PDA

View Full Version : Atkins for a week and no weight loss

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mandycarb
Sun, May-12-13, 10:45
Hi I need help here. I have been on induction for a week now and haven't lost a pound and no inches either. I did Atkins before and lost loads so I'm sure I'm doing it correctly. It could be that I'm 36 now so things have slowed but no loss surely can't be right. Can someone look at what I eat and tell me where I'm going wrong pleeeeease.
Breakfast - nothing never have been able to stomach food in the morning
Lunch - 2 eggs and some bacon or some ham
Supper - salad and a steak or chops or burgers (no buns obviously) and half an Avocado
About 1 litre water per day
I still have coffee as I can't bear to give it up but I have it black with no sweetener
That's it
What's going on

Current weight is 157.5 pounds and height is 5.7 inched. I'm female and 36 years old
I do a bit of exercise maybe 30 mon walk 3 times per week but am active at home running after little one non stop.

bkloots
Sun, May-12-13, 11:02
I'd simply suggest patience. A week is a tiny increment of your life, especially as compared with the training needed to establish low-carb as a permanent lifestyle--which you will have to do if you hope to maintain the weight loss you eventually achieve.

Hang in there. In fact, you might consider eating MORE. Your menu sounds pretty skimpy. Use a tracker to establish basic levels of protein, fat, and carbs (5% or so), and plan your menus accordingly.

Best wishes.

Lorreen
Sun, May-12-13, 11:20
I would eat more as well. Even a salad in the morning would be better than nothing. You should exercise as well

Nancy LC
Sun, May-12-13, 11:58
Keep tabs on the inches, sometimes those come off before the pounds.

You might also want to try to eat a bit more if you can. I don't see anything wrong with skipping breakfast. Lots of folks here use Intermittent fasting or just eat between certain hours every day.

Also, I think your level of activity is fine, given your daily life is probably very active.

But maybe try to get in a few more calories at the two meals you do eat.

Susann
Mon, May-13-13, 07:16
I'd suggest eating more, too. It doesn't sound like you're getting in enough calories so your body is holding on to what it has for dear life! Also, you might want to reread the NDR. Even though I'd done Atkins before and was very successful with it, there were several things I came across when I reread it that I'd forgotten.

ziggy711
Mon, May-13-13, 08:01
Hi Mandycarb,
I lost amazingly well the first time on Atkins and never quite achieved the same success again as that first time. The only thing I did different the first time was I did actually quit coffee completely. But even with coffee, I kept trying and the weight would come off, it was just a little more stubborn. The others' advice for more food is good, your metabolism needs more to work with. I found that artificial sweeteners were fine my first time and totally derailed my diet in later attempts. Possibly more water too may help.

Good luck!
:)