PDA

View Full Version : Sadly, I'm back....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kaillean
Sun, Sep-01-13, 15:49
Hi everyone,

I'm gearing up to get back on Atkins. Cleaning out the cupboards and preparing food, etc.

I was on the boards almost a decade ago -- can't believe it's been that long. Everyone on these boards helped me lose 65 lbs over a year or so and I felt so amazing.

I kept it off for a few years, but since had two kids and fallen into bad habits all over again. So much harder to eat low carb with picky kids. Before I only had to cook for my DH and he eats whatever appears on his plate happily.

So, I'm nearly back to square one I think. I will weigh in on my official start day, which will be Tuesday.

Along with the weight issues - I just miss feeling good. I miss having no eczema and seasonal allergies. I miss the high energy. I miss going into any store I want and being able to fit into clothes. I miss not being embarrassed to be seen in a bathing suit. So many things.

So I look forward to getting back to good health. Hopefully I'll see some other old timers around here, too. :)

K.

daisy_jane
Mon, Sep-02-13, 06:58
Welcome back, Kaillean. I've just arrived for my second time around too. I wish you every success.

Kaillean
Mon, Sep-02-13, 09:42
Thanks Daisy! You, too!

Kelly_L
Mon, Sep-02-13, 13:36
Welcome back :wave:
I keep coming back too.

n=1
Mon, Sep-02-13, 15:26
Hi Kaillean,

I've lost and regained so much weight over the last decade, it can feel so embarrassing to me and disheartening. But the most important thing is to get back up and get started again. Welcome!

Kaillean
Mon, Sep-02-13, 21:38
Thanks everyone! We can do it! If we work our plans, our plans will work for us.

CMCM
Tue, Sep-03-13, 08:38
Hi, and welcome back! You did this before, you know you can do it again. You just have to be determined, be consistent, and stay with it long enough to lose your weight! I've found that I pretty much always have to monitor myself or I regain weight bit by bit. Sad but true, I'm afraid, and a reality for most of us!

Stay strong and you'll do just fine!