PDA

View Full Version : I am so EXCITED to post these pictures!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CrazyCurly
Mon, May-20-02, 11:38
OKay on the very first day I came to this board almost 4 months ago the first place I went to is the Success Stories. I have always used the fact that I could post these pictures here as inspiration. I am so excited to share these and inspire someone else.

I have been on Atkins for almost 4 months. I have lost a total of 40 pounds. I still want to lose about 10 more, but I think I am close enough to goal to post these now. I don't think I would have gotten this far without all the support I have found here. This place is amazing. My journal and the people who post in it have been my life saver. So thanks guys! :D

before at 200 or over:
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/May/20025202615763224945766.jpg

now at 160:
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/May/20025201636074655237134.jpg

now:
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/May/20025207001867943624675.jpg

TeriDoodle
Mon, May-20-02, 11:52
3 words: OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You look so amazing, Jess. I am getting all misty!! Congratulations, sweetie, for these beautiful results!!

You are truly A SUCCESS STORY!! :D :D :D

razzle
Mon, May-20-02, 12:14
stunning! you look incredible! nice going, CC. :)

Bonnie
Mon, May-20-02, 12:18
Way to go girl :thup: Absolutely stunning ;) great inspiration to us all :cheer: :cheer:

Bonnie

kimmy_3
Mon, May-20-02, 20:42
You look wonderful I hope I will be as successful as you are. Keep up the good work.

Kim :roll:

fated4ever
Tue, May-21-02, 00:43
congratulations!!

you have a really pretty smile ! :)

mselly572
Tue, May-21-02, 07:16
Jess...........WOW, you look absolutely fantastic!

I love to see pictures (before & after), gives us all a huge
boost of encouragement.

I'm very proud of you....well done! :cheer:

LC_Dave
Tue, May-21-02, 07:53
Wow!

Now I better get my butt into gear!

Do you feel your 'mental' attitude had a lot to do with being able to loose weight?

LC_Dave

CrazyCurly
Tue, May-21-02, 09:11
Thanks guys! :bhug: What you have said means the world to me.

Dave, first off I want to say how great it was for me to come in here and see you here. I really mean that! I had read allot of your posts before and I am so glad to see you back!
It has allot to do with my attitude. I had tryed other diets before I found atkins as a way of life. I wasn't "ready" before, I am now and I want it SO bad. I found support for it here, with people who care and people who listen to me and don't judge me. I have found things that inspire me when I am feeling down. One really weird example I think i walked around in my way too tight size 12 pants for almost a month just to remind myself. :D Trust me if anyone would have seen I think I would have died! :lol: I have found other things to keep me motivated also, I signed up to start school again, I look at before and after pictures, I look at magazines, I write in my journal here, and best of all I go and read journals to support others and that is a HUGE help. So now I still need the support but not as bad as the first couple of months. Now I know I CAN do this, I AM doing this, and I WILL do this. The way I feel about myself right now is priceless, it gets better with every pound I lose. Everytime I can wear a new size and everytime I realize that I put my body and my health first. I deserve this, and I deserve to take my life back. So do you. Before I didn't want to leave my house, go to a movie or even go shopping. I dreaded trying on clothes or running into someone I knew. Through losing my weight I have seen how silly that was. I am ME no matter my size, my weight. I am a good person and I want to live my life to the fullest. You HAVE to love yourself. If you don't right now, you can get it back. You really can, because I have. You can do it too.

Cinderella
Tue, May-21-02, 10:17
You look beautiful. All your hard work has paid off.

Hugs..Cin :wave:

melanie 27
Tue, May-21-02, 12:18
WOW you look Great those are AWSOME before & after Pictures what a Great Testamony you are!!! How tall are you? Im 5 "8 & my goal is 164 but might go on to 140 Im very curious how tall you are because at 160 you look GREAT!!!! Keep it up & CONGRADULATIONS!!! :wave:

CrazyCurly
Tue, May-21-02, 12:24
I'm 5'9 and a half an inch. :lol: Had to add the half ;)

agonycat
Tue, May-21-02, 13:15
Jess.....

You are simply beautiful. I am so pleased you have had fantastic results for all your hard work :)

Keep that wonderful smile going and that pretty chin up.

:cheer:

slimchance
Tue, May-21-02, 13:22
Wow!! You look great!! :thup:

I am so inspired! Keep up the great work!!

KC :roll:

not2fat
Tue, May-21-02, 13:24
You are so cute! The results are great! Way to go!

DWRolfe
Tue, May-21-02, 15:16
WAY TO GO, JESS...

You're beautiful! And a nice set of stems, too! :thup:

We're all so proud of you!

Donald :wave:

CrazyCurly
Tue, May-21-02, 15:38
Thanks donald, but you should have kept the line with the googly eyes, I just loved it! :D Made me laugh!

Thank you guys! You all are doing so great!!

Sarajay
Tue, May-21-02, 15:51
You look fantastic

I'm new to this and the success stories keep me motivated

Well done

sarah

darcijj
Tue, May-21-02, 16:24
That is amazing Jess... 40 pounds in 4 months that is so incredible!!! You must get alot of compliments.. those are very nice pictures.. I can't wait until I can post an after pic.. my weight loss is a bit slower than I would like so It probably won't be for a while..

WAY TO GO JESS... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

mmoranmic
Tue, May-21-02, 16:37
All I can say is VaVoom!! You look gorgeous in that little black dress! Thanks for being such an inspiration to all of us newcomers/turtles.

charveloz
Wed, May-22-02, 13:05
You look simply Marvelous darling.
:thup:
I am trying to get there also. You have inspired me to move on.
Char :D

MaltoMeel
Sun, May-26-02, 11:53
You are stunning! Ohhhhhh! I am soooo motivated!

cecej316
Tue, May-28-02, 05:47
Good Morning Crazy C,
I was wondering what you have mostly been eating. I am stuck on 175 and want to get going again, with this weight loss. You look wonderful, and I am very proud of you. I have been doing this since March and have lost about 30 lbs. I have 20 more to go and want some of it gone by July. You have given me the inspiration I need to continue, and to keep giving it my all.

Thank you, and you really do look great!

Blessings,
CeCej316 :wave:

rtjdk2
Tue, May-28-02, 07:40
WOW really look great... A Loss for words...Keep up the great work you are doing.. You are truely an inspiration.. Thanks for posting these Pictures...

Tammy

marty
Tue, May-28-02, 07:43
Good for you!

AngelaR
Sat, Jun-01-02, 15:26
Sorry for being so late in getting around to congratulating you. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! First of all you are a beautiful woman. Second of all you look like dynamite! If I were a guy I'd say you had legs to die for. ;) You must be just absolutely beaming on the inside!

Claudia9
Sat, Jun-01-02, 16:52
Reading you first, has inspired me...its wonderful to read success stories...I did that too the first time I joined in this great group, and I still do it to keep me going when I feel alone on my journey...

Continue!!! Your pictures are beautiful...you look like a model...I'm tall too...

dizzyd
Sat, Jun-01-02, 17:58
WOWZERS!!!

You rock girlfriend! Your hubby must be grinning ear to ear! I bet you are too, ya little hottie!!

coyote
Sat, Jun-01-02, 19:30
Jess, You are truly an inspiration to us all. I took just one look at your pictures then...
http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/jawdrop.gif

I know that you will shortly reach your goal, but you already look like a million bucks.

GREAT JOB!!!

hjsmom
Sat, Jun-01-02, 20:56
great job!I started feb, 27th and have lost 18 lbs, what did you eat? I guess i need new ideas. You look awesome!!!!!!!

Cher
Sat, Jun-01-02, 22:33
Jess...congratulations on your weight loss! Your before and after pictures are just incredible...I hope that one day, I'll be able to inspire others too!
Way To Go Jess

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

dankar
Sun, Jun-02-02, 02:21
Hi Jess,
What inspiring results! Your determination and sacrifice is right there for there for us all to see. YOU LOOK GREAT! dankar

kalondra
Sun, Jun-02-02, 07:09
Jess you look AMAZING!!!! You are really pretty. Thanks for posting the pictures. :spin: :spin: :spin:

kalondra :rheart:

CrazyCurly
Sun, Jun-02-02, 11:04
Ok I am in tears! You all are so great! Thank you all so much! The fact that you all took out time to support me is just so wonderful! You all made my day!

hi hjsmom! :wave: Do you know how to start a journal? A journal here is the best thing you can do. If you start a journal start writing what you are eating and more about yourself. I and MANY people will help you and guide you.

I am very plain when it comes to my foods. I do not eat bars or shakes. I figure there is plenty of time to try all that stuff when I hit goal. Start you journal with daily menus, I will share more with you about what I eat and I will support you. I think I have wrote some of the things I eat in my journal also. You are doing wonderful! :cheer: You will get there! ;)

hjsmom
Sun, Jun-02-02, 13:19
I will start a journal. I just got back from vacation and gained 2 lbs!I am starting a new day today, You look so good, and we all are so proud!!! ;)

scotiagrl
Sun, Jun-02-02, 19:17
Thanks for posting the pics. I needed the encouragement of seeing how great you look. Will continue to watch your progress. Thanks again

enemyhal
Sun, Jun-02-02, 20:32
Jess you lokk wonderful in your photos, but even better you sound great! What a great attitude you have, thanks for sharing so much of yourself with the rest of us.Keep up the good work ;)
Take care...............Amy

Siciliana
Mon, Jun-03-02, 01:27
Complementi!

Go You!

Wow what a difference, and thanks for posting.
I always read success stories for a big dose of
inspiration too!

You look wonderful :)

Wendy

Melberry
Tue, Jun-04-02, 03:46
You look fabulous! You should be very proud of yourself! Please tell us what food you were eating!
Melberry
:)

F.tuley
Tue, Jun-04-02, 15:15
I always love to see the before and after pictures,you look so good :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: .
And you look happy too.
All the best :wave: Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!
Fatima

StarGirl
Thu, Jun-06-02, 01:06
You were beautiful before and you are beautiful now. Congratulations on reaching your goal, and your balanced views about self-worth. You are an absolute inspiration to me, just beginning my journey. I think I'll have a look at your journal for hints and tips.

:cheer:

nikkiend
Thu, Jun-06-02, 15:01
Jess,
Congratulations! You look wonderful!
Your post made me cry. I got started back today. I had lost 35 lbs. on Atkins 2 years ago. I still wanted to lose another 15 but never got there and ended up gaining all of it back plus more.
I'm at my highest weight I've ever been in my life and I feel the way you used to. I don't want to see people I haven't seen in awhile because I've gained so much. I'm even MORE ashamed this time because I managed to take most of it off and looked really good 2 years ago.
Your post is exactly what I needed today to get me even more motivated than what I already am. I know I can do it.
Thanks so much and keep up the good work!
:D

charveloz
Fri, Jun-07-02, 11:31
I started to cheat for just one meal... meanwhile 8 days later still cheating and feeling guilty I posted a note and someone replied with...You should check out stickies by rizzo. This is what helped me most to get back on track. I have been back in the saddle for two weeks and feeling great. Check the stickies out!
Good Luck,
Char :roll:

MarieB
Wed, Jul-03-02, 14:05
You look FABULOUS! What an inspiration, great legs girl!

annalabeba
Fri, Jul-05-02, 19:06
beautiful, I am so happy for you, good job

hjsmom
Fri, Jul-05-02, 19:10
Hey guys, just a little frustrated, i am stuck at 45 lbs, any suggestions, it's been 3 weeks since i've lost, I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess i just needed a little help! :rolleyes:

MarieB
Sat, Jul-06-02, 01:13
Yikes. I don;'t know what to suggest, I'm new. I'm so afraid I'm going to start to stall as well:( What kind of exercise have you been trying? I'd try adding some more exercise, doing DIFFERENT exercise to add more variety also. Lowering your carbs for a few days to get a jump start again? Any suggestions from senior members?

hjsmom
Sat, Jul-06-02, 04:19
:cool: I feel much better today, i always take my dog for a walk in the mornings theni try to do aerobics or something, I am going to drink more water and see if that helps, i've come to far to quit, i'll get there, thanx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll:

MarieB
Sat, Jul-06-02, 08:50
yay! Good for you:) Keep us posted on your progress.

Kara
Sat, Jul-06-02, 13:35
ANyone know what my target goal really shoul be? 170, 165, 160?
I am large framed, and remember fondly a size 10-12. Now I'm 16-18 (canadian).
Thanks
Kara
PS: WOW to the photos! YOU look awesome! Do you FEEL (mentally, spiritually) better too?
I bet! I can't wait for myself to catch up!

WOW! :D

MarieB
Sat, Jul-06-02, 18:26
Hi, I think your goal weight all depends on you. I'm a size 16 and I'm 225 pounds. My current goal is 190, which should put me at about a size 12. Have you ever had your body fat measured? I get mine done at the gym. Just focus on inches more if you're unsure. whAT DID you weigh when you were a size 10-12 before?

LindaT
Sat, Jul-06-02, 21:32
WOW!!! I am proud of you and you are an inspiration. Hang in there sweetie. God bless! :wave:

CrazyCurly
Sun, Jul-07-02, 06:38
Wow! Thank You all so much! I had been away for awhile and I came back and read all your replys today! Hugs to you all!

