrossFit in 2011 and saw some great changed to my body. Now, 2 years into the most difficult workouts I've ever done, and after a fair effort at trying the paleo diet, I still don't have the abs I've wanted since high school; and I'm so close. That brought me to Gary Taubes, which brought me to Peter Attia, my new nutrition God. In the 12 years I've been interested in nutrition, I haven't found anything like what Attia brings to the table; an exceptional knowledge of the human body, coupled with intense self-experimentation.

So I'm low carb now, have been for a couple weeks, although the weekends find me drinking and eating like old times. Social events take me back to where I was, but I keep coming back to low carb on Monday, start over, wipe the slate clean.

I found the forum by Googling Wing Stop, my dinner last night. I figured their sauces would be traditional butter and hot sauce, but I wanted to double check the wings weren't battered or anything, despite their "naked" sobriquet. I'm not sure what I plan to get out of this forum, but I'll start here and see where I end up.

Thanks for listening!

Kirsteen
Thu, Sep-19-13, 12:30
Welcome. I'm sure that you'll find plenty of interest on this site. It's chock-full of resources, links, articles and information.

bikrchic
Sun, Sep-22-13, 21:55
Sounds like you have a lot of excitment intrest in nutrition fitness. Seems like u would have been good personal trainer u sound upbeat.