PDA

View Full Version : Here and ready to go to Downtown

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Downtown
Sun, Jan-06-13, 08:15
Hi there, I am a almost 50 with the typical wanna be healthy by the time I hit it, woman.
I have been on Atkins in the past but never could seem to totally commit to it. I was reading a post on another forum about " why atkins didn't work. As much as i would like to say I stuck to it, I did not. :( So it was not that Atkins did not work for me, I did not do the work for Atkins. I have no doubt it works, and have no doubt I am addicted to carbs. Family history of diabetes and heart problems.
I really hope to find the support I need to follow through with it this time.

Day five on induction and this AM I am up one pound OMG thats the stuff that makes me wanna throw in the towel. But, I am not gonna!!!

becky7474
Sun, Jan-06-13, 08:26
Welcome! :wave:

Give us a typical daily menu so we can help you.

Downtown
Sun, Jan-06-13, 08:37
Lol, well I know already what the problem is, too much splenda and cream, and over did on the cheese. Everthing else comes easy.

B: smoked salmon, no carbs listed
Snack celery, pepper slices 2 tablespoons cream cheese
Lunch: cheese probably about 4 oz ( I measure nothing)
More celery and peppers
Kalmata olives ( probably 10)
Supper: homemade stuffed peppers, burger, onion, lil bit of celery, mushrooms, salsa( 2tblsp) and canned tomatos with cheese melted on top
Probably three c. Coffee and tea too, both with splenda and cream,

I know that my problem is all the darn splenda and cream.

Downtown
Sun, Jan-06-13, 08:42
My highest weight, was 257 and I managed to get down to 213 but have been there for threee years. The funny thing is went back to carbs but maintained the loss this whole time. I think I ate carbs wiser, but Iam stuck here, and I am determined to do what I have too. No more Atkins did not work for me.

MetaGirl
Sun, Jan-06-13, 08:45
If you are doing Atkins your induction level carbs are way way too high veggies cheese and cream cheese have carbs. And look again at smoked salmon. most times they put sugar in one form or another in there.
Up the fat lower the carbs. At least for two weeks.

Downtown
Sun, Jan-06-13, 09:03
Thanks or that I am reading the book again for review and will start counting the carbs better, I think that is part of my problem, I am pretty good at lying to myself, lol thats how i got here in the first place. The bad girl on my other shoulder is going down....lol
I think that as long as I was not eating the crazy carbs, it was easy to lie to self and say its ok to have the extra veg and cheese

Downtown
Sun, Jan-06-13, 09:04
This really is a bigger fight in my mind I guess, who calls you out when you are so good at lying to yourself...?

MetaGirl
Sun, Jan-06-13, 09:11
I use fitday the website to keep track on days i need, it lets me know where my fat/pro/carb ratios lie.
Right now I keep my carbs, total not net, under 20.
And just because it says 0 g of carbs that could mean it has about.6 or less per SERVING SIZE.
If you are not sure, using software , and there are alot out there, will help... If you up the fat, while you are doing induction it will help,
I don't pay attention to calories at first, getting your body running on ketones instead of glycogen is where the real stuff happens.

Downtown
Sun, Jan-06-13, 09:30
:wave: Thanks for your awesome tips, I am so glad I joined up again. This s gonna help me stay on course

Elizellen
Sun, Jan-06-13, 12:05
There is also the My P.L.A.N. tool on this website that you can use to log food intake and get a handle on how many carbs you are eating etc.
Link at the top of the screen (highlighted in yellow) for access without leaving this site.

Its advantage over other food logging websites is that there is a special forum here for quetions about how to use it to its potential, and you can make it "open" so if needed others can view it easily to help you troubl menus.shoot.

Downtown
Sun, Jan-06-13, 14:09
Very cool, I will use that one. Thanks

Nancy LC
Sun, Jan-06-13, 16:53
I was going to say it's probably too much dairy, but I think you've spotted that already. Your burger sounds wonderful!

Downtown
Sun, Jan-06-13, 17:09
Yup, the dairy is a bit of a tough one for me, I realized that when I put today in the Plan, that is a great tool, but those calories scare me...

mviesprite
Sun, Jan-06-13, 20:44
Welcome back - good for you to review your plan closely - then you can follow it and it will work for you as you know. Consider starting a journal - so helpful. I am not on Atkins but the majority on this site are and they have amazing results!
Good luck,
Kat

slmrickman
Sun, Jan-06-13, 23:41
welcome.........

cnmLisa
Mon, Jan-07-13, 15:06
Welcome!!
If it helps, like you, at 49 I decided to get rid of the fat before I turned 50. That was 2 1/2 years ago and I haven't looked back. Yes it is easy to lie to yourself and if you do, the weight not budge. Denial...just not a river in Egypt :) Sounds like you're on the right track.
Even though you've done the plan before, check out this thread--lots of helpful tips to get you back into the game.
50 is going to be fantastic!!!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=405273

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

Downtown
Mon, Jan-07-13, 16:24
Thanks so much to all of you, this is it for me too. Lisa, you look so good, I appreciate all the support here. I can't wait till I can be happy with any pic of me.

On a different note, I am down 4 lbs. Went up one pound before I went down. So maybe five... Lol.
Day six today and I like the road I am on.

mviesprite
Mon, Jan-07-13, 20:18
On a different note, I am down 4 lbs. Went up one pound before I went down. So maybe five... Lol.
Day six today and I like the road I am on.
Good girl! congrats!
Kat

Downtown
Tue, Jan-08-13, 07:39
all I have to say this morning is happy, happy, happy!!!