PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Challenge

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Libbyfcr
Tue, May-21-02, 09:49
Challenge Week 13

Okay..... this is our 13th week. We have been doing a challenge each and every week for more than three months. I would like to change our plan just slightly and have one continuous thread. We can state the week we are on within the Subject line of this thread.

So..... in light of a new week, a new thread, and a new life.... would you all like to give us an update on how this Low Carb Way Of Life is working for you? How has the last 13 weeks treated you?

:wave: Libby

Libbyfcr
Wed, May-22-02, 09:39
I feel FANTASTIC!!

AND.... I get to toot my own horn this morning. I am two pounds lighter than yesterday! Go figure. All I can say is that maybe it is because I am just getting past my TOM and maybe I saved up for the Whoosh Fairy who delighted me with a visit last night. Usually my losses are a slow and predictable half pound at a time which is just fine. This was a nice surprise.

I recently bought a book on vitamins and supplements. Haven't read much of it yet but I need to learn more about what I am taking and what I should be taking.

How about ya'll? What kinds of supplements are you taking and in what amounts? This will make for an interesting discussion.

Best wishes,

Gracia_30
Wed, May-22-02, 11:53
Hi girls,

Well I made it in. Completely forgot to come post my meals (haven't been back for a while and I need to get into the swing of things)

Yesterday's meals:

BR: 2 pieaces of LC bread with sugar free PB and 2 coffees.

L: 1 vegetable springroll with s/s sauce and 1 potato and leek soup.

D: 1 pork chop with brussel sprouts and french fries. 1/2 glass of diet sparkling fruit water.

I wasn't supposed to have fries with dinner and ended up cheating cause I was really hungry. Today is going better. Although my same problem occurs every time... I need to drink more water.

That's it for today...

BASpider
Wed, May-22-02, 21:51
Week 13 and we've survived, sort of. :)

I have shingles. I've had them off and on for about 20 years and am in the middle of a new ongoing outbreak. I've got about 6 spots and a new one coming, so my leg is starting to hurt again. I also have an excema-like outbreak on my eyelid, and some sort of rash thing on my left arm, that's not gone away for nearly a year. I'm starting to think it's all allergy related. I'm thinking food is triggering all of this crap! So, today I started an elimination diet. I'm going to try to keep it CALP legal, but no guarantees on that.

I guess perimenopause is here, too. I bet this resembles whining. Anyhow, that's why I've been kinda scarce.

Still at 126, sigh.

animaldoc
Thu, May-23-02, 07:29
I wasn't very good for all 13 weeks, but I've been REALLY strict for the last 3-and it's coming off again!

-animaldoc :wave:

SummerSlim
Thu, May-23-02, 12:33
And it's going pretty well for me. I have lost a total of about 5 lbs. And though I've been tempted to do the Fat Flush for a jump start to lose more weight, I'm going to stick with this plan for a while, until I reach a definite plateau, while following all the rules, because to be honest.....

I'm not drinking enough water, yes, I know, I know, I need to!

I'm not doing any of the options (other than exercise, I do that, at least!)

And although I've read CALP, I much prefer CAD, and I don't like to always eat a salad before my RM, and I haven't really been balancing my portions.

It's amazing that I lose at all, whew. I was honest there.

Let's see. I'll check in on the eating front.

Yesterday-Wed-It was TOM, and I was hungry all day, I just remember I reaaaaly cheated, I'm not posting what I ate yesterday.

Today

B: Egg & Sausage (from McD's no biscuit, but it looked mighty good-ok I tore a little scrap of the biscuit, and it wasn't even that good)

L: Salad bar at the grocery....Greek Salad, Feta, Tomatoes, etc. Marinated mushrooms, yum! Cauliflour, pepperoni, eggs, bacon bits, ranch, and
yummmy iced tea (from the Starbucks stand)

D: Probably making spagetti and meat sauce, with yes, SALAD, and some veggies. Dessert, hot tea with cream, and some chocolate biscuits from Godiva, mmmm!

