PDA

View Full Version : Eck am I gonna die or somethin

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SlimShAdY
Sat, May-18-02, 05:46
I haven't taken my synthroid in like a week. First it was because the drug store didn't have it in for like 3 days, and now I don't have the money at all to get them. I have nothing..lol I won't untill Wednsday. I feel fine, but I've been sleeping more and more and more.. Yesterday I slept like 14 hours... I usually sleep like 7/8..eck I heard you could fall asleep and never wake up..Anyone know? I'm scared but I can't get them... This sucks.

doreen T
Sat, May-18-02, 09:10
No, you won't die.

But, I have no doubt your sudden fatigue is a result of the rapid drop of thyroid hormone levels in your body. The general caution is if you miss more than 2 or 3 days, you need to see your doctor. Thyroid hormone does more than just give us energy and boost the metabolism. It plays important roles in regulating body functions .. heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, cholesterol levels, blood sugar and insulin. Plus ovulation and menstruation in women.

Is there any way the pharmacy will dispense the medication today, and bill you later? Some will do that, especially for something vital like thyroid or insulin.

Since you're already having hypothyroid symptoms, you'll need to be very cautious when restarting the hormone. Do NOT try to double-up or take catch up doses .. the sudden blast of hormone after being low can have serious effect .. especially heart and blood pressure. You might even need to start back at a lower dose for a few days. This is why you need to see your doctor for advice what to do.

Next time, you'd be wise to refill the prescription before you run out, generally when you're down to a week or 10 days' worth. :nono:

Doreen

SlimShAdY
Sun, May-19-02, 13:53
hey thanks Doreen. :) I'm never refilling them at the last minute again. I really really don't like sleeping for 14hrs at a time :o :bash: But I called the pharmacy and asked if even they could give me atleast like 3 pills just to last me untill Wednsday and they said they would, but I won't be able to ask the doctor untill Monday..

I asked them if I should just take a half a pill or something to get my system used to it again and they said just to take it regular.. :confused: I've waited this long, I guess I might as well just wait and call my doctor in the morning just incase.