PDA

View Full Version : New to Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kimluvsel
Tue, Aug-06-13, 21:25
Hello everyone, well, I''ve finally gotten around to loosing my baby weight. I have about 20 to loose and am in my second week of induction. Was hoping for more dramatic results, but I'm sure it will happen. I have a hard time not drinking, but otherwise, cravings seem to be subsiding. Anyone have any advice or errors that they've since learned are such?

Sparkle4J
Tue, Aug-06-13, 22:16
Hi and welcome! I'm new too, just completed 2nd week of induction, and 10 lbs lost - I am thrilled. Looks like you're doing a great job already - keep up the good work!

livinright
Wed, Aug-07-13, 09:47
Welcome :)

ojoj
Wed, Aug-07-13, 14:24
My advice is always DONT CHEAT - not even "a little one". If you have cravings, or if people try to make you eat stuff (the "go on, one wont hurt" brigade), DONT - have something low carb instead

Jo xxx

Carson L
Wed, Aug-07-13, 16:55
Hello, you sound like you are doing great already. My advice on drinking is that I found going for walks and drinking caffeine free tea (not at the same time : ) ) like Peppermint or fruit flavored ones has helped me for some reason. That might just be me though!

beckah54
Wed, Aug-07-13, 17:11
I'm new too and just wanted to say hello!

fitfuture
Wed, Aug-07-13, 23:09
Hi Have meals planned and snacks on hand to get you through temptations. Look at the Lc recipes to see if something you're missing or craving can be made into sugar free Lc ones. My scales don't move much but the measurements on the tape go down each week so and that keeps me motivated. Join my fitness pal or another site that you can log all your foods in to help you keep on track. I was really surprised how many carbs I was actually eating when I thought it was lower. Guessing doesn't help. If you're still hungry when you have your meals add some more fat to stop the snacking and keep you full. Other that best of luck. :D

rodmick
Thu, Aug-08-13, 05:57
:wave: Hi there!