PDA

View Full Version : HELP w candida treatment for me & 13 yr old daughter

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tamidallas
Thu, Jun-06-13, 15:22
Hey there! I have been fighting candida for over 20 years...and just now realize why I feel ill. Every symptom possible for candida, I have.. in addition to nausea every evening..it's suddenly showing up all over, from aching joints, to eczema

My daughter who is 13 has been fighting it since she was 6 weeks old after receiving intravenous antibiotics for an infection followed by 2 years of oral antibiotics due to strep and ear infections. She and I are planning to go through this together.

Here's where I stand.
1-I've just implemented a no sugar, no wheat or grain diet.
2-I've begun taking good probiotics daily
3-Within a couple days I'll start taking an RX antifungal and plan to continue that for several weeks

I need help is getting through this process. I expect but am nervous about the die off symptoms, especially for my daughter. I already feel quite ill and don't want to overwhelm my organs. She doesn't feel bad, she just craves all the wrong things and is about 40lbs over weight. I'm having trouble finding a reputable source online and don't have a local holistic doctor that I trust.

Any suggestions? I kinda need my hand held.