PDA

View Full Version : Back again :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sallybear
Fri, Aug-30-13, 12:54
Hi, I have registered here previously. I followed a low-carb way of eating about 10 years ago with amazing success, shedding loads of weight and changing my body shape and my health.

Since then, I kind of lost it all really and last year was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I was put on horrible medication (Gliclazide) that made me feel terrible and then (Metformin) which really upset my whole digestive system.

I am now meds free and have essentially reversed my diabetes, with this I have completely forgotten that I even had diabetes, and the last week I have felt so awful and Ill, and I just thought I would measure my bloods and SHOCK HORROR they are incredibly high.

So basically I need just to remain a low carb eater, it's not hard, and it makes me feel great it's just easier sometimes not to when your whole family are mad on bread, potatoes and pasta. I am just going to be different and I am going to love it, I had a fab breakfast of scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, roast chicken and lettuce for lunch with a sour cream and black pepper dip. Massive homemade burger, eggs and brocolli for dinner. I love low carbing, it's here to stay.

Just in one day, my blood sugar has halved. And already I feel better.

Thanks for this forum, about time I invested my time here, and got to know people, shared tips and picked tips up.
:D

maryd67
Sat, Aug-31-13, 05:23
Hi! I know that I have worked as a licensed practical nurse in long term care/rehab for 20 plus years and type 2 diabetes is brutal and totally manageable/preventable if only people would cut out the carbs/sugar/processed crap that we as Americans have been sold on for years! It took me this long to realize it myself! Good luck on your journey! I know I have to embrace the difference in my way of eating from the rest of my family! Learned to love low carb veggies and meat! Oh and healthy fats!

Kaillean
Sun, Sep-01-13, 16:08
Hi,
I'm back at it too, after a 65lb loss on Atkins a decade ago.

Since then, two kids and laziness have intervened and I'm nearly back at square one. No one but myself to blame.

Looking forward to my official start on Tuesday and getting back on the path to good mental and physical health!