PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pandora24
Mon, May-20-02, 13:53
Today is the day I take control of my weight. I am on Dr. Adkins diet. There are so many things I would never eat that are on this diet :yum: I hope I lose and not gain. :wiggle:

:sunny: Brighter days ahead*
Pandora24

lesleyc
Mon, May-20-02, 14:06
hi Pandora and welcome :wave:

Lots of us here have had a lot of success with Atkins...and I'm sure you will find it successful.

You'll get plenty of support here so just ask if you have any questions.

Lesley

Talon
Mon, May-20-02, 14:52
Hi! :wave:

I am on atkins too, and it has changed my live for the better!

I don't think I could have made it this far without the help of on-line support groups such as this. We are here to help and encourage you when you need it!

TeriDoodle
Mon, May-20-02, 20:19
And welcome to our forum.......... you'll love it here!!! :)

Pandora24
Tue, May-21-02, 07:24
Wow, Thanks for making me feel welcome. :D Yesterday was alot of fun. I ate pepperoni, bacon, eggs, 100% Beef sausage.
It was great! Although at the end of the day i felt greasy. I wanted something not so fatty? :confused: Any recipes or food choice recommendations for the induction? Maybe some things i could make a couple days ahead of time. Like today i will make chicken salad with real mayo and put on lettuce and maybe some devil eggs too. I am simple not really in to all those extravagate meals. Well maybe some times. None the less, i am simple. I am looking for recipes with maybe 5-10 ingredients? How do yall feel about buying the adkins bread and other products? Are they worth the money and taste good? If so what are some of the favorites here?
To bad there isnt a chat room here! :blush:

Two more days to go before i am in Ketosis..I hope cross your fingers for me! :wave:

:daizy: Pandora24

TeriDoodle
Tue, May-21-02, 08:38
You sound like me .... I don't cook fancy meals either. Your menu ideas sound good....that's stuff I eat too. I know what you mean about feeling like you're eating too much fat...."feeling greasy". I counteract that by eating some nice crisp salads or veggies in the evenings, rather than a fatty meal at that time....which seems to help. When you get off induction and are allowed a little more variety, it will get easier....just hang tough!

There are a few people who use the soy flour substitutes, etc., but I think the general consensus is that they're just not very good and can actually prolong your addiction to carb-y foods. The idea is to break those addictions so that your cravings can subside and you're less likely to cheat. And the best way to do that is just to avoid those foods (lo carb or not) and work your way through the "withdrawal". It really doesn't take that long for most folks, and the results are worth it.

So, the simple answer to your question is "no" the Atkins bread mixes are not worth the money. Oh, and in case you haven't heard, stay away from the lo-carb atkins bars! They have hidden carbs in them that can stall your progress!

mbschlgr
Tue, May-21-02, 09:08
Hi Pandora! :wave:

You will just love it here.

The best advice I can give is read all labels :read: Definitely stay away from FAT FREE :nono: and make sure that locarb is really that!! :eek:

I personally can not go much above induction with my carb count. When I do it has to be in the form of a veggie and never any sugar of any type. But, that is just me of course.

To keep away from temptation, I just look at the particular food and say to myself "it will make you sick" and it turly will, gaining weight will upset me and make me sick!! :lol:

Have a look at my journal and feel free to comment or ask questions. :roll: