PDA

View Full Version : old girl but brand new here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

2boxers
Mon, Sep-09-13, 21:19
hello fellow life changers! I'm new here tonight but won't be starting atkins for 3 more days. am in the process of cleaning frig and grocery shopping. i am really looking forward to this journey. never had a weight problem due to good genes and parents who made sure their kids ate well rounded meals and got plenty of exercise. And I love to cook. I never fed my family fast food. i think kraft macaroni and cheese should be outlawed! my parents never let it in our house and i have the same feeling. However the week my husband suddenly passed away i woke up the day after his funeral and couldn't move the left side of my body i had a brain bleed which resulted in a stroke. no more swimming, running, or golf for me. I was only 49 years old at the time and 107 pounds but during the last 8 years my weight has started to creep up to 137 pounds! i don't get much exercise and my boredom has me snacking on foods i've never purchased before. so i thought I'd make a clean break of things and start atkins to get rid of this extra weight. I'm excited and i think i have found a great support community. God Bless. darla 2boxers

never2late
Mon, Sep-09-13, 21:27
Welcome Darla, so sorry for your loss and the health problems.
You are not old, you are young and have many years ahead of you.
Eating right will take you there.
Cooking at home makes the journey much easier.
You have a lot in your favor on this trip.
This is not a diet, it is a way of life.
Good luck to you and happy days ahead.

beckah54
Tue, Sep-10-13, 07:28
hello fellow life changers! I'm new here tonight but won't be starting atkins for 3 more days. am in the process of cleaning frig and grocery shopping. i am really looking forward to this journey. never had a weight problem due to good genes and parents who made sure their kids ate well rounded meals and got plenty of exercise. And I love to cook. I never fed my family fast food. i think kraft macaroni and cheese should be outlawed! my parents never let it in our house and i have the same feeling. However the week my husband suddenly passed away i woke up the day after his funeral and couldn't move the left side of my body i had a brain bleed which resulted in a stroke. no more swimming, running, or golf for me. I was only 49 years old at the time and 107 pounds but during the last 8 years my weight has started to creep up to 137 pounds! i don't get much exercise and my boredom has me snacking on foods i've never purchased before. so i thought I'd make a clean break of things and start atkins to get rid of this extra weight. I'm excited and i think i have found a great support community. God Bless. darla 2boxers

Hello and welcome Darla!

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband at so young an age and for the stroke that followed it. That's a lot of stuff on your plate all at the same time.

Congratulations on the decision to change your eating habits and do whatever it takes to get control of your life again. We'll all be here cheering for you!