PDA

View Full Version : Trying again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mr.Louis
Thu, Sep-12-13, 22:33
This year I turned 42. I have always been a medium build man but lately it has been so hard to lose weight. I have lost weight in the past with low carb. I am trying this again. I know that this has to be a lifestyle change. I am up for that challenge. I just need some encouragement. I completed my first day today. I am officially on my 2nd day. Please pray for me. I know that I can do this. :wave:

perfectfit
Fri, Sep-13-13, 00:57
I'm not a praying type person but good luck to you. :)

Mr.Louis
Fri, Sep-13-13, 11:57
I am almost through my 2nd day. Thank You. Id take any encouragement that I can get. :wave:

Caroxx
Fri, Sep-13-13, 15:25
Welcome to the forums - I can't tell how much this site has helped me in the past four months. I totally agree with you, it has to be a lifestyle change. I "knew" about low-carb over five years ago, half-heartedly tried it a few times and never got anywhere except heavier.

This time I feel so sure! I know what I'm doing and I have a quiet certainty I will keep going until I lose all the weight I should and then I will adjust until I do not gain. What more could I ask for?

I wish you all the very best and you are in the right place!

Caroxx

Aradasky
Fri, Sep-13-13, 15:59
The structure of Atkins helped me lose 50 pounds and now I am learning to maintain. This is not diet but a WAY OF EATING for the rest of your life.

Start a journal and USE it. That is one very good way of keeping track of where you are. Learn to track what you eat, and you will be able to find where problems come up.

This is a hugely supportive forum, tons of information, and will help you get through almost anything. Come on in!