PDA

View Full Version : LCHF'er!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RckyMtnHgh
Thu, Sep-19-13, 08:57
Hey Everybody! :wave:

That's HF'er, NOT Heifer! :lol:

Started LCHF in March and have been dropping weight like nobody's business. In a year long (March to March) contest with somebody else who is on WW's Online diet (they've stopped & started 3 times since March).

The best part of my diet is having a big monster ribeye right out of the broiler, dripping with fat & butter and sitting down across the table from my opponent with their "6 Point WW Meal" in a plastic tray. While they eye my steak and choke down their ziti with the consistency of PVC pipe, I'm gnawing on ribeye.

Wait wait, scratch that, the best part actually is a day later when I'm down another pound and they're static and my calories & fat outdid their meal about 3 or 4 to 1. THAT is the best part. Or when they're using low fat half & half in their coffee and I'm dumping 10cc's of whole fat cream into my coffee. A little Stevia and I can sit back and roll my eyes at this person and go on and on about how it's like some full fat/full sugar coffee drink at Starbucks... :D (one of their former weaknesses).

So, yeah, I'm cranking off the weight left & right. Walking 5 miles a day (mountain roads, lots of elevation change and low oxy) with my leg & wrist weights on (5lbs on each ankle, 2.5lbs on each wrist). I will also do my kettlebell workouts 4x a week, 25-35lb bells. Once the snow starts to fly, I will hit the crossfit gym instead of walking and begin barbell squats and HIIT cardo. Going down through my old wardrobe too, clothing lasts about 3 or 4 weeks and then it is too baggy to wear or it looks like a tent draped over me, but it's a good feeling. I never minded buying new clothes that were smaller, it's the going to the big & tall with your tail between your legs that stinks.

Anyway, glad to be here, this looks like an vibrant and informative place to learn new tips/tricks and share. We're all in this together, I'm pulling for ya! (to steal from Red Green).

Red Green's Quote (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yevEKPrhjOU)

JEY100
Thu, Sep-19-13, 09:46
A big welcome to Rocky Mountain High! :wave:
You have written one of the funniest and best intros I've read in a long time...we are all going to enjoy having you here. Well, except for our jealousy that you are a guy who dropped 75 pounds in 7 months. Us older women can only dream.
Congrats :clap: :clap:

RckyMtnHgh
Thu, Sep-19-13, 10:19
A big welcome to Rocky Mountain High! :wave:
You have written one of the funniest and best intros I've read in a long time...we are all going to enjoy having you here. Well, except for our jealousy that you are a guy who dropped 75 pounds in 7 months. Us older women can only dream.
Congrats :clap: :clap:

Thanks! But 75 in 7 is a nice healthy clip... a little more than 10 a month and 2.5 a week. Seems about what my body wants to give up. I can have a week where nothing happens though and the next week 4 or 5 drop off like shedding a big heavy jacket. I was diagnosed in January as being "pre-diabetic" meaning I was on my way. Metformin? Nyet! Insulin shots? NEVER! At least my doctor was progressive enough to say "Well, you have an OPTION... low carb your life...". Wait!! What? Low carb? How the heck would I live on no carbs? What's left to eat? Fat? Seriously? I can lose weight by eating FAT? Doc, you've been self medicating too much.... nobody loses weight with fat, that is the ENEMY!!! Try it? Ok, what the heck, I can wolf down bacon & eggs for a week to show you what a putz you are Doc but you're buying my first 90 days of Lipitor or Crestor! Deal? And here we are. I guess he was right, I am/was carb "intolerant". Actually, I wasn't until my 40s, but then I over taxed my insulin thinking I'd be young forever. One day, nothing felt right. Tons of inflammation. Tons of weight gain. Constant headaches. Now, all gone. Six hours of sleep is almost TOO much, I want to get out and do the day. I want to move, do and be human again. I don't want to be a slug curled up under the covers cursing another sunrise. I'm animated and alive again, my friends can hardly stand it... they threaten me with a straight jacket!

For the first time in 10 years I can actually press my stomach and feel ABS. My opponent is at 29 pounds since March (and female to be fair) but she's 8 years younger as well. I pretty much have this in the bag but I need to keep the push on to keep her at it. I told her that if she wants, I'd help her transition off the phony WW diet and see if she can catch up to me... Heck, I'll even give myself a handicap and eat a Van Harden All Cheese Crust Pizza now and then (even though it slows me down not one iota, but she doesn't know that)...

Van Harden Cheese Crust Pizza (http://www.vanharden.com/pizza/retail.html)