PDA

View Full Version : Hey - Newbie here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Puppy1982
Mon, Jul-29-13, 09:14
Hi.

I'm embarking on this low carb way of eating as hopefully a fix to my PCOS.

I'm 31, a mother of one, and trying for number 2 is not going well. My GP is less than helpful and repeatedly sending my away with vague promises of "lose weight and we'll see what we can do", and I lost 3 and a half stone on a VLCD and still "lose more weight". Got miserable and put it back on again.

So currently weighing in at 220lbs, or 15st 10 for those of you in UK like me.

I'm really just looking to browse around, pick up some recipes, eat well and hopefully convert my husband onto a less sugar filled diet.

I work full time permanent nightshift and have found nights to be variable regards my 'diet' resolve. Mostly because over the past two years I've formed a pattern of chcocolate, full sugar red bull and eating to stay energised. I was getting about 3-4 hours sleep a day due to part time child care, for about a week at a time.

Result is that Night shift on it's own has prompted me to gain about 1.5 stone without even trying. Which makes my PCOS worse, which manke me produce more insulin, which makes me gain more weight, which makes the PCO..... You get the picture.

I'm stopping the cycle.

I've keyed all my details into ketocalculator and will update it weekly as my weight changes.

This week, I've been working off:
1552 kcal Daily Calorie Intake
25 g Carbohydrates (6%)
80 g Protein (21%)
126 g Fat (73%)

Initially I thought I was going to struggle to fit the fat in. Not too shabby actually.

Once I'm more into the swing of it, I'll try to get into a 16/8 IF regime too.