PDA

View Full Version : New and determined

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cloaked
Wed, Jan-09-13, 07:25
I've been overweight most my life. I have been in love with my child hood friend for over a decade, and she has always felt the same way about me. I've always been too scared to try a relationship because I'm not happy with the way I look.

Well, I finally decided to lose the pounds, and I chose the low-carb lifestyle to do it. I am not only determined to do this so I can face her, but also so I can face myself in the mirror.

Wish me luck. I am new to low-carb so any feedback & advice is welcome!

becky7474
Wed, Jan-09-13, 08:34
Welcome! :wave:

Spend time reading and learning. There is a lot of good info on this site.

typod360
Wed, Jan-09-13, 14:04
Welcome, and best of luck to you!!!! Be sure to lose the weight for yourself more than anything, but building confidence never hurts. Personally, if you know she feels the same way, I'd even use it as a tool, tell her that you're doing it for her so you can be just as perfect for her as she is to you.

My wife is (reluctantly) doing this with me, but long ago I lost my first, possibly strongest love because I was to insecure with myself to follow her, so in a way I have the same type of prize to win, my confidence.

I've done this before and had great success though, so I can say without a doubt that this is the right path for you, or anyone. Best of luck, and never give up!

3shewolf8
Wed, Jan-09-13, 16:04
What a great story! Welcome.

mviesprite
Thu, Jan-10-13, 00:06
Aw, that is a great story. You can do it! Best of luck to you, and typod360, to you as well.
This site has been a godsend. Consider a journal - very helpful.
Kat