PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

doc0316
Thu, May-30-13, 14:08
I jumped back on the wagon 3 months ago, and have now lost 54 lbs (whew, where did it all go?) I have a LONG way to go yet to meet my goal.

This is like the fourth time that I have started/re-started the Atkins plan. I have been utilizing the new Frozen Atkins meals, bars, and shakes quite a bit this time. Adding these to my arsenal is helping me I think.

In the past, I would start getting bored and trying foods that are supposed to be low carb, even though I knew they would stall me out. Then I ended up getting frustrated because the scale wouldn't move at all, and then I would hop off of the wagon.

What do you all do to keep it fresh, while also avoiding things that make you stall out?

Thanks,
doc

becky7474
Fri, May-31-13, 07:20
Welcome back! :wave:

bkloots
Fri, May-31-13, 11:25
Wow. 54 lbs. in 3 months. You must be doing something right!

Sounds like you depend a lot on packaged or processed foods, low-carb stuff included. Long-term commitment to low-carb usually means focusing on fresh foods--meats, veggies, and fats (oils, butter, cheese). And that might mean learning a bit of preparation skill. Not that much.

For instance, how hard is it to scramble an egg with a little butter and cheese and dump it over half an avocado? Great breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Microwave some bacon and you've got a feast.

Keep in mind that even people not on low-carb eat fairly routine and "boring" diets. Same stuff over and over. All you have to do is find the "same stuff" you like that meets the low-carb standard. Easy, huh?