PDA

View Full Version : Hey ya'll!!!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Fe1603
Tue, May-21-02, 07:54
Hey guys!!! Today is day one for me (again!) but this time, I'm gonna stick to it! My goal is to lose 21 lbs in a month.... I can do it! LOL... GOOD LUCK YA'LL!

Felicia

razzle
Tue, May-21-02, 08:35
welcome to the board

FYI, a typical LC weight loss pattern is this: 10% of what you have to lose (if your goal is a reasonable one for your body type) in the first two weeks. Nothing in the third week. 1-2% of the amount you have remaining to lose every week thereafter. So if you have 20 pounds to lose, a 3 pound loss in a month is very typical. Some people get slightly faster loss (usually men); mine has been considerably slower after the first six months. Exercise can net you an extra pound loss a month or so.

Fe1603
Tue, May-21-02, 09:08
When I was on this diet before (I've only been off of it for a few weeks) I lost 12lbs in the 1st 2 weeks, 2.5lbs in the 3rd week, another 2.5lbs in the 4th week and .5lbs in the 5th week. That whole "10% of your BF" thing isn't completely true. Not everyone is gonna lose that much or that little. It varries per body. Anyways, thanks for responding!!!

Felicia

razzle
Fri, May-24-02, 11:11
that's true! Every time you use Lcing as a diet, it tends to work less well, too. But I'll cross my fingers for you and hope it keeps working for ya! :)

Cinderella
Fri, May-24-02, 13:18
Yep Razzle, your right. The first time I lowcarbed the weight melted off me over night. This time things are much different and I'm WAY more strict!

cin

animaldoc
Fri, May-24-02, 14:20
Healthy loss is about 1-2 pounds a week...if you lose it slowly, you're more likely to keep it off. Besides, you didn't gain it overnight!

-animaldoc :wave: