PDA

View Full Version : Yikes - off to France!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

prsloan
Tue, May-21-02, 02:36
I am leaving Friday on a French river cruise - plan on staying with CALP as much as possible - even ordered a seafood platter for the flights, but am a bit concerned about the plan working for 9 days!

One thing that has given me comfort is knowing I can return and do the fat flush / cleansing that Mila speaks of to take off a few pounds.

I know that wine will be part of the picture - and I just can't see myself ordering a salad at the bar during cocktail hour!

So, I'm sincerely hoping that my new WOL will keep me from gaining too much.

Any ideas on how to make this as successful as possible considering the circumstances???

Thanks,

Prsloan

Libbyfcr
Tue, May-21-02, 09:32
I wish I was going with you!!

Remember that it is OKAY for you to ask for the foods you need when you are dining out!

I don't know about you.... but I am still working on asking for the things that I want/need when we eat out. I mean.... for heavens sakes, restaraunts wouldn't be in business if they didn't keep their customers happy so don't be afraid to ask for the LC foods that you need. Besides... I am SURE that waiters have all heard stranger requests from customers!

Most of all...... HAVE FUN......
and drink your water.

Libby :wave:

Cinderella
Tue, May-21-02, 10:16
WOW...lucky YOU!!!

One idea would be to go on CAD while you are gone...that way it gives you a little more freedom.

Just a thought!!

YOu lucky thing you....ACKkkkkk....have fun!!

Cin :wave:

prsloan
Wed, May-22-02, 04:22
Hi Libbyfcr and Cinderella,

Thanks for your support.

Lots of water and possibly CAD...I think I can strive for that.

I'm just concerned there won't be enuf' toilets available when I need them - drinking the amount of water I do each day!

Oh well, I feel so good about this WOL now that I feel fairly confident that if I do 'cheat', I will be able to come back to you all when I'm back, and get right on track!

This forum is soooooo important!

Thx,

Prsloan

SummerSlim
Wed, May-22-02, 14:33
Have a wonderful time! We all wish we could go with you, just to keep your eating on track ;) , of course!

I am still on CAD, but have sort-of stopped losing, (which I feared) so I think I'll have to go on CALP, I think the portion balancing for the Reward Meal should really help. And the salad first to tide me over.

Does anyone else have serious trouble around their TOM? Last night and today I felt like I could eat everything in sight!

I made myself a very nice quiche with mushrooms, spinach and bacon. Needless to say that is GONE-whoosh-like a vaccuum cleaner, it was Inhaled!

Have a great day!

I plan to get back on track tomorrow!