PDA

View Full Version : Waddap

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dandgt
Wed, May-15-13, 09:58
Dear everyone,

lately i've done some research about cutting carbs so the body will use fats for energy instead of carbs, the so called ketogenic state, which brought me to this forum. The reason I would like to try this is for a more constant energy-level, instead of the highs and lows experienced form a carb-burning body. The only thing i'm worried about though is losing weight/muscle. Every article i've encountered so far discusses a ketogenic state in terms of a way to lose weight fast. My goal, however, is to gain weight. So my question to you is:

Am I in the right place if I want to keep gaining weight and improve muscle?

Thanks in advance for your insights.

JEY100
Thu, May-16-13, 07:52
Dear everyone,

lately i've done some research about cutting carbs so the body will use fats for energy instead of carbs, the so called ketogenic state, which brought me to this forum. The reason I would like to try this is for a more constant energy-level, instead of the highs and lows experienced form a carb-burning body. The only thing i'm worried about though is losing weight/muscle. Every article i've encountered so far discusses a ketogenic state in terms of a way to lose weight fast. My goal, however, is to gain weight. So my question to you is:

Am I in the right place if I want to keep gaining weight and improve muscle?

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Welcome. You may want to research more into the Paleo or Primal versions of a low carb diet. Mark Sisson had a good summary on gaining weight and muscle: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/what-if-i-dont-want-to-lose-weight/#axzz2TSnCJBhv