Candiflip
Sun, Jul-07-02, 13:15
I just love to see before & after pictures. I must say you look great! You look so happy too, you with that big smile on your face. You must be so proud of yourself. What an insperation , 40 pounds in 4 months you lost. Good Job!!!!

http://www228.pair.com/judygale/jumper_lg_clr.gif

Candice

CrazyCurly
Sun, Jul-07-02, 14:03
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jul/2002773099292138773540.jpg

Me at 160 but minus inches

slimchance
Sun, Jul-07-02, 15:54
You look FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Great job!!

KC :wave:

GoldenLady
Mon, Jul-22-02, 06:49
hi CrazyCurly Congratulations! You look wonderful!

i am so haapy for you and hope you all the best i love your pics

bye

danwoody
Sun, Jul-28-02, 19:13
absolutely gorgeous

Well Done

Dan

harpseal
Mon, Jul-29-02, 10:06
Wow, what inspiration for a new person like me!!! You're beautiful!!!!

ShutterShy
Thu, Aug-01-02, 11:16
Jess, you look wonderful. I'm in your shoes and just starting out, you give me something to look forward too. Thanks for being there.

ptjody
Thu, Aug-01-02, 20:24
Fantastic! What an inspiration. You posted those first photos about the time that my husband, our two sons and I all started eating LC. We have now lost a total of 128 pounds. I hope that I look as fantastic as you when I reach my goal...congrats!

Ziggykats
Tue, Aug-20-02, 04:44
:wave: Hi Jess,

Great Job, it is very inspiring to see someones results. Makes you feel like it is possible. You look great. Keep up the good work.

Kathy :wave:

cre8tivgrl
Tue, Aug-20-02, 16:43
Great job girl!! :thup: :thup:

Shelley

Twister
Wed, Aug-21-02, 09:23
If I lost 40 lbs that would put me at 120lbs and I would love that! How long did you do that induction? Less than 20 carbs a day for 4 months? No exercise? You do look really great! :)

lisacc
Thu, Aug-22-02, 11:46
I was browsing the success forum. I like to do it every now and then to keep me on track. You are my mentor, you are beautiful. I can't wait to be 10lbs to goal. Way to go.

ROXY25
Sat, Aug-24-02, 19:35
You look really pretty :wave:

smittlem
Wed, Sep-18-02, 11:36
WOW! You look wonderful! Congrats on your success. What an inspiration you are!

Stacy

SooCee
Sat, Sep-21-02, 22:56
WOW! That is so incredible. You look absolutly great!!! You are a great inspiration :thup:

Keep it Up :)

Pirate40
Wed, Dec-04-02, 19:24
My first day on this board, just kinda surfin' around I come across your pix. Wow! What an inspiration! You are absolutely stunning, keep up the good work!

FatArse
Sun, Dec-08-02, 00:55
Uh Oh!!!!!!!

Hottie alert!!!!!

Daaayyyuummm girl, good job.

lisaes1971
Tue, Dec-10-02, 19:23
Just browsing around and saw your pics. You look really awesome! You're an inspiration to us all. 3 cheers for you! :cheer:

pjaye
Tue, Dec-10-02, 19:38
Truly inspirational. Did what I said I wasn't going to do and weighed in earlier than 1 week and put a pound on, but just looking at your pictures picked my day up. Thank you.

TeresaV
Tue, Dec-17-02, 16:02
That is great Jess. I am inspired by the success stories too. Thanks for posting yours.

LindaC6724
Fri, Feb-28-03, 12:18
3 Words....

YOU LOOK FABUUUUUUUULOUS!!!!

I went to your site and immediately got re-inspired to stick with it. Thank you so much for taking the time out to share your pictures with us.

slack32
Sat, Mar-08-03, 22:36
YOU LOOK LIKE A GODDESS! Congratulations!

YoungGal
Sun, Mar-09-03, 15:59
Oh my God I'm crying....

I looked like you just 3 months ago....

You are so beautiful, remember that.

Now, back to LCing...THERE'S NO STOPPING ME NOW!!!!!!

jeanyyy
Sun, Mar-09-03, 16:02
Hmmmm where are the pics? I can't see them in the orginal post. :(

luddybell
Sun, Mar-16-03, 03:03
omg you are such an inspiration to me b/c i too started in the 200lb range ( well actually 210) and i have 4 months till summer hopefully i will reach bikini weight before July! :) way to go !