BASpider
Fri, May-24-02, 15:22
I've made a few discoveries. I can't eat chicken. Seems like everytime I eat chicken, I either stall or gain.

I'm tweaking CALP with the Blood Type Diet, and I think it just might work for me. According to my Blood type, there are certain foods I should avoid, and chicken is one to avoid. I'm going to give it a couple of weeks. This is day 2 and I feel so much better, mentally and physically.

Libbyfcr
Mon, May-27-02, 17:05
Week 14
Can you believe it? Week fourteen. It is Monday already and time for me to check in. First of all I haven't even sat down at my puter in about four days. I deleted tons of mail. eewww.

Anyway...... my weekly averages gave me a loss of 1.8 pounds. I am tickled.

I have a wierd thing going on with my clothes. Most of them are too big! How about that? I have never had this problem before! HA! Well, I have cleaned out my dresser drawers again and am down to the essentials. I think I really like this! I have had to buy new underthings too. Cool eh?

Today I am going to BBQ pork tenderloins which are currently marinading. (grate two lime peels, two tbsp honey, two tbsp oil and mix.... then thinly slice fresh garlic and insert into little slits in the meat... then marinade, wrap in foil and cook on the grill) I am going to throw together a big salad too. I don't want to heat up my kitchen today so this will be supper.

I hope all is well with you and I hope ya'll check in.

Have an enjoyable Memorial Day.
best wishes,
Libby

BASpider
Mon, May-27-02, 20:54
I've been exhausted today, fine yesterday, exhausted the day before. This has been going on for over a week. I think it might be the new chromium I got a bit over a week ago. It's not the same as I was using and I've had a heck of a time narrowing it down. I'm cutting them out from here on. Hope that does it. I haven't been remembering to take it everyday, so am not postive that's it. I remembered to take it today. We'll see.

Nice to be ungrowing all your clothes Libby. You're doing great!

animaldoc
Tue, May-28-02, 08:15
Getting really frustrated again........

Realized I'd had a few "hidden carbs" last week, probably explaining my slow loss (0.5 lb). Grr. Went to a party yesterday and the chief of staff at our hospital insisted that I have a margarita (I was trying to wait until the food was ready at the cookout so I would be in my hour)....grr.....at least I was able to dodge dessert!

I'm also worried that I won't be able to lose this time since it is my third time on the diet....I didn't have any problem a year ago, but this time I'm sticking with it for the long term.

I am really tired of this extra weight! My clothes are tight-I need to shed some before I go on vacation in August, or I'll have to buy all new clothes (we have to dress for dinner) and I'v egot no $$ for that.........

Whine, complain-sorry guys.....

Libbyfcr
Tue, May-28-02, 12:27
Went to a party yesterday and the chief of staff at our hospital insisted that I have a margarita

Why is it that people cannot take "NO" for an answer? We should just be able to say "No thank you." and that should be the end of it. Makes me mad. Darn it all.

I have solved my cost of clothing problem.....

Today I bought four short sleave shirts for $1. each. Local thrift store.... what can I say. They all look new, as I am picky and wouldn't buy them otherwise......and I am going to wear them to work. So what if I "shrink" out of them...... they were inexpensive. Sometimes I find things that are new and still have the original price tags on em.

All is well with me.......

Later,

SummerSlim
Wed, May-29-02, 06:42
All is well in the world of CAD, I've still lost and kept off 5 lbs. But my new goals are to...

1) Switch to CALP gradually

2) Start run/walking 15 miles per week, in addition to my 3-4X working out at the gym.

Always take my ThermoTropic weight loss supplements, to avoid constipation (sorry to be graphic, but i had an awful stomach ache this morning, and I don't want that again!)

animaldoc
Wed, May-29-02, 14:20
I TRIED really hard to say no- (I'll have one in a second, I drove DH here etc.) but nobody would listen! One day I'll just SCREAM and then they'll all think I've lost my mind! :lol:

Part of the problem is that people don't think I need to be serious about losing weight.....they say "you don't need to diet." BUT my clothes don't fit that I wore last year-and there's no good reason for that! I guess it's good that my body type "hides" extra weight well......

