PDA

View Full Version : Back to Low Carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

daisyell
Tue, Jul-23-13, 13:03
Hi! I did low carb in the late 1990s and got down to the perfect weight. Then work and a lot of travel worked its way in, as did a lot of desserts to console myself when on the road.

I had been doing a lot of other things, just healthier eating, yoga 5x a week, and nothing has been moving weight off. I go down some, then if I'm not hypervigilant, it creeps back up to the high I'm at now.

so back to low carb. My brother has esophageal cancer and is doing a strict ketogenic diet, and it got me thinking about how much success I had before on low carb and it's been the only thing that has ever worked really, really well. I just got tired of eating so much meat, but now I have a lot of good options instead of being so beef-rich.

so I'm excited to get started. On second day of induction and feeling less lethargy than yesterday, I didn't bonk during yoga today as bad as yesterday, and here's hoping tomorrow is excellent!

livinright
Tue, Jul-23-13, 13:25
Welcome :)

Caroxx
Tue, Jul-23-13, 13:25
Welcome and best of luck! A couple of threads I'm on are "Lose 5 lbs challenge #204) - number changes every time a member finishes their 5 lb loss and we move on to the next challenge. The other is "To goal weight this year 2013" (or some such title) - I've just joined in as I would love to be on maintenance by the end of the year. OR setting another goal!

Caroxx