PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new (obvi)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

caitsith
Mon, Jul-01-13, 07:20
Hi all, doing the obligatory newb post. :) Just started Atkins 3 or 4 weeks ago. I have lost approximately 10lbs thus far. I have been at a dead standstill for the past week fluctuating between 2 or 3 lbs. =< I neeeeeeeed you guys! Yay for support forums ^_^

p.s I still have 45 lbs to go >.<

Caroxx
Mon, Jul-01-13, 07:27
10 lbs in such a short time is GREAT! Don't be discouraged, weight loss isn't linear. Just continue eating LC and it will come off! Try not weighing, perhaps weigh only one day per week. As long as you're following the rules of your method, it will work. All the best,

Caroxx

ziggy711
Mon, Jul-01-13, 19:38
Hello Caitsith! 10 pounds is awesome! I have 30 to go myself although I'm short and could probably stand to lose 45 :blush: we'll see when I get to 130!

Eliminating artificial sugars helped me a lot -- I don't drink diet pop, chew gum, or use breath mints anymore and if I take any medicinal stuff I make sure there is no hidden sweetener in it. For some reason I could do artificial sweetener the first time I did Atkins with no ill effects, then subsequent times it really got me off track. Just in case that might help you!

Nice to meet you, good luck! You are doing great so far :)

caitsith
Tue, Jul-02-13, 07:15
Thanks for the encouragement guys! ^_^ I'm happy to have met you ^_^

~ziggy - yeah I don't like the artificial sweeteners =< they taste icky to me :P I just use whipped cream ^_^