PDA

View Full Version : Back again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

geobom
Sat, Jul-13-13, 07:56
I am determined to stick with the LC WOE this time around. Today is day 1 after coming off of the low fat high carb roller coaster. I just feel so sluggish with the old plan. I seem to always stick with the LC plan for a few months, go off it altogether, get disgusted with myself and start low fat diets again for a few months, then back to LC again. This has been going on for over 10 years now. Since reaching 50, my weight loss efforts have stalled.

livinright
Sat, Jul-13-13, 08:13
Welcome :)
Do you know why you go off after a couple of months? A little pro-active trouble shooting might help you stay on plan this time around.

Alicia09
Sat, Jul-13-13, 09:08
LC is difficult to stick with, so I completely understand how and why you go off after a while. Especially if you hit a plateau. Those are extremely discouraging and hard to work through.

Maybe coming here will help you keep your focus! That's what I'm hoping for, as well.
Good luck to you!

kevsmama
Sun, Jul-14-13, 22:58
I have done the same thing, I find it hard to stay on the plan. My problem is that I have to keep my carbs under 20 a day or I gain weight and feel horrible. This to me is very limiting-cant have any fruit nuts or higher carb vegies. This time though I am really going to stick with it. Last time was for my family and this time it is for me. If you are doing this for you I believe you can do it and keep the weight off.