PDA

View Full Version : finally found my way back..Thanks Tracy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LoletaLynn
Tue, Jan-08-13, 19:11
I'm not a newby by any means. I used to be a semi-regular here, but my computer crashed and I lost my contact info and my way "home"..I also fell off the proverbial wagon about the same time..and gained back about half of the weight I'd lost.

Since then I've tried just about every low carb/Atkins board that's out there, and let me tell you...none of them measure up to this one..especially when it comes to the family type support combined with humor and loving firmness you all share.

It was an old email between Tracy and I that I'd kept "as new" that finally gave me a way back..thanks again SO much Tracy...

My name is Lynn, I'm now 71 and beginning to feel every extra pound I'm packing around. Just not able to shrug things off as easily as before..Am just plain tired of feeling like I'm in my nineties...so this time I plan on getting seriously serious and making this my last time to start all over again...I'm on my fourth day on induction and so far no flu. Haven't weighed to see if I've lost any since starting, but have a doctor's appointment this Friday, so will see how things are going then.

Anyway...I'm glad to be back and look forward to the venture...

Lynn

bunzaga
Tue, Jan-08-13, 19:35
Welcome back Lynn! You are going to rock this out this time and keep it off! I am restarting as well and used to come to this board-so we have that in common as well!! Good luck!

mviesprite
Tue, Jan-08-13, 21:48
Hi Lynn
Welcome back! Glad you kept that old mail, huh!
I love this site and know the support here is the key to keeping me going.
Good luck to you!
Kat

vsalmon
Sat, Jan-12-13, 01:23
Welcome back! I too got side-tracked with various issues but so glad to be back, losing again and determined to succeed. the best to you!

typod360
Sat, Jan-12-13, 08:13
Welcome back on track! You've got this! I just picked out a pair of clothes that I used to fit into and left them where I can plainly see everyday. once those fit again, I'll pick out new clothes that I can't wear yet. lol Always stay motivated, and these forums are a great place to do so!

LoletaLynn
Sun, Jan-13-13, 09:48
Thanks All.. for the warm welcome back and the encouraging words..I'm down seven pounds and the sugar cravings are finally easing up...I've always been more of a lurker than a poster but will try to change that this time around...but bear with me, please, if I seem to disappear every now and then...

Typod...I see you're a homeschooler...WAY TO GO...it's the most rewarding "job" ever...I like your idea of placing an outfit you want to fit into out where you can see it as motivation....
unfortunately my last decluttering "jag" sent all such outfits off to Good Will...but I think maybe a catalog picture of such an outfit might just do the trick...thanks

typod360
Sun, Jan-13-13, 15:34
That it is! I love home schooling my girls! Thanks for the comment, not many know just how rewarding it can be.

LoletaLynn
Wed, Apr-10-13, 15:44
Thought I'd better check in...seeings as it's been three months since I last posted...the weight is coming off a lot slower than it did last time,but that's ok with me....this time I'm working more on the mental and emotional side of the problem...been doing a lot of soul searching and praying..and am probably closer to the root problem than ever before...Have lost fifteen pounds...but the most important "reward" of all has been my blood pressure...it was running around 165/115 and now is a healthy 119/68...

How are the rest of you doing?

Susann
Wed, Apr-10-13, 20:03
Hi Lynn :wave:
Great to meet you and glad you're back. congrats on the bp!!
Susann

LoletaLynn
Thu, Apr-11-13, 08:57
Thanks...it was a real unexpected blessing...and just in time, seeings as my doctor was talking B.P. meds....

Have been over in the TDC lurking lately...I have over 100 lbs to lose, so it seems the place to be...but will still be lurking in the corner here too...

mviesprite
Mon, Apr-15-13, 19:52
I think you can lurk anywhere you like - TDC welcomed me into their 2 hr exercise challenge - :) they're nice over there.
Have you thought of starting a journal?
Kat

LoletaLynn
Tue, Apr-16-13, 10:14
They do seem really nice over in TDC, but no matter where you are, on the boards, the people are warm and welcoming...Just having a place to go where you're not the only one fighting the battle and can ask all the questions you need to ask is fantastic.

Kat...I got really excited when I saw that you were in CA..until I looked it up on Google Earth...ahh sigh....I've sadly come to the conclusion that there is literally NO-ONE doing this woe in my part of the state...I'm up in Humboldt Co...about 2 1/2 hours drive from the Oregon border..

How are all of you doing? I'm hanging in there...and for the first time in my "dieting career" am NOT weighing nor measuring....I'm just concentrating on gaining mental and emotional strength...I am using FitDay which is starting to prove to be a tad frustrating...trying to balance the fat, and protein AND keep my calories UP where they need to be..That was a difficult concept to accept...having to eat more in order to lose...but...IT WORKS...

mviesprite
Wed, Apr-17-13, 18:26
We're in the same state, neighbor! Ha, you can come visit my J anytime you like. I don't know anyone near me doing this either. And especially my plan which was the rage over a decade ago. I am a little late, but it does work LOL...
I love that I don't weigh and measure either - I do find too much dairy or too many of the allowed carbs on my plan cause some stalls for me.
Have a good day,
Kat