PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new to this forum not lowcarb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pat S.
Sat, May-18-02, 15:51
:wave:
I thought I would introduce myself I'm Pat S. fighting the battle of the bulge :( I have been dieting since I was 13 and I am now 60 lowcarb since I read Dr. Adkins first book and still trying you'd think I would get it right by now. I can't low fat high carb diet I just get sick and gain weight. I really love Dr. S's WOE but the slow to no weight lose makes me wander.

alto
Sat, May-18-02, 19:20
Hi, Pat! Welcome!

Please don't be discouraged at the slow start. Marlaine was a very s-l-o-w starter, and look at her now! (Read the first few entries of her journal, at least, for inspiration.)

Schwarzbein has some information on slow starting long-time dieters. I don't want to paraphrase her reasoning incorrectly, but the bottom line is, it's not uncommon, and it's not permanent. Eventually your fat burning mechanism will kick in.

Good luck! Keep us posted on how you're doing.

DebPenny
Sun, May-19-02, 08:30
Hi, Pat, welcome!

Dr. S. said that for some people the healing has taken a year or more before the weight loss starts. That's for the very bad off. However, looking at your stats and what you said about yourself, you have two things slowing you down and you're not that bad off:

1. Years of yo-yo dieting. This makes your body very efficient at holding onto the excess fat it has stored up. It's going to take work to get it to let loose.

2. Also, you don't have a whole lot to lose. The closer you are to your optimum weight, the slower it will go.

You need focus on how well you feel. This is not a diet, it's a way of life. If you are serious about this, you will never follow a high carb way of eating again. And because of that you need to take the focus off weight loss.

And one more word of encouragement, check your measurements. I wouldn't be surprised if they are going down. Many people see shrinkage when the scales don't show any movement.

So, enjoy. This is a fun way to live. And the food is great!

;-Deb
:daizy: