PDA

View Full Version : Duo this together

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GabbyOne
Sat, Jul-13-13, 17:18
Hi my husband and I started Atkins on July 4th 2013
We were on Atkins in 2000 and collectively lost 150 lbs
So, put that back on and more, so we have started again.
I must say, its easier when the household is on the same page. No extra cooking things not on program.
I also know its important to have items on hand that you can eat, and ready
available. I always cook extra meats, so leftovers can go on salads.
And about the sweet tooth, There is whipped cream turned in to ice cream jello, yogurt, cheesecake, plenty of items to satisfy the craving.
So, good luck to all who are on this journey, hope to see LESS of you!!!
Get it, lose weight, less of you, I crack me up!

becky7474
Sun, Jul-14-13, 06:10
:lol:
Welcome! :wave:

Chantel30
Sun, Jul-14-13, 08:18
Hi Gabbyone.

tigerLady2
Sun, Jul-14-13, 16:04
Hi GabbyOne,
Nice to meet you :)
Glad you and your husband are able to do this together! You are right, it makes it SO much easier if everyone in the household is on the same page.

GabbyOne
Fri, Jul-19-13, 07:44
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE Well, been on phase one for 2 weeks and happy to report, I have lost 12 lbs!! I have a sciatic nerve problem, and have to use a walker, cuz, my left leg buckles at times, so i don't get to the kitchen as often, and probably could have lost more if I was able to walk. But I am not discouraged, I just pray the back and leg Gods, heal my pain. And a shout out to my wonderful husband, who for the last 6 weeks has gone over a above helping me.

peauk
Fri, Jul-19-13, 09:25
well done on your 12 pounds loss :)

GabbyOne
Sat, Jul-20-13, 10:49
Thank you for your encouragement.

Sparkle4J
Tue, Jul-23-13, 08:36
Congrats to both of you for starting again! My DH and I are re-starting this journey too. Awesome results -
two thumbs up! :thup: :thup: