PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out on LC. Some success but long way to go

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Carson L
Sat, Aug-03-13, 09:02
Hi All,
My name is Carson and I am just starting out on a Low Carb lifestyle.
It has been very tough as I didn't realize how addicted to carbs I am. I still dribble slightly when I walk near candy!

I have lost some weight and that has been great.

I have spent more time feeling sick than I can explain but luckily I have been reading on here and a lot of people say that is normal. I think someone explained it as healing reactions. If that is true or not I don't know but it has kept me plugging away so it was all I needed.

I probably would have given up if it wasn't for that word healing!

So I am doing OK but I slip up here and there but I can feel my health getting better and I'm losing weight.

Yay.

Hello everyone and Im happy to be here.

Carson

Elizellen
Sat, Aug-03-13, 10:14
Welcome to the board, Carson :wave: and congratulations on keeping on keeping on regardless!! :thup:

Caroxx
Sat, Aug-03-13, 10:14
Welcome Carson and congrats on your progress. I've been LCing since mid-May and, although this isn't the first time, it's the first time I've felt really successful and that this is my WOE for life. I've committed to purchases of LC staples to enjoy a variety of foods; I know I need sweets in my life, but most times I'm not very hungry and can have a few drinks once or twice a week without totally stalling. It just feels "doable" and I'll stick it!

All the best to you!

Caroxx

Carson L
Sun, Aug-04-13, 10:33
Hello, Yes it is slowly getting easier as I go along. In the future I think I may not miss all of the candy but who knows. I am quite enjoying this though really.
It is quite a challenge and it is nice to see results.
I'm not putting too much pressure on myself. I spent many years putting the weight on so I don't expect it to come off in a day.
It's fun and cool to see so many others doing to same things.

Carson

Nancy LC
Sun, Aug-04-13, 12:16
Congrats! It does get easier the longer you stay away from the bad stuff. The worst of the worst is grains, in particular, wheat!

I just repeat the word "poison" whenever I see something yummy and tempting and totally bad for me.

Welcome to the forum!