BASpider
Wed, May-29-02, 14:32
Animaldoc, too bad you don't get mean when you drink. They'd quit offering once you knocked them on their butt!

I think I may have found one of the foods that's been causing my problems. Red Wine vinegar. I feel just like I've been drinking red wine, rather hung over.

Libbyfcr
Fri, May-31-02, 01:45
I am sneaking up on 50 pounds lost. I was moving 50 pound bags of dog food today and OMG..... they were SOOOO heavy. Gosh...... I use to wear that 50 pounds day and night every where I went. No wonder my feet and my legs ached. Ugh.
-------------------------

I guess it's good that my body type "hides" extra weight well......

Interesting quote. It is exactly what I have always thought and said about myself. Now that I am able to look back from a different point of view I think I was just trying to fool myself when I said that. I think I am always heavier than anyone would guess. Maybe that means I "hide" the extra weight well. But ya know what? There was no way I could hide an extra 60 pounds!

Doc.... this is in no way meant to reflect on you. It just hit me.... because it is EXACTLY what I have always said to myself. I think I was just deceiving myself, or trying to.

Interesting, the things we learn about ourselves.........

Later,

animaldoc
Fri, May-31-02, 09:06
I can certainly see a difference when I lose the 20lbs that I am currently carrying around, but it seems that others can't? (Well, my mother, but that's anoter story). Maybe everyone else is just being nice......

Does anyone else ever play that game at the State Fair where the guy tries to guess your age, weight or birthmonth? They have to guess your weight within 10 lbs. I always played it as a kid and ALWAYS won the prize because I was usually 20lbs heavier than they guessed. Even when I was in highschool and thin (I was a competitive swimmer). That's what I mean by being able to "hide" the weight...........

BASpider
Fri, May-31-02, 10:05
Hiding weight - lucky you! I went to see a friend at her place of employment. She said, "Have you put on weight?" Yes, 3 pounds. That was years and years ago.

When I started to gain weight with my first pregnancy, I got SO much crap from my sister, then dh would NOT touch me. It was horrible. My mother and sisters all got very busy and lost weight. For the first time I outweighed all of them. The people in my family say nasty things behind your back and someone takes it on themself to tell you. The nastier the better! My younger sister will make up something you supposedly said about someone and tell them. Yesterday I realized I've become the bitter angry woman my mother has always been, I hate it!

A woman was killed in a car wreck Wednesday. I dated her son for 4 years. His family came before the relationship and it died due to lack of attention. When I first read about the wreck, did I feel sympathy for him and his family? Nope, just a nasty - so now you're free. This morning, I don't know if I feel worse for him and his family, or for the person I seem to have lost - me. I just feel very sad.

Libbyfcr
Sat, Jun-01-02, 23:37
. When I first read about the wreck, did I feel sympathy for him and his family? Nope, just a nasty - so now you're free. This morning, I don't know if I feel worse for him and his family, or for the person I seem to have lost - me. I just feel very sad.

You are human, just like the rest of us. Sad? sure.......... for what could have been and what was lost.
-------------------

Doesn't seem quite appropriate to talk about my weight and things that are more superficial when something like what has happened to Spider are talked about. I wish I had the right words to say........ but I don't. Guess I am not very eloquent.

:there:
Libby

BASpider
Sun, Jun-02-02, 11:11
Libby,
The sadness is gone and the relief that the relationship DIDN'T happen is here in full force. I feel very sorry for that family, but am so glad to be a part of the family I have now.

Now check in with your progress. :)

Our anniversary was yesterday - 4 years. I'm so glad I married this wonderful man. His parents were here and we had such fun. I'm up 2 pounds, but that's ok. It'll go right away.

Libbyfcr
Sun, Jun-02-02, 19:30
I am hanging in there.......... doing well and eating right.

My weight is up a pound, down a pound, up half, down two, up a pound............ geesh............ wish it was a consistant week, but I am sure I will show a little bit of a loss when I do my averages tomorrow.

