PDA

View Full Version : hunger

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Carole
Mon, May-20-02, 10:34
Hi all, Does anyone ever have days that they are starving? I had a Adkins shake for breakfast at 6:00, it is now 9:30 and I am STARVING. I just ate a beef sausage stick and 2 string cheeses. Yesterday, I had barely an appetite. Why does this happen? Thanks for reading this. Carole

MistyBee
Mon, May-20-02, 10:47
I was starving today and finally sat down and put in my fitday readings. I had only had about 350 cals at breakfast! i need to have at least 500-600 cals at breakfast (if I am supposed to eat 2400 cals then 1/3 of them for bfast would be 800...)

So I just had a heartier snack than usual and I am OK again...

But also, I think its normal to have different amounts of hunger on different days. I am at training and having to avoid the free muffins and such - also I brought all my food for the day and my lunch bag is kind of large and i am self conscious to be in this room of people who don't know me, and I am the fat woman with the huge lunch bag....

So, hang in there....

-misty

Elihnig
Mon, May-20-02, 12:30
Atkins shakes and bars (bad) are not meant to be used as meal replacements. You need real food to eat to lose weight. How about that 3 egg and cheese omelet he keeps talking about in the book?

Elihnig

disneybebe
Tue, May-21-02, 00:25
Hi Carole,

I'm really glad that u've started this thread ;)

I've been LCing since 1st Jan. I've never had that "LCer's suppressed appetite". I thought that I was doing something wrong cos everyone is saying how they can't eat & have to add tons of butter or mayo to up their calories.

BTW, if all u had was an Atkin's shake, no wonder u were hungry (3.5 hrs later) :eek:

Just eat til you're satisfied & u'll be fine ;)

Have a great day ;)

Bebe :wave:

Carole
Tue, May-21-02, 08:30
Hi everyone, Thank you so much for the great advice. This morning I had 3 scrambled eggs with some cheese on top. I'm feeling much fuller now. Carole