PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Alice D
Fri, Jul-12-13, 20:31
Hi! I'm Alice. :wave: Happy to meet you all and looking forward to exchanging info and support. I've had in this order: stomach ulcer, endometriosis, chronic fatigue, figromyalgia and now hypothyroid. Due to all the drugs I have been on in the past that totally messed me up, after cleansing I now try to stick to as natural as I can and I eat as clean as I can. Find that processed foods/soy etc make me sicker. I firmly believe that all these ailments are related, one led to the other. I'm doing pretty well on this protocol until lately (last 6 mos) when I've been on Synthroid. I feel worse. So, I'm looking for others who are dealing with any or all of these issues. Perhaps we can help each other. :help:
Alice :)

bkloots
Sat, Jul-13-13, 07:25
According to Dr. Davis, author of Wheat Belly, just about every disease known to humanity can be cured by totally eliminating wheat from the diet. :lol:

Clearly, I'm exaggerating. But I do recommend the book to you.

Eat real food: meat, eggs, vegetables, oils and fats
Don't eat wheat, starchy vegetables, sugar in any form

That's a good start on a healthy diet, and the rest is details. Stick around here and enjoy the conversation, information, and inspiration.

Best wishes.

livinright
Sat, Jul-13-13, 08:14
Welcome Alice :)

Alice D
Sat, Jul-13-13, 18:16
Thank you. I've read Wheat Belly and also listened to some interviews with Dr. Davis on various podcasts; very impressed with him and, he has influenced me as far as my diet goes. I went off wheat/gluten for a few months and felt a lot better. Then, we travelled and I found it too difficult so fell off the wheat wagon. Back on it now, though.