I sometimes have cramps in my calves that wake me up in the middle of the night. They are not as bad since I have been consistantly taking my potassium and vitamins. Anyone else have that problem? Cramps in your legs? I use to get them pre-Low Carb but I have noticed that they were worse after I started LC and then tapered off when I started my Vitamins. Hurts like the devil and then I rub my legs and stretch them until it goes away.

Got a swimsuit magazine in the mail today. I actually feel like I COULD wear some of those thangs!! wooooooooooo woooooooooo.

I want to thank you all for your support. I know that we are strangers and that we probably will never meet, but you have given me support in a way that nobody that I know could ever do.
I appreciate you all.

Libby :wave:

BASpider
Sun, Jun-02-02, 19:45
Mine have been doing that, too. Make sure to take enough potassium and magnesium. Ofcourse calcium, too.

The support here is great. Wouldn't have made it this far without it. I've been off plan for the last 2 days and am really retaining lots of water. Tomorrow back to low carb!

Libbyfcr
Sun, Jun-02-02, 19:55
Make sure to take enough potassium and magnesium. Ofcourse calcium, too.

I take all of these.

I just bought a book and need to read it! It's all about Vitamins, ya know......... the what, where, and how muches........ stuff like that.

Must run,
Libby

BASpider
Sun, Jun-02-02, 20:01
I was shocked at how much potassium a person needs. Make sure to get enough.

animaldoc
Mon, Jun-03-02, 05:56
And down a pound.....need to change my stats sometime. It's probably also due to the fact that I was on an Emergency/ICU rotation and didn't have time to BREATHE last week.....

4 weeks left here and then we're moving to Cleveland! Dreading the move but happy to leave here!

Libbyfcr
Tue, Jun-04-02, 09:19
Cleveland hu? Are you very familiar with it? I have been to Lansing Mich. Spent a summer there once. It was beautiful. Thats about as far East as this West coast girl has ever been. I remember the Mullberries being as big as my thumb and very yummy! What a pretty area.

Congrats on that pound lost!!

Libby :wave:

BASpider
Tue, Jun-04-02, 13:03
There's all sorts of moving tips online. I made a notebook that is special for our move. We have at least 8 weeks before we do it. I've got some things packed, the boxes are inventoried and labeled. The inventory is in the notebook. I've been doing a bit of packing, cleaning, and reading email. I'm not in a hurry cause dh hasn't been officially offered the job. They plan to make the official offer in August, but darn that's close.

Good luck.

Libbyfcr
Thu, Jun-06-02, 14:10
Our thread got quiet. Hope all is well with everyone.

I am doing great. Weight is about the same. I might be slowing down on my weight loss now that I am getting closer to goal. I also haven't been under 150 for so long that my body probably wants to hang on to every little ounce that it can. I am just going to continue with the way I eat and work on being healthy...... the weight will come off... eventually. That is good enough for me.

Went to the health food store today. First time in a long time. Funny.... now that I am looking healthy and am at a normal weight I feel like I actually belong in the health food store. I remember the first time I went in there. I was at my heaviest. Do you think they were very interested in helping me? Heck no. Today I had ALL kinds of helpers.

Anyway... I bought a new bottle of GTF Chromium and a bottle of Magnesium/Potassium/Calcium. I had to get it at the health food store in order to find Potassium without Zinc in it. I already get Zinc in my Multivitamin. I am slowly learning what Vitamins and Minerals I should be taking. Read, Read, Read!!

Later,

BASpider
Thu, Jun-06-02, 20:08
Seems to me the HFS would be more interested in the person that looked clueless on health issues. You must be looking like you've got a handle on life now. You looked like you needed help before. Do they need lessons in customer service? silly people

Hey, I'm cold today, so the weight will be down soon (d'ya hear that weight??? Come on DOWN!)

Libbyfcr
Tue, Jun-11-02, 00:53
I am just going to continue with the way I eat and work on being healthy...... the weight will come off... eventually. That is good enough for me.

I have changed my mind in the last few days. This is NOT good enough for me. I am going to work hard at loosing the rest of the weight that I KNOW I should be living without.

Okay..... weekly average. I didn't do very well. I came in nearly exactly the same as the week before. No gain, no loss.

I DO think I have figured out a few things about how I have been eating and I need to be careful to stick to the CALP plan to the letter and I am sure I will get rid of the extra weight.

How are ya'll? Check in and let us know how you are doing on your weekly challenge..... because it is time for .....................

Libbyfcr
Tue, Jun-11-02, 00:56
Week 15 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

BASpider
Tue, Jun-11-02, 12:09
I've been so off plan! I do want this weight off and know that this is about the only way I've ever gotten the weight off.

I know that as a slim, trim person, I won't act any dumber than I do now. I won't dress or behave inappropriately due to my weight. Just because I'm slim and trim, doesn't make me much different than I am now, mentally. EXCEPT I don't have to be ticked at myself cause I'm overweight.

I think the red wine vinegar is nearly out of my system. I accidentally ate some cow's milk yogurt and that's still working it's way out of my system. I'm still having sinus problems from it.

Yesterday I wanted to eat carrots and yogurt all day (my homemade goat's milk plain yogurt) so that's what I did. Bit heavy on the fiber! That's very off plan! I've had some more yogurt today. I've had some nasty skin problems and thought perhaps yogurt will help get rid of them. Think it's been that red wine vinegar all along. My skin is slowly clearing, and it's such a relief!

I had no idea menopause would be like having PMS every couple of days. Water retention, oversensitive to external stimulus. Hope DH doesn't have me shot! :)

I know this woe is keeping me from gaining weight, now to climb back on. But I want to eat my yogurt.

Is this the time for us all to recommit, and tighten our plan?

tigerww
Tue, Jun-11-02, 13:59
Hi everyone! I'm new to low-carb eating, and to this forum. This looks like an great thread. I hope no one minds if I join in.

I've been doing CALP for 4 weeks now. I've lost ten pounds and feel super. The only sad part is that it took me so long to find this WOE. Having tried Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, and other diets, I know now that the reason I couldn't stick with them for more than two weeks was that my carb addiction made me feel hungry all the time. :(

Next week, we are going to a family wedding in Ann Arbor, MI, and then I'll be visiting my parents in NYC. I'm sure that it will be difficult to stay on the plan while travelling, and would love to hear what has worked for you.

Thanks, and happy low-carbing! :yum:

BASpider
Tue, Jun-11-02, 14:15
Of course you can join! Welcome!

What works for me for travel is I stay away from sugary things mostly and don't beat myself up when I get home if I wasn't perfectly on plan. Life happens, ya know? I don't use it as an excuse to binge, and don't stress out over any of it. The basics of this plan is knowing which vegetables and which proteins we can have an abundance of. Look at what you can have, not what you can't. You're doing great with a 10 pound loss already. Just hang in there and do what you can to stay on plan. Tighten it up when you get home.

Beverley

Libbyfcr
Wed, Jun-12-02, 10:56
Good Morning!

WELL..... I am still holding at 146. Funny thing..... every time I go to write my weigh in's in my journal I think of myself as being 156. I still cannot believe I am under 150. Just haven't seen it in years.

Welcome to the crowd Tiger. I am so very glad that you have found CALP and that it is working for you. Remember, down the road, to incorporate the Options for Life. Makes a big difference for many of us.

When you go to Ann Arbor take your book with you. My first outing like that was difficult not because of finding the right foods but because of trying to explain my diet to everyone and their dog. Many people just do not get it and although I had read my book MANY times it was hard for me to explain exactly how it works. Now I don't even bother. I tell people that I live on a slightly lower carbohydrate diet and that I have cut a lot of sugary things out of my diet. End of Story.

Do you have a journal? I hope so.... :D ...... if not..... get one! Track EVERYTHING that is relevant to you. Even your moods or situation with your trip. Then you can look back down the road and see what works great and what needs to be changed. Do your weekly weigh ins....... and let us know how you are doing!

Catch ya'll later......

tigerww
Wed, Jun-12-02, 12:48
Thanks Libby & Beverly for the helpful suggestions and support. :) I haven't been journaling--it hasn't seemed necessary--but I think its a great idea for the trip, where it will be hard to stick strictly to the WOE.

Regarding the Options for Life, I'm already doing several of them. The less-caffeine option was a no-brainer for me, as I have been avoiding caffeine for years (it keeps me up at night). I've also been excercising 5-6 times weekly for 30-60 minutes. I do walking and bicycling outdoors, and weights and treadmill at the gym. I believe the exercise, along with the diet, is key to my rapid (so far) weight loss.

Finally, Libby, I know something of how you feel. Just today I was marvelling at the somewhat-slimmer me. I tried on some older clothes, and was pleased that a couple of them now fit me again. The fact that most of them are still quite a bit too tight reminded me of the need to keep with the plan! :p

Hope your week goes well.

BASpider
Wed, Jun-12-02, 23:08
Oh, I hadn't journaled in a week and boy I've paid the price! Off plan. I've been trying to talk myself into or out of getting back on plan. This morning I woke up HOT HOT HOT! Hmmmm OMG, that's right. A dr on TV said to prevent hot flashes go low carb! I'm back on! There are some things in life I refuse to have. One was morning sickness, the other is hot flashes! I know, two different age groups there, but I'm a determined person.

I wonder sometimes which is more important, journaling or drinking water? I can look back over the years to see what's working and why I'm doing something. I wrote in my journal about spilling vinegar on my supper, then recorded the symptoms I had from it. If memory goes, it's written down so I can review it. I also don't dare add salt to food, it tends to increase my appetite.

Enjoy your trip Tiger.

Beverley

Libbyfcr
Thu, Jun-13-02, 12:02
I wonder sometimes which is more important, journaling or drinking water?

Hmmm............. I imagine that if I were deprived of both of these things I would probably search for my water before my journal........... but I would have to think about it first! LOL

Libby :D

BASpider
Thu, Jun-13-02, 18:39
You can count me as officially recommitted! I may or may not be a full fledged carb addict, I doubt if I am. This woe works for me though. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

tigerww
Sun, Jun-23-02, 19:12
Hi everyone!

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I used them, largely stuck with the plan (with the notable exception of the wedding day itself, which I felt was hopeless), and had a really great trip. Despite consuming a few "extras", I actually lost a pound while travelling!!! :D

Some notes that may be helpful: Since I was mostly eating out, I either skipped breakfast or had an omelet and coffee. Lunch was almost invariably a big salad with some cheese. Dinners were often nice meals with dessert in fancy restaurants. The key for them was to order a salad, not eat the bread or potatoes, and save the carbs for dessert. Knowing that I had a "treat" coming, I could hold off on the other stuff. I also drank much less wine with dinner than I used to (1/2 a glass instead of 1-2 large glasses).

Thanks again! I'm recharged and ready to keep at it.

Best wishes,

Tiger

Libbyfcr
Tue, Jun-25-02, 11:31
I do believe we are on week 17.

I am sorry I haven't kept up well. I have been so busy and am not getting any time on the internet.

Last week I had a weekly average loss of .3 of a pound.
This week I showed a weekly average loss of 1.3 which made me a little happier. :) Basically I have been bouncing back and forth within a few pound range. I think it is getting much harder now that I am closer to goal.

How are ya'll? Everyone sticking with the program? I hope all is well with you and yours.

Libby

Libbyfcr
Mon, Jul-01-02, 12:44
HAPPY JULY................ WEEK 18

Well I can certainly see that everyone has been as busy as I have.

Today is Monday, July 1st.........and I did my averages today. I am down exactly one pound. One little pound. Well........ one pound at a time suits me just fine.

I am enjoying my new body. I feel 10 years younger and hope to think that I look it too. Well.......... maybe 5? I cut my hair last week. Took 6 inches off of it. It is much curlier now that the weight is gone. Someone at work told me that I look younger because of it. Made me feel good!

I hope that all is well with all of you CALPers and that you are managing to keep your spirits up while you are walking down the path to your own wellbeing. My path has been difficult and confusing at times......... but right now I am walking through the flowers.

Be well,
Libby

lcon109
Thu, Jul-04-02, 08:28
I started the CAD program all over again today! I've spent a good few months ignoring everything that worked when I started this in the first place and I NEED to get back on the program.

I gained 4 pounds back, not terribly bad, but gained not lost.

I had my Complimentary breakfast and am looking forward to my Complimentary lunch and a great dinner. It was so easy when I started this the first time, effortless even. I don't know why it's been impossible lately except for the fact that I'm truly addicted to carbs. That's all I've seemed to eat.

I've missed the Low Carbers forum more than I realized. I hope to see you all more regularly.

Congratulations on all your continued successes!

Lisa

Libbyfcr
Sat, Jul-06-02, 22:16
Good for you!! Starting fresh!! I hope that things are going well for you and I hope that we get to hear from you more often.

I am hanging in there............... doing the same old same old. Weight is not changing much, but I guess eating cake did not help my cause out much. LOL. Gota do that once in a while ya know!

Must run.............
bedtime stories are waiting to be read.

Libby

lcon109
Sun, Jul-07-02, 07:21
I didn't get to post until today but it's all good!

B: 2 eggs, 2 bacon
L: salmon, cucumbers w/good seasons dressing
D: Salad, Spagetti and meat sauce (my spagetti is cooked
cabbage), roll, butter, 3 cookies
W: not enough water, but getting back to business is hard work!

I feel pretty good about yesterday. I've been fighting a mental block about low carbing again, but I think the fog is clearing and I can see light at the end of the tunnel!

Hope everyone had a great day!

Lisa (LCON109)

Libbyfcr
Mon, Jul-08-02, 11:36
Guess what? It's Monday Morning............ WEEK 19.

Time to check in. Anyone brave?

Okay.......... my weekly averages put me .2 of a pound higher than last week. Today I weigh 144. Not to bad I guess. I am still working on eating right and I know that I will reach my goal even if it takes longer than I had anticipated.

Must run..........

Hope all is well with you.
Libby

lowco
Mon, Jul-08-02, 18:51
hi libby,

this tread is so long. Can we start a new one? How about a cheat free one?

menu:

B:minced turkey& cabbage

l:fish& cabbage

RM:old fashioned oats with some all bran (YUM!)
2 mangoes, 1/4 papaya

hoping to see 162 again.

tigerww
Wed, Jul-10-02, 11:53
Hi again. This last week was a rough one. Stayed exactly the same weight (by weekly average). Not too terrible considering that I went to two major affairs and clearly overate.

Back on track now, with both the diet and exercise, though the heat wave here (it was 101 yesterday, same forecast today) is making it hard to work out.

Good luck to everyone!

Libbyfcr
Thu, Jul-11-02, 13:34
Heat? HA! I like it when it gets down to 101 at night. This is the only time of year that makes me wonder why I live in Sunny Las Vegas. UGH. It was about 114 yesterday and 118 two days ago.
You don't really think the weatherman tells the truth do you? LOL. They don't want to discourage the tourists from coming to this town.

Tiger.......... I think you are doing great! You will accomplish your goals because you are doing the right things. :D

I am feeling pretty yucky today. It's my day off. I started my TOM AND I might be working on a cold or something. It has been going around the office. I had good intentions of cleaning my house today and so far all I have done is some wash. I am sure if I leave my sheets out on the line any longer they will bleach to white! LOL

Ya'll keep up the good work and I will check in again soon.

Libby

tigerww
Thu, Jul-11-02, 13:50
Libby, thanks for the support. Today is cooler (80's going up to 90 or so), so I was able to walk and do weights at the gym. Feeling better already!

I hope it cools off in Las Vegas. I don't think I could stand it there in the summer. I've visited a number of times in the fall and it was plenty warm. ;)

Hope you feel better quickly. A cold's no fun, especially when it's really hot.