PDA

View Full Version : Splenda beverages

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

aphlat
Sat, May-18-02, 09:30
I'm curious how much Diet Rite is okay to have in one day. 2 glasses? 3? 1? Otherwise, it's lots of Brita filtered water all day for me.

Talon
Sat, May-18-02, 09:33
I beleive it varies from person to person. Some can have a few and have no effect, others can't have any at all. It is either the artificial sweeter that tricks some people into an insulin response or it is the caffiene.

I for one am on a very friendly basis with my water filter. :)

Lisa N
Sat, May-18-02, 13:49
Diet pop is a YMMV (your mileage may vary) thing. Generally, it's best to stick with water...the more the better, but an occasional glass of Diet Rite isn't likely to hurt. Some people have problems with all artificial sweeteners. It seems that just the taste of something sweet causes the pancreas to produce insulin in anticipation of high carbs. Another ingredient is most Diet pops is citric acid...another staller for some. See how it affects you. If you can have a glass or two a day and still keep losing, great! If you seem to be stalling, try cutting it out and see what happens. I used to be a huge Diet Coke drinker, but the longer I low carb, the less I seem to drink any diet pop. Now I only have a glass or two a week and don't miss it much at all.