TraceyLynn
Mon, Mar-17-03, 15:30
Good for you...what a difference!!!

teddybear3
Sun, Mar-23-03, 13:26
Way to go!! You look absolutely wonderful! :) I just started on the protein power plan today! I cant wait until I see results like yours! Congrats!

do21little
Wed, Apr-16-03, 18:42
OH MY GOSH!!! YOU ARE GORGEOUS!! GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!11 :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

brn2boogee
Fri, Apr-18-03, 22:52
Congratulations! You look wonderful. I just had to stop by and tell you! :p

No_Lemons
Tue, May-13-03, 07:28
As a "newbie" just starting with really similar starting weight, I'm thankful to see that you can do 40 pounds in 4 months.

I NEED to believe I can do this too!

Did you have any stalls along the way? How did you keep yourself psyched?

Sadly, I can only see your after shot...go figure. You look great! I hope to be able to post a before/after shot myself down the road....

Any tips?

Did you exercise? What did you do?

:)

anewlife
Thu, May-22-03, 08:08
I am so thrilled for you, and I absoulutely love your pictures. you are gorgeous!

but also must admit a tinge of "wish i could lose 40 in 4 months"

can you tell me how you did it? i have been following atkins since october of 2002--7 months now and i have lost 25 pounds. i'm happy about that. i know i've found the answer. but i have a lot left to lose and it is extremely slow. i'd like to know what you did. maybe it would help me? :q:

MaryMac
Thu, May-22-03, 21:39
Oh wow you look so great! Thank you for the inspiration.
Mary

wabbit12
Wed, May-28-03, 13:41
You look great. Congratulations.

STALLQUEEN
Fri, May-30-03, 07:30
You look great, Have you worked out all along too, or is this strickly from atkins.........

cinner76
Sat, May-31-03, 22:05
Congrats!!! You look so happy!!! You are an inspiration to us all!!!

tahoch
Sun, Jun-01-03, 08:52
You look beautiful! It is so difficult for teenagers
to avoid the fastfood traps...several of my sons
friends (girls), are trying Atkins because of my
weight loss and they usually mess up w/fries...
chips....You must have a very strong will and
a huge amount of determination. Keep with
it girl!!!!

Congrats!
Terri

silkypink
Sun, Jun-01-03, 21:16
Congrats!!!! Seeing the pics are truly an inspiration to all of us who are on the same road as you. I am starting my second week and now I have something to keep me going. You have done a great job and you look wonderful!!!!! :dazzle:

freckles
Sun, Jun-15-03, 14:38
Thank you for sharing your results. It made me cry to think that I might be able to accomplish what you have. Congratulations!

xfatchik
Fri, Jul-18-03, 02:24
Wow you look soooo great!!!! Way to Go! :-)

pattie
Sun, Jul-20-03, 08:47
Oh What to say you must be so proud!!
You look fantstic.
Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing and what you are doing. Truly a great insperation to us all!!
congratulation!!!

Renae
Sun, Jul-20-03, 09:04
You look wonderful, congrats. :)

Arie
Wed, Jul-23-03, 15:26
two words: Habba habba!!
you look yummy! be proud!
congratulation!

amy576
Sun, Aug-03-03, 10:43
WOW!!! You look BEAUTIFUL!!! I have been on this WOE since May 1st & have lost 33 pounds...w/ 65 more to go. You are an inspiration!!!

Great job & good-luck with the last 10 pounds. Again, you look wonderful.

~Amy

jaybird
Sun, Aug-10-03, 00:18
WOw! I'm new to this forum. I starting LCing about 2 weeks ago, and wow how inspiring! I'm about the same height as you but I'm up there at 213lbs (2lbs lost so far). You look awesome!

ROXY25
Mon, Sep-01-03, 08:13
Nice job!!!!!!!!

tahoch
Mon, Sep-01-03, 08:53
thank you :yay:

GoldenLady
Tue, Sep-02-03, 22:46
Great work i should go back to atkins from today all i am back and journaling
Mona

skyedon
Mon, Sep-08-03, 08:56
you have done so well it gives me hope

grits088
Wed, Nov-09-05, 01:11
Sorry honey, but all I saw was a small X in the upper left hand corner--I could not see any pics.....can you possibly tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

vegaslassi
Fri, Apr-20-07, 12:58
I enjoyed reading your story and it is inspiring for me. Thank you for sharing your story.