PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be here!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

calli3
Sun, May-19-02, 12:42
I think I've found my answer! I'm 36 and have been overweight most of my life. As a teen I lost 60 pounds on speed and starvation nearly killing myself in the process. I soon gained the weight back and more. After the birth of my baby I topped out at 205 pounds. I lost down to 160 and then went on diet pills and lost to 120. I slowly gained back a lot of that weight until I maintained at 155. I was not happy here but I could maintain this weight easily enough. In 2000 my father died in Feb and a month later my brother and his wife miscarried their triplet sons at 6 1/2 months. The combined losses sent me to the dr where I was prescribed Effexor and gained 30 pounds on top of losing any emotions I ever had. Effexor killed my thoughts and dreams so I weaned off it and was put on Wellbutrin. 6 months ago I went off that drug too. I had started to gain control of my eating(I cut out all meat and was trying to design a way of eating that would help me lose weight and begin to enjoy life again. I decided to have my tubes tied so I made an appointment and went in for the surgery. When I woke up I discovered that my doctor had confused me with the next patient scheduled for surgery and had done her surgery on my too. Luckily,she had been scheduled for a similar sugery with a few extras . I hate to think if she had been having major surgery(hysterectomy etc :eek: ) I recovered from that but mentally being mistaken for someone else while being operated on has taken a toll. I have gained to 185 and am miserable. 2 weeks ago my husband was diagnosed with AVN(avascular necrosis as a result of the prednisone he took for a herniated disc and now at 41 he is having a hip replacement done. ) I feel this way of life may benefit me and am looking forward to getting healthy,losing weight and making new friends here. Sorry so long but I'm emotional today. It will be a long road but I feel I can make it because I want it and to me thats the first step. Wanting it for myself and not just make anyone else happy.

lesleyc
Sun, May-19-02, 16:49
hi Calli3

Wow sounds like you have had a really rough time of it recently. It's alwasy hard to focus on weight loss when there are s many other things to worry about...so good for you :thup:

This is a great place for support so have a good look around and start posting :thup:

If you start up a journal you will find people stop by to check how you are doing and offer advice if need be

Good luck

Lesley :wave:

Melberry
Tue, May-21-02, 05:24
Hi Calli3
You really have had a bit on your plate. Like you said, it's time to do something for you.
I was like you when I started - the feeling that I finally had the answers! And I still have that feeling after 4 months.
I agree with Lesley, start a journal. It will be good for your soul and something to look back on as you proceed to your goal.
Good luck
Melberry
:)