PDA

View Full Version : Hello Lowcarbers!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

no1g8r
Sat, May-18-02, 20:26
Hi!

I'm new to both this forum and to low carbing. In fact, I started lowcarbing about 72 hours ago, and even then I didn't know what plan I wanted to be on.

A couple of years ago I tried "the Zone", but realized that my allotted portions had me down to under 1,000 calories per day.

Last year I tried simply counting calories, and lost 38 lbs in 5 months. However, the weight came creaping back until I found myself within 5 lbs of my weight from last year.

A friend lost 35 lbs on Atkins in 7 weeks (and over the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays, no less) and has managed to keep his off.

That got me looking into Atkins less than a week ago, and I started a 15gram carb diet 2 days ago.

By the end of that day I had discovered the Schwarzbein Principle, and decided that it looked more like something I could live with, so as of 5pm yesterday I became an SP'er.

Interestingly, over the past 3 days I'm down 7 lbs from where I weighed in 4 days ago. I'm sure it's water loss, but it certainly was nice looking at the scale and seeing that much of a difference.

I know I can't get used to that kind of progress.

FWIW, I'm a 40 year old male and father of a 2 year old. You'd think that would keep me active enough to lose weight!

Rosebud
Sat, May-18-02, 23:19
Hi No1! :wave:
Welcome to the forum!
I see you have already found the home of the SPers. That's a good start. Have a good look around the rest of the site, if you haven't already - there's a lot of great info here.
Check out the "Low Carb Tips" on the orange bar at the top of the page.
You should also consider starting a journal here (info about journals in the "sticky" at the top of this thread). A journal is a great way to document your progress - also a good way for folk to drop in to offer help and support.
Good luck on your journay.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

razzle
Sun, May-19-02, 08:48
hi, and welcome to the forum! If you're a reader of LC books, you're learning as you read, no matter which plan feels right. SP seems like a great long-term plan, and I'm glad you found it!

Men usually lose quickly and experience fewer stalls--I sure hope you're one of those guys! :)

glad to meet you. Don't let that toddler wear ya out! ;)

black57
Sun, Sep-18-05, 18:11
Congrats on your loss. Even if it is water, it is a good loss. No one wants to carry excess water and it is good to lose it. But, for the most part your loss will be a loss of fat. Hang on and good luck on your journey.

Black57