PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Vlnchick
Wed, Aug-07-13, 01:16
Started Atkins a week ago (read DANDR). I am down almost 8 pounds already. Feeling good although the induction flu was pretty nasty. Still feel a bit weak and fatigued but I've been adding more salt to my food. This website is awesome - glad to have found this resource!

livinright
Wed, Aug-07-13, 09:46
Welcome :)

zajack
Wed, Aug-07-13, 09:48
Welcome! :)

eggsalsa
Thu, Aug-08-13, 00:49
Hello, I'm new as well, let's hope we both keep losing quickly! :)

Vlnchick
Thu, Aug-08-13, 01:46
Thanks, everyone. :)

Egg, yay a partner! :)

sandy.ch
Thu, Aug-08-13, 02:34
Welcome, it's a great site, always someone to motivate you and s awesome to read some of the success stories.
Wishing you a great weight loss path.

rodmick
Thu, Aug-08-13, 05:35
Hi there! Congrats on the 8 lb loss! I am recently started this week too lose it for good this time.

Vlnchick
Thu, Aug-08-13, 14:28
Thanks, everyone!
It's great to have so much motivation :)

Sparkle4J
Thu, Aug-08-13, 18:17
Big Congrats for the 8lbs gone! Yea :yay: I was helped greatly by the salt suggestion - never made the connection before - these are awesome folks. :)

Continued Good Luck!

Nancy LC
Thu, Aug-08-13, 18:46
Here's the salt thread in case you need it.

Welcome!

Vlnchick
Fri, Aug-09-13, 02:26
Thanks, Sparkle and Nancy!

Nancy - I've been lurking for awhile and have found your posts very educational and beneficial. Thank you!

eggsalsa
Fri, Aug-09-13, 09:39
Thanks, everyone. :)

Egg, yay a partner! :)

Yay! I'm hoping to drop another four - five this week. Do you have any goals?

Vlnchick
Fri, Aug-09-13, 12:50
Yay! I'm hoping to drop another four - five this week. Do you have any goals?

I'd love to lose 12-15 total during the 2 week induction - but I gained a pound back today! :eek: First day of gain - I know I won't lose every day, and I know I will gain once in awhile. Trying not to freak out. :lol:

eggsalsa
Fri, Aug-09-13, 16:54
I'd love to lose 12-15 total during the 2 week induction - but I gained a pound back today! :eek: First day of gain - I know I won't lose every day, and I know I will gain once in awhile. Trying not to freak out. :lol:

Oh, I know how you feel. A week and a half in, my family came home from vacay in Sweden-- bringing all sorts of goodies. Gained my entire loss back in 2-3 days. Got back on track though and by the next week I had made up for it, and lost a little more! Don't let it derail you :cool:

Vlnchick
Fri, Aug-09-13, 20:13
Good for you to get right back on track! I am sure we will both encounter more than a few situations like that...as long as we keep going we'll be golden. :)

Sparkle4J
Mon, Aug-12-13, 08:39
Just dropping in to wish you a good week !

Vlnchick
Tue, Aug-13-13, 22:00
Thank you, Sparkle!
Tomorrow is my 2 week mark - I am quite pleased with my progress so far. Might stay on induction levels until I get to 180 or 185 - we'll see how I feel.

How are you doing this week?

Sparkle4J
Wed, Aug-14-13, 08:02
Congrats on two weeks done!

I'm seem to be juggling 1 pound back and forth. I did notice my pants zipped up much easier :D . I'm going to stay on induction for now too-
:wave: