PDA

View Full Version : Brand new: Starting Wednesday!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

veghead72
Mon, Sep-09-13, 10:02
Hey there, I am starting a Low - Carb Vegetarian diet on Wednesday! I am going to do a vegetarian version of the Atkins, Induction phase... I have been laid up for 3 months due to a foot injury and am recovering from foot surgery , so I have not been able to exercise much at all and have gained weight. I am in the middle of a 160 lbs weight loss .. I lost 120 lbs, but have regained 35, so I NEED to do something very different than I have been doing, and this seems like a great way to kick start my body into burning fat, even though I can't exercise much.

I look forward to connecting with you all and learning from you. I'm going to be blogging and vlogging about my experience as well... and am really looking forward to creating awesome recipes.. even though the first couple of weeks will be tough. I'm used to basing my meals around grains and legumes... and lots of veggies and tons of spices.. and apparently, even my beloved spices have carbs.

Kirsteen
Mon, Sep-09-13, 17:39
That's great. I wish there was a vegetarian main meals in the recipe section, because we do get a small minority of vegetarian's who get a bit stuck for ideas. I hope you'll share some of your recipes in the forum. I like lots of veggies, and if you're careful, you'll soon get the hang of it. One small thing which has helped me to restrain the carb count is to use leeks instead of onions in cooking.

Bye for now.

Rosebud
Mon, Sep-09-13, 19:02
That's great. I wish there was a vegetarian main meals in the recipe section, because we do get a small minority of vegetarian's who get a bit stuck for ideas. I hope you'll share some of your recipes in the forum. I like lots of veggies, and if you're careful, you'll soon get the hang of it. One small thing which has helped me to restrain the carb count is to use leeks instead of onions in cooking.

Bye for now.
While we don't have nearly enough vegetarian recipes posted to warrant their own recipe subforum, if you look through the Contents sticky in the Main Dishes subforum, you'll find a collection of vegetarian dishes grouped there, as well as egg dishes. :)

Emmalee808
Tue, Sep-10-13, 00:37
Awesome job on the progress so far, you are a great inspiration! I know you can do it and I am looking forward to some of your recipes!

Kirsteen
Tue, Sep-10-13, 04:36
Rosebud - thanks so much for letting me know about the vegetarian section. I didn't realise it was there. I'll be dipping in there in future.

veghead72
Tue, Sep-10-13, 10:14
Thanks for the welcome! I will definitely be posting some recipes.. I'm actually kind of excited about a new way of cooking. I am actually a chef, and love to create new recipes. :-)