PDA

View Full Version : Hello guys :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jr4bbit
Mon, Jan-14-13, 02:44
Hi there, another new member. My name is Jessica. Quick stats are: female, 22-years-old (almost 23... *shudder*), living in Scotland UK. A very recent new mother to a 4-month-old son named Dexter. I'm Australian. What else. I used to love macaroni and cheese, ice-cream and chocolate. lol.

All my life I have been chubby and overweight, except for when I was a small child. I've struggled with losing weight over the years and have tried several different diets to no avail, or the avail was temporary, and then I'd just gain it all back. Last year I did a second round of Atkins and managed to lose roughly 2 stone (28lbs) and felt amazing. Then, I got pregnant, and I gained a whopping 50lbs or so *facepalm*. No lying here - I ate like crap and ate all the time.Pizza, pasta, ice-cream, chocolate, jellybeans, crisps, you name it.I had bouts of healthy eating in between my incredibly unhealthy eating habits and figured, "well, I'm pregnant, we're supposed to gain weight right?". Yeah.

It wasn't until 3 months post-partum that I considered altering my diet thinking that my boy might be sensitive or intolerant of dairy products I was eating (breastfeeding). So I researched going dairy free. And from there, the more I researched, I came to the conclusion that my best bet for getting off this eternal weight roller coaster that I found myself on was to go right back to basics and eat paleolithic. So I took the plunge and eliminated all dairy products and all carbohydrates, except for vegetables, from my diet. Suffice to say, it's been roughly 2 weeks and I have lost 11lbs already :thup:

So there's a brief background story in case you were curious to read. I wanted to join a forum to keep myself accountable and track my progress, and hopefully in the process meet some other people like me to talk to. I'm aiming to lose 100lbs altogether to get down to my ideal weight which is around 130lbs but I am more concerned about body fat % than that anyway.

There's my essay, thanks for reading and hope you are all well :)

typod360
Mon, Jan-14-13, 07:02
Welcome, Jessica! And grats on the little one! I have 3 girls myself (7, 4, and 1) but am only 25 (I know, young and old all wrapped up in one.)

You've definitely come to the right place and the right diet (or WOE: Way of Eating, WOL: Way of Life) I lost over 70 pounds before my first was born, so I know first hand how wonderful this diet is!

Best of luck to you! My best advice is to start a journal to help you keep track of what your eat and/or your activities. It's really helped me and kept me accountable. And we're all here to help and add support whenever needed.

vsalmon
Mon, Jan-14-13, 07:07
Welcome Jessica!
My daughter also had similar issues with her daughter who is allergic to many foods while breastfeeding. She ended up eating Paleo and lost weight amazingly while keeping baby healthy. The very best to you and yours!

kitann
Mon, Jan-14-13, 09:55
Welcome Jessica! You've made a great start. I enjoyed your brief bio - gives us a glimpse of the battles you fight. This forum has been great support to me and hope it is to you too!

jr4bbit
Mon, Jan-14-13, 12:17
Thank you typod, vsalmon and kitann :) I think I will start up a journal, good advice man. Having a newborn is a very stressful and tiring job, which is why this way of eating definitely works for me. Sucks starting all over again, but feeling good regardless. Hope to speak to you all more over the coming months.

mviesprite
Thu, Jan-17-13, 23:17
Welcome - I see you have a journal so I'll visit over there!
Kat