PDA

View Full Version : N00b here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ktbrew
Fri, May-24-13, 18:33
Hi all! I am a n00b to this forum. Thanks for having it. Today is day 11 of Induction on the Atkins diet.

Yopaulie
Sun, May-26-13, 08:18
How is induction going? Feeling better yet? Took me two full weeks before I got over the shock of quitting carbs cold turkey.

ktbrew
Sun, May-26-13, 11:48
Hi Yopaulie, Thanks for posting :)
Today is day 13 I believe and I am doing pretty well. I do feel a bit better. Yesterday was the first time that I ate out while on Induction and I was successful. So much so that my ketosis was large versus moderate like before.

Made a trip to whole foods and got a lot of great stuff to supplement my meal plan for this week and I am determined to stick with it.

What stage are you at??

Yopaulie
Mon, May-27-13, 07:36
I just finished up 4 weeks of being pretty loyal to the induction program. I had a couple cheats here and there but never took a bite of sugar. Now I am planning on adding a few things back into my diet, but still no sugar.

Keep up your great work!

ktbrew
Mon, May-27-13, 13:25
I just finished up 4 weeks of being pretty loyal to the induction program. I had a couple cheats here and there but never took a bite of sugar. Now I am planning on adding a few things back into my diet, but still no sugar.

Keep up your great work!

Congratulations ~ 4 weeks!! That's tremendous. I'd actually like to keep doing it til I just can't anymore. Yesterday and the day before were great days. I started back eating a lil more than I have been before and I feel good. Getting my appetite back a bit.

I went to Fairway Markets and got some sugar free items, however, I made a sugar free cheesecake last night and I am not liking the after taste of the Stevia. Yuck! Glad to know that I can make a great cheesecake, BUT I may just hold off on those kinda goodies for a long while.

Walden Farms has a whole line of sugar free things, and they aren't expensive. Got quite a few things, just trying to come up with a good way of mixing them in with my regular meals.

Hoping to work out today. if not at the park, I will do a work out at the house and fulfill my commitment to do at least a half hour work out everyday.