PDA

View Full Version : Newbie says hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lbridges
Wed, Sep-18-13, 18:33
Hello,

A couple of months ago I stepped onto the scale and saw it hit 250 lbs. This was a figure "NEVER EVER" to be displayed. Something HAD to be done.

So I started to "diet" with really no idea of what I was doing, mostly cutting out the obviously sugar products and cutting back what I ate. So of course I also cheated with lots of watermelon and grapes thinking fruit couldn't hurt could it?

Looked around the web for diets with a long term view as well some science behind them (I'm a physicist who knows virtually nothing about the human body, but has enormous respect for theory followed by trial/experiment).

I'm on an extended business trip (makes dieting fun) and found a couple of books from Dr. Atkins in the dollar bookstore in Long Beach, CA (they had South Beach as well, but being from Florida, South Beach seems just too much). I have been reviewed lots of forum topics during the evening, and today decided I should probably join vice hiding in the background.

Anyway, began Atkins induction phase 4 days ago although I was using a semi-low carb approach before induction (about 6 weeks worth). I am pegging my official Atkins beginning weight at 227.

Don't plan to weigh myself until I go home for a short visit mid October. Cooking with an in-room microwave and a small George Foreman grill I picked up at a local discount store.

Ketostix imply I'm in the zone - between small and moderate - I am hoping for a good surprise when I next climb up on that scale.

For the administrator/owner of the site, and those who have contributed before me, and researched the many articles/links I have found on here - thanks much.

Lee

inflammabl
Wed, Sep-18-13, 19:26
Good luck to you.

I'd suggest you keep simple brief notes of what you're eating and your daily habits. They will help you troubleshoot any weight loss stalling problems you may/will have. Also, with you being a physicist, I'd be interested in knowing how your ketonestix change over time.